PDA

View Full Version : Spielberg to direct live action Tintin

Array
11-26-2002, 10:22 AM
http://www.marlinspike.org/

-JT-
11-26-2002, 03:06 PM
I read he was only producing the project, anyway real tough job to bring to life Tintin (it's been done already).

TapioKa
11-28-2002, 07:16 AM
That could be really good. I love Herge! That was my childhood comic of choice!

However, I really dislike Hollywood's take on things, if it's a Hollywood production it could end up being really bad. Tintin never had a love interest in any of the stories. Please no "formula" applications!

The only Tintin movie I saw was "Tintin and the blue Oranges"
and it was ok, although maybe not the most interesting story.

I've heard that Spielberg had the rights to the animated cartoon version made by "Nelvana?" for several years now. Is this true?

Is it supposed to be a real life version or animated?

If he can keep the European 1930's flavour to it (like Indiana Jones) it could be potentially very enjoyable.

ilasolomon
11-29-2002, 10:27 PM
Seems he just thinks for more money, (& more fame?)
I have doubt he likes Tintin adventures! (but i know G. Lucas does)
I really hate that hollywood takes over my most favorite europian comic book heroes & make them stupid look guys playing sh*t. :annoyed: at least I can pray it would be a fine movie.
God bless Herge
Ila

PhilOsirus
11-30-2002, 03:33 AM
I have all the Tintin books, plus some old weird one set in Russia in black & white:surprised I recently went through I think Tintin goes to Africa, and when he is locked in the cab he uses a saw to cut the door and escape... but... where did you get that saw Tintin???:D But yeah it's a bit like Indiana Jones when you think about it. Capitaine Hadock better not be Robert DeNiro!

Valkyrien
11-30-2002, 05:14 AM
yay, let's see what Tintin looks like overexposed!!;):D:beer:

this can either be really good, or really really bad. Statisticly speaking it'll be the latter:(

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.