PDA

View Full Version : C4D Sketch&Toon effect in XSI?

evo_supra
12-29-2005, 07:31 PM
I would like to know if its possible to do the same effect (S&T) in XSI. I know about the Toon ink lens, but i would like to outline my objects with a different looking medium.

Instead of the usual neat outlines, does XSI have other options to make it look sketchy and rough, alot like a hand-drawn design?

One example that caught my attention is from a Psyop Honda advert. Im not sure if they use XSI but the effect is still awesome. :cool:

SheepFactory
12-29-2005, 07:40 PM
Yes they use xsi.

You can always render the outline as its own pass and play with it in a compositor , you are not limited with what you can do in the software.

tuna
12-29-2005, 08:09 PM
What, like this? http://www.puppetstring.com/tournament/teapot7.jpg

Nah... ;)

Just play with the toon ink lens settings, and try using Ambient occlusion as well for some simple pencil like shaded effects.

For more control, sheep has the right idea.. Rendering off as passes and compositing them will let you do a whole lot.

[edit] best thing about hand drawn NPR stuff is that you can turn down the sampling levels and it looks better not to mention render much quicker.

alona
12-29-2005, 10:29 PM
Try this:

http://www.markval.com/blog/2005/11/tutorial_1_3d_toon_on_paper.html#more

It combines XSI with AE with excellent results and very fast render times.

AA

Sbowling
12-30-2005, 01:37 AM
Yes they use xsi.

You can always render the outline as its own pass and play with it in a compositor , you are not limited with what you can do in the software.

Passes Rock! :thumbsup: I put off learning to use them because they sounded complicated, but they are real easy to use and can save you tons of render time if you only need to tweak one object in a big scene.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2005, 01:37 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.