PDA

View Full Version : no notification mails

Mu
12-28-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi,

I am currently missing my notification mails for my subscribed threads...i.e. I don't get any.

Does anyone know what could be the reason for this?

Mu
12-28-2005, 12:55 PM
just checked my usercp again: I have 132 subscribed threads - all of which are set to instant notification.

Still, I get no mails....

tech mods?

*searched the light switch - steps echo in the dark*

hello?

:D

leigh
12-28-2005, 06:44 PM
What email address are you using? Please note that many email providers, especially free ones like Hotmail and Yahoo, tend to bounce/trash emails from forums like this. Also, and this may be a stupid question, are you sure that the threads you're subscribed to are actually getting replies?

Mu
12-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Hi Leigh,

thanks for reading this.

The threads do get replies.

My mail-provider does have a spam-blocker, but...

- it never blocked cgsociety mails. I had notifications running well for several weeks (actually since I joined)

- no cgsociety mails were classified as spam and moved into a special spam directory where I could countercheck them (in order to prevent problems of this kind)...

It seems I just stopped getting those mail notifications, which is really troubling me, because I could quickly decide which replies were interesting for me and jump right into the thread.

So..., do you have any chance to check what's going on?

thanks for your time!

leigh
12-29-2005, 05:18 AM
Hmmm weird. To be honest, I have NO idea why you're not getting them! :sad:

Mu
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
:cry:

still no mails...

maybe if I set all of the threads to another notification status and then back to instant?

EDIT
09.01.2006 - for the sake of completeness and if someone experiences similar problems:
I unsubscribed from all the threads and started subsribing from scratch. Shortly after all the mails poured in - about 120 or so, from all the old and in the meantime unsubscribed threads and with three or four days delay.
However, it seems that my unsubscribing coincided with another tech support countermeasure (thanks again, guys). So, I don't really know what actually did the job...

The reason for the delay is not really clear, but I do receive mail now... that's all that matters:scream:

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2005, 01:23 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.