PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question

Wireframes
01-02-2006, 10:32 PM
Hi the list and Happy New Year !

Here are some stupid questions :

a) Can I do a render from any viewport ?

b) Can I store for example the perspective view and use it to create a camera view ?

Thx

Phil

Wegg
01-03-2006, 05:33 AM
Nope. Messiah renders from cameras. But it is very easy to set up multiple cameras to do exaclty what you need. . .

shadowfork
01-03-2006, 06:56 AM
a) Can I do a render from any viewport ?

b) Can I store for example the perspective view and use it to create a camera view ?

This would be a great addition to messiah.

I think its possible for those of you who know how to write scripts/expressions.

This would make a good plug-in!!! Come on now you hardcore coders!!! Hehehehe :applause::buttrock:

Wegg
01-03-2006, 07:01 AM
If there is a hard core coder out there working on Messiah plugins. . . that makes a plugin that does this. . . .

I will beat them.

/me gets his stick.

Why don't you ask for something really cool. . . like a X3D import/export or importing native .wings files.

Wireframes
01-03-2006, 07:36 AM
I hope someone will do something for my request "b" :bounce:

Phil

shadowfork
01-03-2006, 09:46 AM
If there is a hard core coder out there working on Messiah plugins. . . that makes a plugin that does this. . . .

I will beat them.

/me gets his stick.

Why don't you ask for something really cool. . . like a X3D import/export or importing native .wings files.

...eh? Why not? If this speeds up the workflow I think we should have it. If only it was easy to control the camera like you would with the perspective view (a la lightwave) then it would be awesome.

Not to compare, but XSI nailed this flow just right. Rendering with the perspective and storing a view point.

I mean, for crying out loud, can't we just use the usual Alt+mouse click to rotate the camera when in Camera view??? It already works for the Perspective view :shrug:

*or am I suppose to change a setting somewhere to do that? Lemme know.

I just find it odd to use the manipulator when I'm at Camera View. I don't know a 3D program that does that. Its kinda distracting to see that manipulator in the middle of my scene on Camera view. Maybe I'm just not used to it hehehehe.

But then again, we don't get everything we want :thumbsup:

And oh... we should encourage people to make plug-ins, and not threaten them with a stick. It will benefit this very small community in every way :D

-Cheers

Wireframes
01-03-2006, 03:09 PM
I mean, for crying out loud, can't we just use the usual Alt+mouse click to rotate the camera when in Camera view??? It already works for the Perspective view :shrug:

*or am I suppose to change a setting somewhere to do that? Lemme know.

You have to use the KEYCOMMAND MANAGER (CUSTOMIZE TAB) to do this

I have the same shortcut than Lightwave and modo it's so easy :)

CTRL+ALT : Zoom
SHIFT+ALT : Pan
ALT : Rotate View

Phil

shadowfork
01-03-2006, 05:12 PM
You have to use the KEYCOMMAND MANAGER (CUSTOMIZE TAB) to do this

I have the same shortcut than Lightwave and modo it's so easy :)

CTRL+ALT : Zoom
SHIFT+ALT : Pan
ALT : Rotate View

Phil

Woo hoo! Thanks man!

CGTalk Moderation
01-03-2006, 05:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.