PDA

View Full Version : proplem in photoshop .. any one help

silent_mode
12-29-2005, 01:30 PM
hi ...

this is my 1st thread to me in da Cgtalk .. and im working as graphic designer ...
really i thought im a Desginer or at least can deal with Adope Photoshop in prof. way ..

but i guess i was totaly 10000000000 % wrong ...

after a 1/2 hour checkin this site i become sure that im still dump and still child in graphic ...

do you got the feel when you find yourself a little tiny dwarf btwen Hugee gaints ...
any way im happy to be here in i will try to be something :shrug: in Desiging ...

then ....

i have a little proplem with photoshop cs .. it won't open a PSD file and it said some thing about the font layer
the massege exactly said " could not complate your request because the layer is not vaild text layer "

im sorry i know it shouden't ask something like this here but i guess you may face the proplem b4 ,...

thanx

roguenroll
12-30-2005, 04:28 PM
sounds like the font used in your psd is not on your system, usually it will open and you have the choice to update it to a standard font on your system.

If it doesnt open, seems corrupt, sorry don't know.

I do have Xp, (long shot) but I ve had my permissions set wrong for the doc, and it didnt open, but I switch hardrives so you may not have that problem.

Neil
12-30-2005, 06:41 PM
Fonts are not imbedded in PS files.
So if you use Font_XY and then go to the next computer and open it and if Font_XY isn't installed on that machine then you will have problems.
You can always copy/send the font (small file size) with the file, or just flatten the text layer. But flattening the layer will not allow you to make any typing changes to the text in the future.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2005, 06:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.