PDA

View Full Version : Bunny ear rigging

Bruna
01-01-2006, 03:21 PM
Hi guys,
I'm going to start rigging a character I've modeled, it's a rabbit with long ears and the ears are supposed to be very flexible, the bunny will probably use them help him jump, wrap around himself, etc. Does anybody know of a tutorial that can help me with the rigging?
I've attached the file of the bunny 2D and 3D.
I'm using Maya 7.0
Thanx in advance!
Happy 2006!

eek
01-04-2006, 12:51 PM
Hi Bruna,

I sent you a PM, about fk driven ik, basically an ik chain for each bone joint then a control shape hierachy for these ik handles. This way you can essentially glue it to things, i did it for a tail and it worked well. Its also generic enough to work in pretty much any package - as im more of a max with a slice of maya kinda guy hehe

eek

skellybobbly
01-04-2006, 01:08 PM
Hi Eek,

I'd be interested in hearing more about this setup.
Any chance you could send me some info too?

Cheers

Jon

eek
01-04-2006, 01:15 PM
Yep, ill fire over the same pm i sent to Bruna. I'try this week to post up a really quick tut on it with a tail - its very easy but seems to work.

eek

foane
01-04-2006, 04:12 PM
makes me think about setting up a spline shape in the ears (with various points) and assigning a spline Ik control modifier. then skin to either the spline itself or the created dummies.
looking forward to that tutorial eek,

Foane

Bruna
01-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Tks for answering eek! I'm getting a new computer this week, and I'll try it out then!
Xoxo

CGTalk Moderation
01-05-2006, 09:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.