PDA

View Full Version : My character's stomache woes.advice needed

RenisanceX
01-02-2006, 09:44 AM
Adive for rigging stomach

So i have a realistic character .I plan to animate her and the scene requires alot of flipping and very acrobatic flexible movments think spiderman like if you will.My rig is fine and every area is weighted fine my problem however is the stomach region i want to have this area preserve its volume for such movemnt in a naturalistic way.
The standard xsi belly option was not working so i got rid of it.

How should i go about rigging for this area
how do you guys go about rigging this area
How do some of the professionals go about handling stomach usually?

JimPanse
01-02-2006, 12:59 PM
Hi,
you could either make some corrective shapes linked to the spine rotation or use a lot of spine segments.
The more bones your character has in his/her back the less pinching he/she will have in the upper body. And I wouldn’t make the skin weights too blurry.
I think the easiest is to use the XSI-spine rig with a lot vertebras and constrain that to a three- or four-bone FK-Spine (I am not a big fan of IK-spines).

There are probably many other solutions for your problem (fancy muclesimulation and things like that..), but I think my approach is relatively easy to make and should look nice.

Cheers

Thorsten

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2006, 12:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.