PDA

View Full Version : Freehanding in PS

th3dark0ne
12-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Just curious how many of the artist on in this forum freehand everything with the mouse, i have problems either keeping my hand steady or drawing uneven lines. I know its just a user preference thing but I'm just curious whether most people use the pen tool to draw lines or freehand.

Also I'm curious about getting a USB Tablet to work with PS, any suggestions? and how well does a USB Tablet work with PS.

All replys and comments will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Jack Youngblood
12-27-2005, 05:19 PM
Wacom tablet + PhotoShop = marriage made in heaven.

You will never be able to draw well with a mouse. No one can.

th3dark0ne
12-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Jack Youngblood, Its good to hear thats its not just me who can't freehand with a mouse. I have been looking at the Wacom Graphire 4 , just one question about that, is 4X5 too small to work with or should I try 6X8?

Pinoy McGee
12-28-2005, 05:13 AM

:)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=234058&highlight=thailand

powerwave3d
12-28-2005, 11:22 AM
There's always exceptions.

However, unless it's just not possible money wise, it's totally counter-productive to use a mouse over a tablet when it comes to sketching. I imagine someone who uses a mouse like that will have some bad wrist problems later in life...

As far as the size of the tablet. Personally, I feel the 6x8 is the perfect size. Unless you draw/paint in long sweeping strokes the larger sizes are a waste IMO. I had a 12x12 and the thing was just too darn big. I have 2 6x8's and am very happy with them. Never used the 4x5, but personally, I think it might be too small, for me anyways.

sumpm1
12-30-2005, 07:46 AM
I have a 4 x 5 and it suits me quite well

mugener
12-30-2005, 07:51 AM
If you want to work seriously on drawing with PS, you MUST have an tablet.

Draw with mouse is just for fun and can't take you anywhere.

leigh
12-30-2005, 08:10 AM

I still paint a lot, if not most, of my stuff with a mouse. I only use my Wacom when I have to do very intricate, precise curved lines. Our matte painter at work does EVERYTHING with his mouse, and I'd say he's done very well for himself. So of course people can paint with a mouse.

Nazirull
12-30-2005, 09:10 AM
There you go guys....:D

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2005, 09:10 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.