PDA

View Full Version : PS - not loading

zman
01-01-2006, 08:45 AM
What a nice way to start up the new year ..
I come today to my comp at work and try to launch PS CS1 (the same ps I've been working with for the past half year here)
Its starts loading just fine until it gets to "loading text globals" and then it stops ...
what do I do ? I cant reinstall it right now, any other solutions ?

leigh
01-01-2006, 09:55 AM
This may seem like a stupid question... but why can't you reinstall it? If that happened to me, I'd try reinstalling it. The only tricky thing is that you may have problems activating a fresh installation if you haven't de-activated the currently installed one.

Perhaps you should try contacting Adobe support.

zman
01-01-2006, 12:15 PM
well
cause I'm currently working in a rather small place and the boss (who has the cd and all the required stuff) is away.
There's something I gotta finish in the next few days ...
looks like I'll be doing all the ps stuff on someone elses computer :\

-edit-
hmmm
after half a day of work here, I come to open PS on my comp and it opens fine now :hmm:
wierd

Cocefi
01-01-2006, 03:25 PM
Glad that you've got it working again. :)

That happened to my office CS1 a few times... the loading just stops at "loading text globals" stage. I fix it by deleting the CS1 preference/config file and let it generate a new one by running Photoshop again after that... but you'll lose all your preferences that you've previously set.

BlueFlare
01-01-2006, 06:40 PM
Glad that you've got it working again. :)
I fix it by deleting the CS1 preference/config file and let it generate a new one by running Photoshop again after that... but you'll lose all your preferences that you've previously set.You can do that by holing down Ctrl+Alt+Shift (Command+Option+Shift on the Mac) while starting Photoshop, but like Cocefi said, you'll lose all your preferences.

Btw, these are the locations of your preference file in Windows:

CS : C:\Documents and Settings\'user'\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\8.0\Adobe Photoshop CS Settings

CS2: C:\Documents and Settings\'user'\Application Data\Adobe\Photoshop\9.0\Adobe Photoshop CS2 Settings

... just in case you want to backup your preference file (Adobe Photoshop CS(2) Prefs.psp) first.

CGTalk Moderation
01-01-2006, 06:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.