PDA

View Full Version : Nissan and Microsoft Create Video Game Car

RobertoOrtiz
12-29-2005, 01:54 AM
QUOTE:
"
Nissan and Microsoft have partnered to show that they can deliver as much impotent grandeur as any other auto/software maker duo.

The vendors this week announced that they will unveil the first "fully integrated gaming system within a vehicle."

At this point, you're probably thinking, "Come on, we've all seen a Playstation packed Escalade." And that's true enough.

What you probably haven't seen is a car that is the video game console.

"Conceived by Nissan Design America Inc. (NDA) and equipped with the Xbox 360 next-generation video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, the Nissan URGE concept car allows drivers (while parked) to play 'Project Gotham Racing 3' using the car's own steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal while viewing the game on a flip-down seven-inch LCD screen," Nissan and Microsoft said in a statement."

>>LINK<< (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12/28/microsoft_nissan_urge/)

-R

JeroenDStout
12-29-2005, 02:22 AM
This just feels wrong :argh:

TumikSmacker
12-29-2005, 02:52 AM
Add this to the list along side yelling out the window 'hey baby!!' on how to pick up girls quick :P

I can't believe this is real

JeroenDStout
12-29-2005, 02:55 AM
"Woah, chick, wanna play a game in my car- ..yo?"

StoneWalker
12-29-2005, 02:56 AM
"...the Nissan URGE concept car allows drivers (while parked) to play 'Project Gotham Racing 3' using the car's own steering wheel, gas pedal and brake pedal while viewing the game on a flip-down seven-inch LCD screen," Nissan and Microsoft said in a statement."

Hopefully whoever buys this car doesn't actually have a Drivers Liscense :argh:

SheepFactory
12-29-2005, 03:29 AM
I was expecting to see "From the same people who brought you NGAGE!" somewhere.

jcorpe
12-29-2005, 05:37 AM
This sounds more like a Nintendo Revolution controller to me.

Para
12-29-2005, 06:52 AM
Somehow the only games I can imagine which would work in this concept would be Carmageddon and Grand Theft Auto... :p

PhantomDesign
12-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey, I need the car for work! I'm going to be late!

Hold on, I'm almost done with this race!

DrFx
12-29-2005, 08:22 AM
QUOTE:
"they can deliver as much impotent grandeur as any other auto/software maker duo."

Isn't that a contradiction? :)

And would we want to have anybody that's just been psyched off PGR to drive for real right away?!?:eek:

Post_Ill
12-29-2005, 08:51 AM
http://img453.imageshack.us/img453/4359/untitled18li.jpg

Picture/setup by Real_firefly from www.lfsforum.com (http://www.lfsforum.com) :)
(http://www.lfsforum.net/member.php?u=68362)

Nichod
12-29-2005, 08:53 AM
Really I don't think its that awful. People have gaming systems in their cars, why not intergrate it more with the actual car. A 7 in. screen seems much to small though. I suppose it depends upon where the rearview mirror is positioned and if it can be repositioned from its normal location for game play.

P_T
12-29-2005, 03:05 PM
man.. that'll prolly stuff the steering wheel's alignment up after a couple of weeks.

Wickster
12-30-2005, 07:15 AM
I wonder what will happen if you get the BSOD while driving 80MPH on the freeway.

cgtalkiest
12-30-2005, 01:51 PM
thats bloody crazy isnt it? i mean, wouldnt u be scared that ur flooding ur engine, while ur using the same gas peddle to play games? or wearing out ur brakes, or clutch?? what a stress on the clutch for no real reason....

its a pretty damn stupid waste of money.... unless you look at the flipside... they are saying you can park up in new york somewhere, and then play the same course in your virtual world, 'blurring the lines of reality'.... now this part is true... and would be interesting to experience. I am all for research into virtual reality, but im not sure this was really worth it...

well at least people out there are willing to spend there money just out of curiosity... its always good to see the results for free. :)

xino
12-31-2005, 05:43 AM
thats bloody crazy isnt it? i mean, wouldnt u be scared that ur flooding ur engine, while ur using the same gas peddle to play games? or wearing out ur brakes, or clutch?? what a stress on the clutch for no real reason....

I thought that too.

Apparently they have some "new" device which stops clutch wear & tear, brake-line clogging, and flooding the engine with gas. They just don't want to update the rest of the world with this new great technology. ;)

CGTalk Moderation
12-31-2005, 05:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.