PDA

View Full Version : How do I make my points like these? Just curious...

ChillWill Graphix
12-28-2005, 02:06 AM
Hey guys,

I'm working through a tutorial and thought that it would be cool to make my points look like this, but have been unable to figure it out yet. I saw somebody else using points like these yesterday, but didn't think to ask them how they did it. Is there a plug-in that I need or something? Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!

Later and Happy Holidays,

Mike

P.S. These points are from Dan Ablan's Inside LW 7 Book.

Werner
12-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Have a look under the "Display options" in Modeler. Under the "Interface" tab you will find a "Simple Wireframe Points" option. Tick this and change the size to something a bit bigger than the deafault.
Remember that the points must be selected to show the bright yellow points

have a great day

ChillWill Graphix
12-28-2005, 01:41 PM
Thanks a lot, but still not doing what I want it to do. I tried what you said and don't really see what it did - other than allow me make the points bigger or smaller. I was still unable to make them open as in the attached pic. Should I be getting different results?

Happy Holidays, Mike

Brainsells
12-28-2005, 07:36 PM
I opened modeler 7.5 and my points look like that. Maybe they changed for 8 (if that's what you are using)?

brtk
12-28-2005, 07:49 PM
I don't have LW here but it looks like points with Simple Points set to off and visibility set to off.

ChillWill Graphix
12-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Yeah - I've got LW 8 and I can't get my points to look like this :-(

Later - Mike
P.S. Calling Dan "Insider" Ablan...

geothefaust
12-29-2005, 02:26 AM
I don't have LW here but it looks like points with Simple Points set to off and visibility set to off.

Hello ChillWill.

I am pretty sure what you are trying to do, is explained by the quote above, by brtk.

ChillWill Graphix
12-29-2005, 02:34 PM
That doesn't work for me...

Later - Mike

P.S. Did you try it?

meatycheesyboy
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
That doesn't work for me...

Later - Mike

P.S. Did you try it?

Doesn't work for me, I think its just a differnece between 8 and 7.

CGTalk Moderation
12-29-2005, 05:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.