PDA

View Full Version : Computer Animation Studio Opens in Ontario

RobertoOrtiz
01-02-2006, 05:58 AM
QUOTE:
"The Computer Animation Studios of Ontario (CASO) has been formed to address the issues and opportunities of computer animation studios in Ontario. There are an estimated 50 studios in the Canadian province that produce computer animation and visual effects for feature films, television programs and television commercials. "

>>LINK<< (http://news.awn.com/index.php?ltype=top&newsitem_no=15751)

-R

Geta-Ve
01-02-2006, 07:29 PM
being that i live in ontario myself this is fantastic news! i wonder where abouts this is..

Silken Shadow
01-03-2006, 03:11 AM
I agree that this is fantasitic news (also being from Ontario) it also makes me wonder how it will be run and if there will be easy to search directory of studios. Not only would that be useful to the studios but those wishing to be hired by them as well.

enygma
01-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Would be nice if they included all of Canada rather than just Ontario.

pjr103
01-03-2006, 10:11 PM
I dunno, sounds great, however I have a small feeling that this wasn't set up to create a "better" work environment for employees. I'm hoping that it will generate more work here but then again, perhaps it will also work to keep salaries down between studios through cooperation between owners (not that the salaries here are in the least competitive in the first place). It makes me nervous seeing owners getting together as opposed to employees. I know I sound paranoid but I just get a funny feeling about it...call me crazy...please

ivanisavich
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM
Hmmm...well I used to live in Ontario....maybe now I'll move back :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-03-2006, 10:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.