PDA

View Full Version : help with tank treads?

ill_logic
12-27-2005, 02:54 AM
hi all. i needed a bit of help & was hoping this was the place to ask it.
i'm working on a big mofo space shuttle style crawler thing for the juggernaut vehicle competition going on right now (for those interested here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=300318) it is).
i'd really like to animate a little snippet of this thing moving along an environment for a beauty shot but mainly for demo reel reasons. i wanted to shy away from just wrapping some flat polys around it & animating the texture like a belt, because i figured it'd take away from the size of the thing. someone was really helpful & suggested a motion path & i tried that. i got one tread to work just fine, banking with the curves correctly & everything. but that's the problem, i can only seem to just get the one tread. i can't get it to work the way i want it to. how can i attach more than one thing to the motion path? or if anyone has any other suggestions on how to animate it, i'd also appreciate hearing them too. thanks!

-J

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2005, 02:54 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.