PDA

View Full Version : first animation

dandin
01-02-2006, 03:41 PM
hi there

this is the first work i post here and actually this is my first short animation thing ( i wouldn't go so far and call it a short film ). i have learned 3dsmax by myself and any critique will be more then welcome

there is a link to download the animation, hope you will enjoy it

--- the link will be back soon ---

cheers

lehmi
01-03-2006, 08:06 AM
looks cool! The lighting is convincing and fits the characters style.

I'd consider overworking the eyes though, looks as if he's stoned ;)

I really like he idea of letting this guy dance in such an abandoned building, but as you've stated above, the whole thing lacks a story.

Maybe you could make the guy find that place - make him climb up that thing, starting to dance and show how he's starting to go crazy with his imagination... like seeing fans and feeling like he's some sort of dance-god. Make the room dark, spotlight on him, and screaming crowd all around, then his fantasies are interrupted by something... like a police officer or something. What am i talking - you have to come up with a story ;)

and the quality of the scene definately deserves one!

dandin
01-03-2006, 12:29 PM
thanks for the post :)

yeah there isn't not too much story in this animation.

i actually have a storyboard for a short film, while this was suppose to be the main part of it, something similair to what you are suggesting, but my pc is workiing so bloody slow, so till i am not getting a new one i just had to do something my metal box could carry out.

dandin
01-06-2006, 10:21 AM
sorry for the inconvenience
but i have to remove this link cause my bandwith limit is about to exceed. i will post a new a link as soon as i get another host for this file.

any suggestions will be more then welcome :)

thnx

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2006, 10:21 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.