PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody explain me pls?!

pimeto
12-30-2005, 07:13 PM
the game The Matrix Path Of Neo needs like 6-GIGAbytes of disk space ???
what the hell is filling theese 6gb with ? :argh:

and why a game like Earth (i dont remember the number) is like 1 or 2 cd only, and has a realy quality grapfics ?

maul
12-30-2005, 07:32 PM
i think this i s a little bit offtopic.. anyways thats maybe cause the game world is big??

ChimpanG
12-30-2005, 07:43 PM
video?
i remember seeing screenshots of this game and the textures looked like 128s so it cant be textures i dont think

pimeto
12-30-2005, 07:49 PM
http://www.ggmania.com/showpic.php3?screenshots=/05/oct/matrixign&picture=matrix03.jpg&pokec=20070

here some screenshots... its not the hight end grapfics and effects ?!
what they put in these GIGAbytes ? sound ? or what ?

Omita
12-30-2005, 08:07 PM
I guess its lots of stuff... I bet everything... it is a MM game. So you have the entire Matrix Universe in that 6Gigs. City of Hero's and other MMORPG's make you download content in different ways.
I guess it could fit on a DVD so it might not be that huge.

nibbuls
12-31-2005, 06:41 AM
Path of Neo isn't MM. :}

In fact, it looks (and plays) like it was made more than 5 years ago.

ill_logic
12-31-2005, 06:51 AM
short answer? THE matrix

-J

mindrot
12-31-2005, 11:08 AM
It's most likey all the FMV from the films....

XepptizZ
12-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Path of Neo isn't MM. :}

In fact, it looks (and plays) like it was made more than 5 years ago.

Agreed, it looked low-poly and it had some animation errors from the screenshots.

nibbuls
12-31-2005, 04:25 PM
I think those shots were released by the PR department (Not sure, though), to show off the best looking parts of the game. Shame they still looked terrible. :shrug:

Confracto
12-31-2005, 06:41 PM
all I know about path of neo is that it's the only ps2 game that can use normal mapping.
so I imagine that a lot of the game's power goes into displaying dx9 stuff on a dx8 console.
beyond that, I've not touched it. so oh well.
but yeah, all the extra maps would add a lot to the space, especially when every character in the movie has 5 different costumes, all with a few megs of textures....

dimi16
12-31-2005, 10:35 PM
it goes into the time bending and the physics.. but mostly into the fact that there are 2 modes when its 1 and 0's and when its not.... also ehat every1 else said about costumes and such

thats what me supposes

amato
01-01-2006, 09:35 AM
all I know about path of neo is that it's the only ps2 game that can use normal mapping.

Path of the Neo PC don't use normal mapping :love:
It looks low-poly than Max Payne II :banghead:

the rookie
01-02-2006, 12:54 AM
It looks like there is some normal mapping and look at the lighting in there, if this game has all the scenes from the movie in real time (note the path of Neo), not sure how long the game actually is, but there is alot of stuff in there, the camera thing seems to be a issue, the programming code on this seems that it would be heavy by itself looking at the images, it's seems to be up above HL2, and the AI has to be a factor as well, if they're sticking to the movie or movies you can definetley tell why the heavy load and if it has movie clips, If you got it for the PC look at the file, I can do it with GTA III and look at everything, it seems they have dynamic lighting in it even thoe it may be older than other games

Steve Bernstein
01-02-2006, 02:08 AM
just because it need 6 gb or whatever doesnt mean it takes that much they just need extra space for the install, it should only take up 2 or 3 gb at the most although thats still a lot for that game

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2006, 02:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.