PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing Photoshop, as a student... how do I upgrade for a commercial copy??

Sagii
12-29-2005, 05:35 PM
Hello, I am a student, well soon I wont be a student anymore. And I want to purchase the creative suite bundle. The price between the commerical bundle and the student bundle is significant. I want to buy it so I can practice outside of school (i graduate real soon)... but I also would like to be able to do some freelance work in the future.

If I buy the software as a student when I am no longer a student can I ever use if for commerical purposes? I am assuming I cant and I would have to upgrade to a commercial version. I have no interest in cracked versions or doing anything illegal since I find it wrong and unproffessional. My real question is:

Would I save money if I buy the student bundle and later (when I start freelancing) upgrade to a proffesional bundle, or should I just buy the proffesional bundle straight off the bat? I was just wondeirng if any of you has had a similiar situtaion. Thank you.

BeckyWC
12-29-2005, 10:45 PM
I purchased the creative suite1 as a student and just upgraded to regular when cs2 came out with just buying the upgrade from cs1. The student software is the same as regular. You should have no problems later upgrading.

Sagii
12-29-2005, 11:58 PM
thanks beckie. I know I should be able to upgrade from cs1 to cs2, my question is what do I need to do in order to convert my student version into a commericial version.

halo
12-30-2005, 10:23 AM
adobe customer services :)

Sagii
12-30-2005, 12:44 PM
yeah u are right... i just hate holding on the phone for hours...:D

levi
12-30-2005, 01:34 PM
My son went through this recently, and had to only pay the upgrade price.

Sagii
01-06-2006, 04:43 AM
I GOT THE ANSWER!

I went to the adobe website again and after doing many searches I found their FAQ and that was one of the questions.

If you are a student you can buy any adobe title at the education price. Adobe does not limit if you use the software to learn and/or to use it for commercial purposes while at school and when you graduate.

http://www.adobe.com/education/purchasing/faq.html

CGTalk Moderation
01-06-2006, 04:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.