is a great way to kick off learning and inspiration in the new year. Our
speakers include some artists from the Gnomon Workshop library -- and some
new faces as well -- presenting on subjects including creature design,
Photoshop, Painter 9, Shake, concept design and poly modeling. We're also
featuring the return of the recruiting room, where you'll get a chance to
meet some highly accomplished artists and recruiters who will look at your
portfolios, answer your questions, and maybe even become the next step on
your career path.

The Gnomon Workshop Live (http://www.thegnomonworkshop.com/weekend_workshop2.html)

Thanks to many of the users here, our last workshop Sold Out well in advance so order tickets early. In addition, stay tuned to this thread to find out updates on ticket giveaways for the event.

aesir
01-02-2006, 09:56 PM
arg! You increased the price on me!!

Probably a bit too rich for my student blood now :) Still... I would really love to see sparth in action...

cerreto
01-02-2006, 10:43 PM
duplicate text

cerreto
01-02-2006, 10:44 PM
I remember lunch being to rich for my blood when I was a student which is why lunch and entertainment is covered in your ticket price ;) Joking aside the Instructor list for the Workshops will never be the same; therefore adjusting ticket prices to cover cost accordingly is unavoidable.

Try to make it out if you can, just sell that outdated 1 month old I pod for 50$ ;)

Trav

sphere
01-12-2006, 03:08 AM
Hmm.. bit much for me to get over there for the event :shrug:

Sounds great though and I wish I could be there!

seven6ty
01-12-2006, 03:13 AM
I'm really interested in Puddnhead's presentation, I don't suppose he ever teaches classes at Gnomon or any where in So Cal, would you know?

MauF
01-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Arrghhhh this one looks so promising!!! if only airplane tickets would drop a bit, I'd definately go. But I don't think so... Last one was incredible though, check this one out if you guys can

baby
01-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Syd Mead first, as last time we went to his conference we all fall asleep.
And he's soo egocentric...or it's his age or he really has to learn a better attitude...
sure he's only coming to sell his books again ;(
I'de like to come if it was not so far...but I would arrive at 11h30 for sure !!!

yes I say it !

Maxko
01-12-2006, 11:14 AM
I wanna be there, BUT! ...it's so far for me :cry: :cry:
Also, I'm really interested in Puddnhead's presentation...

what about LIVE internet presentation? :deal:

Thanks,
Maxko

sebcesoir
01-12-2006, 12:42 PM
Sound really great... To bad I'm 50 millions miles away...!:shrug:

California turns into a super hot spot for cg indusrty...
Would love to meet Aaron sims, Taron...

zeme
01-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I wish I would be there, but I am so far and got no money.
That is part of the students lif that I really hate - being poor. :sad:

GatorNic
01-12-2006, 04:45 PM
Sounds really cool, I am thinking about going. Anybody here go to the first one and would like to offer up a review?

2xbo
01-12-2006, 05:14 PM
Hi. First i need to find a job :shrug: and may be we will see next Year at Gnomon School. :thumbsup:

I found really interesting this Oportunity for the people like me how are looking for a job, but you are so far far away.
Are you planing to come to Germany or Mexico? Let me know. I'm interested in your Work.

Cheers and good luck.

xbo

watermage
01-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Its a wee bit too far away for me...but thats a given. I would have really loved to attend though

(sigh) wishful thinking

SDIT
01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Students who complaint about spend this kind of money towards their career is ridiculous. Don't go partying 3 weekends and you can afford it. Specially if you live here in LA. Give me a break.

I went to the 1st one and I can verify that the workshops are definitely worth their price. Of course there were some kinks here and there, but I have to give it to the Gnomon staff for really listening to the suggestions and following up. I am sure this one will be just as good or better.

I think the webcast is a good suggestion for the future. They might have to figure out how to avoid piracy and what not. It's still good food for thought.

Best of luck with this one.

mauricio.

character
01-12-2006, 06:26 PM
hrmm, i went to the first one and i'll definitely be going to this next one. although the first day felt more like a pitch for the dvd's except for mayan's presentation, the second day was amazingly informative. i'm definitely looking forward to see the 2d guys in action.
and seven6ty, puddnhead teaches at gnomon, check out thier instructor page

edit: travis, any possibility of actually having a dim light on so that people can take down notes this time? cell phone light and battery only go so far

dtlarrybrown
01-12-2006, 07:00 PM
Really looking forward to attending this one! I attended the first one and loved it. I felt I came away with a stronger understanding of what required to be a successful 2D/3D artist. All the speaker were mindblowing and Gnomon really took care of us. Highly recommneded.

seven6ty
01-12-2006, 07:03 PM
Hey man, don't suppose you know a link to his Gnomon profile, do you? Or what his real name is? I looked, but couldn't find "Puddnhead" listed on their instructors page. Nerf.

mrgrundy
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
from reading the site $125 is the ticket price right? Econo Lodge seems like the right move to aswell. Seems like a good deal considering the other types of workshops that are offered. Luckily I got a free round trip ticket as a christmas bonus from my current job. hmmmm

MrPositive
01-12-2006, 09:17 PM
I'm really quite suprised this is not presented online for a cheaper price as well. Think of how much more money could be harnessed and the multitude of individuals who could view the presentations.

Segreto
01-12-2006, 11:46 PM
couldnt make it last time, so im really excited to be able to attend this one. im a poor student also, but i dont think i could afford to not go to this.

jporter313
01-13-2006, 12:16 AM
woohoo, I'm going, hopefully I can get some good reel advice, I feel so isolated from the CG community up here in Ashland.

Pixelcritter
01-13-2006, 07:21 AM
if only i lived in California. How bout some stuff up here in Canada! Ehh!! Or as someone else mentioned....how about a possible workshop streaming over the internet? :bounce:

RobW720
01-13-2006, 04:11 PM
if only i lived in California. How bout some stuff up here in Canada! Ehh!! Or as someone else mentioned....how about a possible workshop streaming over the internet? :bounce:

lets compromise. Put it in Minnesota. hold it near the mall of America. Tons of stuff for people to do there. lots of hotels to stay in, places to go, hell in a year we will have the nations biggest indoor water park just up the road from the mall.

ok, im done trying to sell my state.

Im' goin fishing

Ramon
01-15-2006, 01:15 AM
Any DVDs of the event classes planned?

mrgrundy
01-19-2006, 01:47 AM
So who else is planning to go, I just purchased my ticket today and booked a flight and I am very excited. Just wondering how many cgtalkers are planning to attend. cheers

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.