PDA

View Full Version : Need help, jeans in photoshop.

th3dark0ne
12-28-2005, 07:17 PM
I'm trying to paint jeans in photoshop, i'm having problems getting the paint to look like a jean texture. Can you guys and gals give me some tips and pointers on this, My goal was to take a picture of someone i used one of my girlfriend and turn it into line art and then pratice painting just for experience, I'll post what i have so far and you can guys can also maybe suggest some other tips.

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7623/wip5rh.jpg

roguenroll
12-28-2005, 08:00 PM
hey, i wouldnt fight it, use a jeans texture. unless you want it all painterly. in that case, ive never done it, but could imagine that some of those cool filters could add some of the texture needed.

Jack Youngblood
12-30-2005, 11:05 PM
In my experience a simple flat texture is never enough for jeans.

When try to achieve things like this it is best to go to source.

Look at jeans... The most important things about the way that they look is that the colour is different (lighter) on edges, knees and anything else that gets stress. It is also darker away from those stressed areas (inside the edges of the stitched bits).

Dont know if I have explained it well but like I say... look at jeans.

Luck

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2005, 11:05 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.