PDA

View Full Version : Game Art - Sea Monster

WhiteBlaizer
12-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Long time no post here :D

This is a low poly model i finished yesterday, two days of work. One day for the modelling, uvw mapping and rigging and the second day for texturing. I did this for breaking the monotony, i'm dedicated now with 2d only.

Traditional low poly model, 2250 tris and a 1024x1024 texture. The original texture is 2800x2800 and painted in painter :)

Hope you like it, C&C are welcome as always.

http://usuarios.lycos.es/blaizer/foros/houler.jpg

happy new year!

ChimpanG
12-27-2005, 12:37 PM
That is fantastic, has a real Godzilla feel to it.
Lovng your colour pallette too, top work man.
Can we see a texture sheet and a wire?
Anyways 5 stars from me

retardedmonkey
12-27-2005, 02:33 PM
M0deling and texturing look amazing! The only thing is there is really nothing on him that would make me think he is a sea monster. I dont know if you are willing to change him around about, but maybe webbed hands or something...other than that its great :thumbsup:

DeathByChris
12-27-2005, 04:34 PM
let us see the texture maps plz.

jfalconer
12-27-2005, 04:50 PM
as usual, friggin awesome, deserves front page. I'd love to see your 2d stuff 2. :love:

rasmusW
12-27-2005, 05:58 PM
hey WhiteBlaizer!

-love it. great model and the colors are cool too.
is it posible that you got a bigger pict or close-ups of it?, cuz i would really to see the texture a bit closer.
i actually just got one crit/suggestion for you. like retardedmonkey said, it's actually got nothing, that shows it is a seamonster, no gils or fins. i think you should give him some of that.
oh! any chance of a little wire pict? :)

would like to see more of this...

antodonnell
12-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Cool design, I agree could be more marine life like, but he s still cool, I m impressed thats quality work for two days. I only hope to be that quick and good. :cry:

Gaboon
12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
Good job. Like the color palette and design. Texture is awesome. :)

WhiteBlaizer
12-29-2005, 09:28 AM
thanks a lot for all your comments guys.

Yes, too many of you have reason that it is not properly a sea monster, i didn't know how to call it so i put an easy name hehe. It's more like an sea iguana of galapagos and not the tipical hollywood sea monster :P.

You can see a fragment of the texture sheet, a wire and a detail of the face area in this thread: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=2941775#post2941775
hope this help someone :D

Again, thanks a lot for all your comments, i really apreciate them.

Have nice holidays and happy new year :D

MassiveOverHual
12-29-2005, 04:07 PM
Doesnt look like it build for the ocean but it does give off the feeling that he would make a great Hulk villian

rasmusW
12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
thanks for the close-ups, alberto!
the facials looked good aswell. didn't wanna put my little fingers in that mouth:D

[QUOTE=WhiteBlaizer]thanks a lot for all your comments guys.

Yes, too many of you have reason that it is not properly a sea monster, i didn't know how to call it so i put an easy name hehe. It's more like an sea iguana of galapagos and not the tipical hollywood sea monster :P.

-well, thats explains it...

happy new year, to you too!

Psyk0
12-30-2005, 05:49 AM
Awesome piece!...just a thought, but do you plan on giving him some reptilian skin (like his jaw)? or maybe ur staying away from that cliché? Still gets my :thumbsup:

Omita
12-30-2005, 07:33 PM
Very nice.

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2005, 07:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.