PDA

View Full Version : How to setup this Max' shader in C4D/FR ?

vbvcvj
01-01-2006, 05:29 AM
There's a mix curve option in Max' falloff shader, but I can't find any counterpart in C4D's channel shader gradient and fresnel, so how to setup a shader like this one in C4D, and is there a simple way to do this in FR2 ?

Srek
01-01-2006, 11:29 AM
Colorizer should do the trick
Cheers
Björn

AdamT
01-01-2006, 02:38 PM
If I understand the screencap you should be able to duplicate it with fresnel. You're just using a gradient in place of the spline. If not, can you post a render showing what the shader is supposed to look like?

Ernest Burden
01-01-2006, 05:02 PM
can you post a render showing what the shader is supposed to look like?

Its always best to say or show what you're trying to do. That way we can all think more broadly than one tight question.

Per-Anders
01-01-2006, 10:59 PM
try clicking the little arrow next to the gradient gadget in c4d, this will give you access to all the interpolation controls etc for the gradients knots. i find it easier to just use a gradient rather than a spline trying to pretend to be a gradient (in max), another hint is you can with certain interpolation modes move the diamond markers in c4d on the gradient, these are effectively the handles for the falloff.

ThirdEye
01-01-2006, 11:31 PM
Also you can rightclick the gradient and choose "show subchannels" to get more properties

CGTalk Moderation
01-01-2006, 11:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.