PDA

View Full Version : Couple of Questions(Plz Help)

cg219
01-02-2006, 01:46 AM
Hi IM having some problems.

1) I got a new tablet recently and I used the program it came with, PhotoImpact, and my pen works fine in it. But when I try to use it in Photoshop, It works as if it was the mouse. No matter how hard or light I press I get the same result. Its suppose to show less pressure and so on. SO I looked up the help file and it said to change in the brushes to Pen Pressure. I did that but its still acting the same way. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this??

2) Well this isnt much of a problem, but I know, when Im using Photoshop, it makes a huge file on the C Drive. I want to know how can I stop Photoshop from making this file or how can I change where Photoshop puts the file, because my C Drive is very small, I only use it to put the OS on and stuff like that. Any clues???

Thanks

Nomi-Graphics
01-02-2006, 03:46 AM
Hi IM having some problems.

1) I got a new tablet recently and I used the program it came with, PhotoImpact, and my pen works fine in it. But when I try to use it in Photoshop, It works as if it was the mouse. No matter how hard or light I press I get the same result. Its suppose to show less pressure and so on. SO I looked up the help file and it said to change in the brushes to Pen Pressure. I did that but its still acting the same way. Can anyone tell me how I can fix this??

2) Well this isnt much of a problem, but I know, when Im using Photoshop, it makes a huge file on the C Drive. I want to know how can I stop Photoshop from making this file or how can I change where Photoshop puts the file, because my C Drive is very small, I only use it to put the OS on and stuff like that. Any clues???

Thanks

1 - Can be found in the helpfile

Set brush sensitivity if you are using a pressure-sensitive digitizing tablet, such as the Wacom® tablet.

Select the Brush tool , the Pencil tool , or other painting tool in the toolbox.
Click the Brushes tab to bring the Brushes palette to the front or, if the palette isn’t open, choose Window > Brushes.

To make the tool tip size change with pressure, select Shape Dynamics (be sure to click the word, not just the check box) in the Brushes palette. Then choose Pen Pressure from the Controls menu under the Size Jitter slider control.

To make the opacity change with pressure, select Other Dynamics. Then choose Pen Pressure from the Controls menu under the Opacity Jitter slider control.

Note: You can set pen pressure for other brush characteristics as well. The Brush palette contains controls that vary the angle, flow, scatter, texture depth, and roundness of the stroke according to pen pressure.

2 - Edit, Preferences, Plugins & Scratch Disks. Change the Scratch Disk settings to your other hard drive.

- Noel

cg219
01-02-2006, 03:53 AM
THanks, for the help, but the problem was, I did what the help file did, and its still not working. It works in other programs, so Im sure it has to be another setting I have to change.

cg219
01-02-2006, 06:30 PM
Anyone have clue why the Pen Pressure setting isnt working???

Also theres a caution sign next to it when I set it to Pen Pressure.

Any ideas??

Ian Jones
01-03-2006, 05:13 AM
Have you had a look in your Wacom driver settings? perhaps something is amiss. found in control panel.

vi2section
01-05-2006, 04:39 AM
I had the same problem for a long time with my Wacom, turns out the drivers that came with my tablet hadn't been installed correctly and were a wee bit out of date. I'm afraid I don't remember where I got the new ones from, but hopefully that at least gets you on the right track. Unfortunately, even after fixing the drivers my tablet still stops working like a tablet on occasion, and I have to restart photoshop or even my computer- I don't understand the why, just that it helps.

Whipyo
01-07-2006, 09:30 AM
Have you got the 'Pen Pressure' setting enabled in your brush settings?

EDIT: Whoops Nomi Graphics...didn't read your post very well - you already covered this. Silly me!

CGTalk Moderation
01-07-2006, 09:30 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.