PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy Thread of Gunilla - 3D

Pages : [1] 2 3

Gunilla
12-26-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm very fascinated by old time anatomy/medical mannequin drawings and have for some time wished to try and do something like that in a more modern style.
The kind of images I'm thinking of was very popular in 1500-1600th century and often showed bodies in relaxed poses ripping off their own skin to show the muscles or inner organs.
A number of them can be found at these excellent resource sites:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/dreamanatomy/da_gallery.html
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/exhibition/historicalanatomies/home.html

I stumbled upon this one: I like the way she covers up her intimate parts while exposing all her inner organs ... her pose is also almost identical to that of Botticellis Venus, so this will be my main reference for the bodys pose

http://special.lib.gla.ac.uk/images/exhibitions/Bodyimages/Valverde_1.jpg

I also plan for this to be my first project ever with ZBrush - and have no clue as how I'm going to solve it yet. Just thought it wood be a good opportunity to try some new things

So, here is the very first step, placing some Zsperes, using Venus as a backdrop for some reference:

http://www.bitspin.net/tmp/start.jpg

My plan is to make a rough shape for the body and then fill it with as many organ as needed to make the impression I'm after.
Comments, Crits and Spam are welcome :)

Lemog
12-26-2005, 12:33 PM
Hey Gunie...

Your project is great and very original... I will to push you in this way...

I remember the first link you add... it was a very great inspiration when I've worked on the MachineFlesh challenge...
...this kind of ancient medical picture... and plastination... very insteresting too... that appear a little bit gore... but with some interest, you can have a real fascination for this... art.
http://www.bodyworlds.com/en/pages/home.asp
http://www.univie.ac.at/anatomie2/plastination.html

Now I've subscribe here... I could follow in real time the Zbrush course :thumbsup:

and the birth of something different, but full of interest... cheers dear, I love your project :applause:

Rebeccak
12-26-2005, 01:42 PM
Gunnie,

I'm a huge sucker for this kind of old world illustration, and I'm super excited to see what will happen with this project!

Do you know of the work of Alexander Tsiaras? He works in Max to bring to life medical concepts in a highly artistic fashion ~ given your interest in medical illustration work, I'm sure you would love him:

He has a book and website, "From Conception to Birth" ~ I was fortunate enough to catch his exhibit at one of the medical libraries here, but unfortunately missed the Dream Anatomy one, though have seen the awesome website...thanks for those links, as I had forgotten to add them to the Reference thread!

http://www.anatomicaltravel.com/CB_site/Conception_to_birth3.htm

You should also post your beautiful finished Spectacular piece here, as well as a link to your Spectacular thread...it would give people the chance to become familiar with your beautiful work, and understand your background. :)

Speaking of your background...do you want to tell us a little bit about your training and background here? :) That would be a great introduction for what is sure to be a great thread to follow! :bounce:

Great to see this Gunnie, and hope you had a great Christmas!!! :)

EDIT: Okay, you've been linked up here! (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showpost.php?p=2817397&postcount=12) :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Zapan
12-26-2005, 10:15 PM
YAYYYY !! :scream:

Great project Gunilla !! , this is gonna be huge for sure ... and...and I see Zspheres :
Come on , Come all ladies and gentlemen !!

Glad to see you on work :applause: , hope to see more soon.

Post scriptum spam : Hope you had a great time this week end :) lots of presents ? how's Muffen doing ?

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 07:55 AM
Good morning all!

Laurent - thanks for cheering on this project of mine, I hope it will be a good way to spend my holidays! I'm not surprised to see you have been threading the same paths with your machineflesh entry :)
The plastination thing is a bit barbaric, I was so surprised to hear that it actually is used today! It would be more in line with the wax cabinets of past days than modern exhibits I think - but as you say, fascinating in a weird way - thanks for the links!

Rebecca - Glad that you find this to be a suitable project for the Anatomy forum :bounce:
I hadn't heard of Alexander Tsiaras, and that site would have been priceless for me to find during the Challenge! Awesome work indeed.
I'll post my background and twins in the next post, thanks!

Zapan - Hi there, glad you found your way to this place, I'm counting on your spam :)
I had a good weekend but Muffen is not very happy with me, I left him alone for two days so now he's a bit grumpy ... I have to make up for it with lots of goodies and playing :scream:

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 08:12 AM
So, it seems like a good idea to do some sort of presentation of myself for those that doesn't know me yet. I've been practising different kinds of art for quite some time, from costume design to mosaic to still life painting in oil and more... My background and training is from the Fine Arts field which I loved doing, but at a point realised I could never make a living with... so I started to do animation and illustration instead. The last two years I've focused on medical and scientific visualisation - areas that I really like to work in and I hope to get good enough to get the good jobs in that field. When I was in college I spent most of the time with abstract stuff so to say I'm rusty with figurative work is to put it mild .. I hope to get a new start with that here!
A year ago I started to participate in the Challenges here, and that have given me so much in terms of learning new things and most important finding the way back to doing work of my own - I really love what I'm doing, just like the people I've got to know here :)

My image from the last challenge is quite representative of the style I'm going for - partly realistic and partly more "free"

http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/entries/11/7886/7886_1132760063_medium.jpg

My Challenge page (http://features.cgsociety.org/challenge/spectacular/view_entries.php?challenger=7886)

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 08:15 AM
So, the project continues:

I didn't have the patience to make a good starting point by using ZSpheres so I did a very simple mesh in Max instead, I've just imported it in ZB and will now try to sculpt it into somethong looking more like a body and less like a blob :)

http://www.bitspin.net/tmp/zb1.jpg

daWinky
12-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Good morning Gunilla!

Interesting project :thumbsup: * subscribing*...! I'm looking forward to see a Maxer's first steps in zBrush !

Hope you had a great time at Christmas and that Muffen will forgive you soon!:D

-sabrina

Lemog
12-27-2005, 08:38 AM
I didn't have the patience to make a good starting point by using ZSpheres
Morning Gunie... I don't know if it's the good solution to start... and yet do shortcuts :scream: hahaha... but I understand you well...
Just too much curious to see "all" the steps... "all ZB steps" :thumbsup:

daWinky
12-27-2005, 09:11 AM
A Maxer's first steps in zBrush: Closing the programm and modeling the whole thing in max...:D !

Reminds me of my own tests:bounce: ...May be we are really to unpatient! :shrug: But I'm looking forward to see the next steps!

-sabrina

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Haha, Sabrina, Lolo - I promise you then - I will make the hand in ZSpheres, OK? I really want to learn it, so no more shortcuts... :blush: It's a good way to practise patients as well :D

And Sabrina, great news about your new Wacom - so we will see your first steps with it here too? I don't want to be the only beginner here.

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 12:02 PM
Gunnie,

Very cool to hear about your background! :) Very cool stuff, and I wish you luck with the medical illustration ~ you should check out "Anatomy Thread of Redehlert" (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=297665) here ~ he's a medical illustrator (traditional) ~ great work as well! :thumbsup:

This thread looks like it will be fantastic, looking forward to your progress! :bounce:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 01:47 PM
Thanks Rebecca - some really cool stuff there, thanks for pointing it out. I've already started to spam him :) :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 01:54 PM
Thanks Rebecca - some really cool stuff there, thanks for pointing it out. I've already started to spam him :) :thumbsup:
By the way, Gunie, I was thinking this morning about what you said re: Alexander Tsiaras and how it would have helped you to know about him during the Challenge ~ it's funny, I guess I have to chalk it up to compartmentalized / contextual thinking ~ the Challenge was a whirl of just checking in on a bunch of threads to see what was going on, and I never even thought about Mr. Tsiaras' work in that context...in fact, your link to the 'Dream Anatomy' site jarred my memory, as I hadn't thought about his work in a while, though I would like to buy his book at some point ~ I wish I had thought about it back then, though! It's quite cool how interested you are in medical illustration / 3D work ~ you should check out this cool book, which I think you would really like:

"Encyclopaedia Anatomica - Museo La Specola Florence" - Taschen, publisher. Will try to find the link, but right now Amazon is showing some other book when I type in that title. :D

~Rebeccak

Lemog
12-27-2005, 02:07 PM
Agree with you, Redelhert is very talentuous... his traditional sketches are incredibles... :thumbsup:
(no spam... only my opinion :scream: hahaha)

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 02:12 PM
Lolo, Rebecca - how nice to have you here! :)

There's soming in ZB that I reall like - the possibility to work on different levels of polygons at the same time. Sometimes it's easier to correct a mistak on a more basic level.
Right now I'm working on her left arm ... looks very much like some kind of vegetable right now... any pointers as how I could solve it?

Comment: I'm planning to do just the torso here and only do the front ( have I said already that I'm lazy?)
The right lower arm and hand will be made as a separate object and added later

http://www.bitspin.net/tmp/subdivide.gif

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Gunie,

I've only used ZBrush in a limited capacity, but I don't think there's anything wrong with starting out in Max or whichever 3D package one uses before going into ZBrush :D ~ in fact, that's what it's designed to do, and it can make things a lot faster. :)

I think the main thing that I would say (as a novice at ZBrush, mind you) is to more fully sculpt your figure in Max first if that is the procedure which you wish to follow. ZSpheres have their limits, and once you start to pull things out / etc. for fingers / toes, it can be really tricky ~ so I recommend doing the equivalent of a low poly figure, with fingers / toes / all the major forms simplified as in a low~poly model in Max before bringing it into ZBrush to more fully detail / sculpt.

My suggestion is to draw on paper the basic box forms of the figure, and using the original image as Reference, as well as Anatomy images from books / online. Imagine what the major muscle forms would be simplified as in terms of cylinders and boxes, and perhaps sketch these out, just as you would do in any orthographic drawing. As you know from your extensive 3D experience, the more organized you are at the beginning, the better the result. :) Bear in mind this is all coming from someone with far less 3D experience than you, but I hope this is a little bit helpful. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Lemog
12-27-2005, 02:30 PM
Yes... it's maybe your basic max model which is too much simple... you can work intuitively in Zb... but you certainly must have precise reference to work better...
Very little experience in ZB for me... but with our traditional 3d methods, it's not very easy to find our marks, to modify easily proportions in this software. I'm okay with Beckie thoughts...

btw... I'm always speechless... this girl speak english very well and post so fast... incredible :scream: hahahaha

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 02:33 PM
btw... I'm always speechless... this girl speak english very well and post so fast... incredible :scream: hahahaha
I think both of you guys speak English well and post fast ~ :D ~ I'm always amazed by you Europeans who know 2 or more languages and go back and forth with ease. :D Wish I could do the same. :(

~Rk *language skills limited* :scream:

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 02:46 PM
Rebecca, Laurent - yes, thanks! I really need to work on the understanding of the shapes to make it work. I guess I'm just to eager to jump into the gory parts.
To draw the basics is a good advice and certainly I need more and better reference that the Botticelli for this.
I also think that's working only on the frontal part makes it more difficult - even if I plan to use it frontally... I probably start working on the backside as well.

This will be very much trial and error for me with finding a workflow in ZB. I had planned to do all the tutorials before getting started but couldn't stop myself from jumping into this ... no doubt I will discover more things I've made in the wrong way as I go - but hey, that's what holidays are for - right? :D

I have to say - I think you both are great speakers and fast posters regardless of language ;)

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 02:53 PM
Gunie,

I totally know what you mean...I did the same thing, where I tried to model a figure totally using ZSpheres, but I started with the head, and didn't get much beyond that point! My friend used one of Gnomon's DVDs for ZBrush, and he found it really useful. I know that the DVDs are far more expensive there than here in the US, but it might be a worthwhile investment, particularly since you have a strong interest in organic modeling, and ZBrush is the best package for that. :)

ZBrush also has this cool feature (I haven't used it, only seen it demonstrated) where you can map a photo directly onto the geometry and modify the image in Photoshop to better match the ZBrush model. It's pretty cool, and you can get away with a lot less modeling that way! :)

I know what you mean, though, it's so much more fun to dive in than to do the tuts...:) I've heard that the ZBrush Manual is great (I've only skimmed it). ;)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Lemog
12-27-2005, 02:55 PM
I don't think there's only good method with ZB... the better is the one where you feel better with...

There's a guy on CgTalk... who work a lot with ZB (and max)... and he work only in the camera framing... modeling front of the camera, and texturing front of the camera too... and that works so good... (unfortunetely, I don't remember his name... maybe tomorrow... or maybe you remember him... he had participated to few cgtalk challenges...)

It just need to adapt the technic to our skills, and in first... understand the philosophie of this software... its certainly the most complicated part.

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 02:59 PM
One of the best people using ZBrush is Zack Petroc, who has a DVD out. There's also another person whose name I can't remember who uses ZBrush and has a DVD. Petroc works in films now and is incredible at modeling human form ~ he studied traditional sculpture, even in Italy (though he's American, I believe) and it really shows.

Here's a profile of his work:

http://features.cgsociety.org/story_custom.php?story_id=2646&page=2

Gunilla
12-27-2005, 03:27 PM
Rebecca - The mapping thing sounds really cool, I usually do most of the detail work while texturing so that is probably a good way. And this is fun - learning a new software while working on a project like this - it's like diving in head first not knowing where to land ... :)
I will definietly check out the training tools for it - I've just spent some time searching for muscles charts for females - it's very annoying how many male ones exist and how few of the female ... found a couple so I have something more to lean on. Thanks!

Laurent - "the better is the one where you feel better with..." That is so true - the most important is to find a level of comfort - and somehow I have a feeling this ZB thing might suit me quite fine... once I get a grip of the methods.
Your description of that guy sounds vaguely familiar... he wasn't in the last challenge was he? I might also get a closer look at Gilles thread again - he did some great texture work with ZB.
Thank you both - you're the best work companions anyone could wish for :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
12-27-2005, 03:39 PM
Gunie,

I just purchased / received a great book, called "Women's Strength Training Anatomy" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0736048138/qid=1135697866/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-4267204-3382434?n=507846&s=books&v=glance), and it's a great Reference!

It has TONS of illustrations of women doing workouts / and shows their muscle anatomy.

Worth checking out! There's also one for men by the same author. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Zapan
12-27-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey , someone didn't snail , all day long !! :)

Lot of good advices and references around , so I guess I'm just here to spam or support you *doing a massage on your shoulders* :D

Eagerly , waiting to see the next update :bounce:

Lemog
12-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Gunie,

I just purchased / received a great book, called "Women's Strength Training Anatomy" (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0736048138/qid=1135697866/sr=8-2/ref=pd_bbs_2/002-4267204-3382434?n=507846&s=books&v=glance), and it's a great Reference!

It has TONS of illustrations of women doing workouts / and shows their muscle anatomy.

Worth checking out! There's also one for men by the same author. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak
That make me think I have a good book at home... don't remember the title now... but it's a book about anatomy for drawing... with lot of great sketches, much with muscles or bones details... I don't know if you know this one... I will post the title when I will be at home... and why not some photos...

Rebeccak
12-28-2005, 06:59 AM
Sounds cool, Lolo. :) Looking forward to seeing a part of the Lemog Library. ;)

Lemog
12-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Sounds cool, Lolo. :) Looking forward to seeing a part of the Lemog Library. ;):thumbsup: about 2d drawing technics, references or 3d books... I don't have much books :shrug:
but about documentations in all technical or artistic domains... I have lot of problem now to find places :scream: hahaha

Your description of that guy sounds vaguely familiar...
I find the frenchg guy... Marcel Laverdet...
http://forums.cgsociety.org/search.php?searchid=2974157
a very talentuous guy... very imaginative :thumbsup:
you can certainly find some tips in his 3d zb threads... I don't remember in which one he explain a very practicle zb technic,to work with texture in the camera framing... but I'm sure you will find good inspiration with his works.

Rebeccak
12-28-2005, 07:30 AM
That is a cooool link!! Thanks for pointing out that artist, even if it was meant for Gunie...it's nice to be inspired. :thumbsup:

daWinky
12-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Good morning!

I was sure before, that this comes out to be a very interesting thread...and I was right:) !
Already a lot of really good links! But I'm of course so curious to see the next steps:bounce: ...have you already decided to refine your model in max or do you want to try it in zBrush?

-sabrina

Gunilla
12-28-2005, 08:39 AM
Good morning everyone! Seems like I slept to long today :)

Becca - cool link! I also found some refs from training centers online - seems like it's the places to go for.

Steph - ahhh, thanks for the backrub - much appreciated :)

Laurent - Marcel Laverdet.., yes I remember seeing his Stegosaurus. Great work! Thanks, I will definitely check him.
I also found a bunch of good tutorials at ZBCentral , (http://www.zbrushcentral.com/zbc/index.php) so now I can find out different solutions for how to do this.

Sabrina - Good morning, dudette :) I haven't decided how to proceed yet - I either continue with what I did yesterday or I go back to Max and add some more details, like the hands... the polymodel tools in ZB is not very sophisticated so that might be the best way ... that remains me all the inner parts to make entirely within ZB.
My mistake with ZSpheres was to think of them as Blobs in Blobsmodelling - which they are not - they don't melt together so my first test got a gap/edge in the upper part of the body which I couldn't fill without dropping the model on the canvas... and once that is done, there's no way to pick it up again! Aick! This surely means a new way of working with modeling ... as well as thinking.

Thanks all for the morning cheer I will no go and see what you been up to :wavey:

Rebeccak
12-28-2005, 08:53 AM
Good morning! :)

Zapan
12-28-2005, 09:33 AM
' Morning Gunilla !! :wavey:

That make me think I have a good book at home... don't remember the title now... but it's a book about anatomy for drawing... with lot of great sketches, much with muscles or bones details... I don't know if you know this one...

Mmmh , I think I've got the same one called in french : Anatomie pour les artistes... I don't know if you can find it in sweden , but here's the link www.vinciana.com (http://www.vinciana.com/) /products/anatomy.
I agree the sketches are really nice !

Have a nice day , and I hope to see an update soon ! :) *another massage miss ?*

Gunilla
12-28-2005, 06:31 PM
Laurent, Zapan - that books looks interesting, I think I need to go to the bookstore tomorrow. Thankfully there are some good refs to find on the web to get me started.

I decided to back in MAX to add some stuff - mainly her right arm and hand. The left one will only be partially visible so I leave it blocky for now.
So - here's the new one, just imported in ZB with some groups made - hope this will do to continue with.

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/zb2.jpg

Hmm, I could really use that massage now :)

Rebeccak
12-28-2005, 06:43 PM
Gunie,

Great update! :) My only worry is with the head...are you going to construct that separately? I don't know if there's enough geometry to pull from the neck...the ZSpheres kind of have a limit it seems...but not sure about this, I guess it will require a little experimentation. :)

I think this might develop into a really cool, artsy project...definitely looking forward to what Lolo calls 'your continuation'. :)

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
12-28-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Rebecca! You're really a super-fast-feedback-person :)

I'm going to crop the head about the cheek level- as in my first test with the ZSpheres... or at least that is the plan for now. That would make her more anonymous which I think might help in bringing the focus to the inner parts. I might be wrong in this, if so I can do the head separately and compose it in Photoshop afterwords- my guess is I will be doing quite a deal of the finalisation in PS.
I guess that makes the continuation rather artsy - if pulled off well :D

My main aim here is really practising :blush:

Rebeccak
12-28-2005, 07:01 PM
Definitely artsy :D ~ and definitely cool!

Do you like the work of Dave McKean?

http://www.mckean-art.co.uk/

Check out his work, it's truly incredible. He just did a movie in this style you've undoubtedly heard of, Mirror Mask.

I love his work! Very artsy indeed...:D

~Rebeccak

Zapan
12-29-2005, 08:15 AM
Ouh I didn't see this last one :blush:

Great update Gunilla , nice balance already for the body.
I think that's great you're trying out several ways and technics to find which one will fit you the most...:)

Gunilla
12-29-2005, 08:47 AM
Do you like the work of Dave McKean?

http://www.mckean-art.co.uk/

Great link, Becca - thanks! I'm very impressed on how you seem to be able to pick the right links for each person :thumbsup:
That's a movie I'm going to see for sure - will get it on DVD as soon as it gets here. I really like that style - artsy and cool :)

Steph - thanks a lot for your cheering - it's not much yet... I'm really snailing with this, spending much time with checking out tuts and refs. Well, I'm in no hurry - this is a learning project. Trying to get comfortable with the tools is the first step, right?

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by :wavey:

Zapan
12-29-2005, 09:29 AM
I'm really snailing with this, spending much time with checking out tuts and refs. Well, I'm in no hurry - this is a learning project. Trying to get comfortable with the tools is the first step, right?

Absolutely true ! I have some serious problem to try another software and stick to it , I don't know why , maybe because some laziness or lack of patience. But I'm sure the best way to discover new stuff is to try lot of things , be comfortable with the workspace , take some time to try all the tools... and of course have fun with !
So take as much time as you need to become the zbrush queen too ! :) :bounce:

Lemog
12-29-2005, 10:41 AM
I don't know why , maybe because some laziness or lack of patience.
That's can resume by a lack of time... it's always hard to create or to work while learning and testing... :shrug:
...and if we can do a choice... :eek: :banghead:

Gunilla
12-29-2005, 11:42 AM
Steph - I'm the same - I almost have to force myself to try new routes these days ... but when I do it's almost time well spent - often some of the best ideas comes from trial and error ... and I like the idea of becoming ZBQueen, has a better ring to it than SpamQueen, don't you think? :scream:

Laurent - So true, but I really love the testing part once I take the time for it :)

So, started to sculpt some - let me know if I bore you with my constant updates, it's hard to know if this early steps are interesting for anyone but myself.
Started to work some on her right arm - wow, this is difficult :eek:
I'm going to give her apple breasts - as close to Venus' as possible, meaning quite not so appleish as they are right now :)

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/zb3.jpg

Rebeccak
12-29-2005, 11:59 AM
Cool to see your update, Gunie! No worries about WIP images, it's the whole purpose behind these threads...and don't worry about boring anyone! :)

I like how you're adding all the little imperfections in the arm, I personally like to see that kind of thing vs. a perfectly smooth and flawless human...the hands of course will be the hardest...do you know about the symmetry and rigging features of ZBrush? Definitely use the symmetry / across the X axis feature, maybe create the figure in a normal bindable / riggable pose for your next model, as then you do not have to model each side, but just one, and it will create the other half automatically (much like a poly proxy in Maya).

Definitely looking forward to seeing the next update! :bounce:

~Rebeccak

Lemog
12-29-2005, 01:21 PM
Appleish... that change me a little... good for me :scream: and that remain my long years of work with illustrator... this Venus is finally very near of me and my life :thumbsup:

About comments... I have the same feeling than a young boy watching a sculptor... eyes largely open... maybe the mouth too... no crit and no comment... because it was an another world now... you have the total control on the matter Gunie... and I'm very curious and admirative... often if you have the courage to perseverate with this software...

...and maybe I hope you give me the envy to open an another time ZB :thumbsup: :bowdown:

Zapan
12-29-2005, 02:14 PM
YEAH !! sculpting like a nut !! :bounce: , and please keep updating all the time , That's just great !!

SpamQueen , AwardQueen, ZBQueen , RubbersuitsQueen , SnailQueen... May I suggest to do some place on your desk to put all these awards... maybe instead the scanner since Muffen ate it... :D :scream: :scream: .

btw... see , I didn't take part of any cupsize discussion

Rebeccak
12-29-2005, 02:21 PM
btw... see , I didn't take part of any cupsize discussion
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha!!! :scream:

Gunilla
12-29-2005, 02:49 PM
Rebeccak - thanks a lot for your feedback here ... and thanks for liking "the little imperfections" - I don't think I can avoid those at this stage :)
And for next model I will definitely try the mirror approach and ZSpheres - this one was imported posed so adjustments are really hard to do... see below

Lemog - Yeah, TheAdobe Venusis very familiar to everyone - which is partly why I wanted to do her. Right now she looks more like a Modigliani, too thin :scream:
Oh, I feel the pressure here ... to make you so inspired that you start with ZB too - I think you could do wonderful things with it, so go ahead :thumbsup:

Steph - Gosh :blush: All those awards... for me? :D
And not taking part of the cup size discussion?! If I didn't knew better I'd suspect you're trying to impress all the ladies here :rolleyes: :scream:

OK - latest update. I realised I made the wrong pose and size for the hand :banghead: And if you think that is just to select it, rotate and rescale - think again! I spent most of the afternoon trying to pull it in the right shape ... so tell me, is it still much to small? If so I have to start from scratch again ... sigh...will I ever get to the gory parts?

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/zb4.jpg

Zapan
12-29-2005, 09:11 PM
YAY , great update Gunilla,

mmh , something weird , don't really know if the hand is a bit small , or maybe the forearm quiet long... forearm=1.5 hand approx ... so maybe the elbow is too far , don't know :shrug: .

Anyway you're on the right track !! keep up the good work !

Spam bonus :
And if you think that is just to select it, rotate and rescale - think again!

Boahahahaha :scream: , is there a better way to say that is hardly tweakable ?

If I didn't knew better I'd suspect you're trying to impress all the ladies here

ahaha , well too late for me , I've already post the bowl haircut humiliation.... seppuku is on the way !! :D

daWinky
12-30-2005, 07:53 AM
Good morning Gunilla!

I see, you've been busy - nice update:) ...and I don't think the hand is to small!

Originally Posted by Gunilla
let me know if I bore you with my constant updates, it's hard to know if this early steps are interesting for anyone but myself.

I'm glad to see all these early steps, so please continue with your updates:thumbsup: !
Have a nice day!:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

Gunilla
12-30-2005, 08:07 AM
Steph - yes... something's not quite right with the proportions - what I've learned from this is to either be very careful with proportions and pose when doing the lowpolymodel or making it with ZSpheres in ZB from start... cause right now it looks really...pulled? :scream:
Thanks for your suggestions - it's great to have other eyes when you're own get tired.
ahaha , well too late for me , I've already post the bowl haircut humiliation.... seppuku is on the way !! :D
Ahhh, the bowl haircut boy... too cute :love:See, there you go again :D

Sabrina - Glad to hear you like my tweaking sessions - when are you going to start your own thread here? It would be fun to see some more of your doings :thumbsup:
And looking at it today - maybe the hand is the right size... only the twisted shape is confusing.
I think I start with some organs now, just to try something new :)

Have a great day!

Zapan
12-30-2005, 08:35 AM
Good morning my Queen ! :)

yes... something's not quite right with the proportions - what I've learned from this is to either be very careful with proportions and pose when doing the lowpolymodel or making it with ZSpheres in ZB from start... cause right now it looks really...pulled?

mmh , I see your point, very tricky one... maybe you should have to model the base mesh in traditionnal DaVinci pose using some ref pictures to check proportions, then quickly skin it into the right pose... before export it to ZB... Zack Petroc did that in th Gnomon DVD ... Huge !

Have a great day ! Happy Gory sculpting :bounce:

Gunilla
12-30-2005, 01:09 PM
mmh , I see your point, very tricky one... maybe you should have to model the base mesh in traditionnal DaVinci pose using some ref pictures to check proportions, then quickly skin it into the right pose... before export it to ZB... Zack Petroc did that in th Gnomon DVD ... Huge !

Hmm, yes - that's probably a good way to go - if you're good at skinning in the first place... anyway: I have now discovered how to rotate polygons in ZB:bounce:, so I did get back to my earlier mesh and went from there. Will be in the next body update.
And now: The heart, modeled with ZSpheres - now ready to sculpt. I'm surprised since making this didn't take me longer than if I'd made it within MAX. With some training I guess it will be faster for me! Note that I'm a very slow modeler to start with. This took about 1,5 hours - with testing and tweaking. Going to start building on this, adding veins and such... Fun it is :)

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/heart.jpg

Zapan
12-30-2005, 02:50 PM
Ahhhh ! So this is how a real heart looks like ? http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/coeur3.gif :scream:

I see you're going for a fully detailled inner organs , Thix is gonna be great , can't wait !!
And can't also wait for the veins work ... sounds familiar :D ...

makaron
12-30-2005, 03:00 PM
all I can say is... this is fun and "lrorik" thread to follow... :bounce:

and to You and Muffen... happy new year http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/GL2749%7E12.GIF

Gunilla
12-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Ahhhh ! So this is how a real heart looks like ? http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/coeur3.gif :scream:

I see you're going for a fully detailled inner organs , Thix is gonna be great , can't wait !!
And can't also wait for the veins work ... sounds familiar :D ...

Well... I've never seen a real heart so I can't be sure - trying to find as many refs I can. My plan as for today is to make as many organs as possible - to start a personal library. Not sure if they will be seen in this lade though, probably just partly.
Veins ..ahahaha! :banghead: Yeah - I'm sort of stuck on the topic at the moment :)

Mona - Hej dr! Glad you like - happy new year to you and your GPs too :thumbsup:

daWinky
12-30-2005, 05:10 PM
Hi Gunilla,

hey, now it's really getting interesting, the first organ! And the first pure zBrush modeling, right:) ? Glad to hear that you didn't need longer with it than in max...I'm getting more and more curious to see the next steps! And a great idea to make your own library:thumbsup: .
Originally Posted by Gunilla
- when are you going to start your own thread here? It would be fun to see some more of your doings
...not in the next time, a lot of work at the beginning of the new year and I need all my spare time to do my basic anatomy drawings - just some hands, feets and other bodyparts...not very interesting:shrug: ...but I have a lot of fun with it and because I have no skills in traditional drawing it's great for me to see even the small progress:D ...and if I find a little more time, I'll probably start a 3d wip first, there's a never finished scene I could need some help with...:)
So for now I want to wish you a Happy New Year and Good Luck for all your projects in 2006!!:bounce:

-sabrina

Zapan
12-31-2005, 08:51 AM
My plan as for today is to make as many organs as possible - to start a personal library. Not sure if they will be seen in this lade though, probably just partly.

Organs personal library ? that is just priceless and usefull ... but ... but you're a weird lady :D
Even if we won't fully see them , we know they are here , that's the point anyway :thumbsup: :) .

Can't wait to see the next one !
and if we don't see each other before tonight : Have a great time tonight http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/fete.gif
And see you in 2006 http://perso.wanadoo.fr/atil/forum/sdrink.gif

Gunilla
12-31-2005, 12:21 PM
Sabrina - I'm glad to hear you got started with the new Wacom .. I never got used to work with mine but I might give it another go - the mouse is really not the perfect tool for painting.
Let me know as soon as you got your 3d WIP up - I'd love to see your next steps.
My best wishes for the upcoming year, and a totally smoke free one, right? :thumbsup:
Organs personal library ? that is just priceless and usefull ... but ... but you're a weird lady :D

And that's news? :scream:
Well - It's mostly a way to mix business with pleasure, I hope to have good use for this within my jobassignments.

Have a great time you too - and my best wishes for the new year :bounce:

So, now the fun with texturing begins:

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/heart2.jpg

Happy New Year everyone, see you in 2006!

Rebeccak
01-02-2006, 02:06 AM
Gunie,

That's so cool, and totally puts this heart I did a while back in Maya to shame! :scream: I'll have to post it later for fun and laughs...great to see you really taking off in ZBrush! :bounce:

Cheers, and Happy 2006! Whee, I'm looking forward to getting home tomorrow. :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

Lemog
01-02-2006, 06:29 AM
We're in 2006... and I'm already speechless... really... great progress with your skills in ZB... your heart hurt me dear... I mean you find "your" tool with ZB, not ?
...waiting for more... very passionated.

...and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2006 :thumbsup:

Gunilla
01-02-2006, 07:58 AM
Rebecca - glad you like! Happy 2006 for you too - will be filled with lots of exiting stuff I hope :thumbsup:

Laurent - My tool with ZB? I don't know yet, there are still so many things I have to find out how to do... but I'm having fun with it already for sure :)
A Happy New Year for you too, hope we will have lots of opportunities to play here and elsewhere :bounce:

Lemog
01-02-2006, 08:10 AM
Maybe it's very early to say that... but I'm very happy to see your progress in this new ZB feeling... that only can be good for next future step of your work :thumbsup:

Zapan
01-02-2006, 11:01 AM
:bounce: Happy new year (yeah I'm saying that for 3 days , but now it's for real) and best wishes !

Great texture for the heart , it seems that veins is an easy job for you now !! Awesome !

waiting for the next one !:)

EDIT : I think that's the most serious post that I made for like months... Is that a new year resolution ?

Gunilla
01-02-2006, 12:05 PM
Laurent - thanks, and I hope so - still remains me to see what I do when I have many objects on stage ... hopefully later this week :thumbsup:

Steph - Nooooo! Don't get serious, please :D
Ok - you're allowed to one serious post per day but not more, I don't want to be left the last silly one around :eek:

Glad you like the beginning of my heart - I will not be able to fully texture it until I've made the final comp - at least that's how I understand it today... may very well change though. I'm finding out how it works as I go and have still a long way left...

Bad news is that I had to start work again today already - meaning I wont have as much time this week as last week. Good news is that I might be able to use this weeks work project here - I'm going to make an illustration of the digestive system in Illustrator and that might be of use for my continued steps with my anatomy lady.
There just isn't such a thing as to much intestines, right? :D

Zapan
01-02-2006, 12:48 PM
Well , I can't get serious as long as you're talking about intestines and else disgusting stuff like a piece of candy ! :eek:

First time I hear about a woman who's liking some GORE that much ... weird lady ... I guess that makes you so special :) :love: ... :scream: hahaha...

Gunilla
01-02-2006, 04:53 PM
First time I hear about a woman who's liking some GORE that much ... weird lady ... I guess that makes you so special :) :love: ... :scream: hahaha...

Haha - well, I hate to disappoint you ... but I adore flowers too :)

Todays small update:

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/heart3.jpg

Lemog
01-03-2006, 06:24 AM
Good morning Gunie...

Whaouw... that continue to be very far of flowers... but always more progress... nice little details... the render is quiet different now... it's only rendering in ZB or there's post effect or compositing... it's certainly less fesh than sweeties... but it's really pleasant.

This night... I do a strange dream... I've decided to learn seriously ZB... a real dream or a real nightmare... to early to know :scream: but if that works... I should thank you :eek: hahahaha

Have a nice day darling :wavey:

Zapan
01-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Morning sweetHEART !

Ewww but wow !
Disgusting but impressive !
Testing but fast !
Max or Zbrush ?!
Gore but flowers ?!
:argh: but :love:

... and I'm all confused by now :banghead: :scream:

makaron
01-03-2006, 08:45 AM
and some swedish for the french nuts to read...

snyggt jobbat :bounce: Gunilla... looking good... :) Im really like this one, good progress...

DaddyMack
01-03-2006, 10:47 AM
Heyaaa... Welcome to the land of Z Gunilla!... Great to see you hit the ground running my friend and that heart is a stunner... I'll follow this one for the view but will also see what crit I can offer along the way...

Good luck:bounce:

Gunilla
01-03-2006, 01:40 PM
A late good morning, friends! My router died this morning so I'm a bit late - sorry.

Lolo - glad you like it. This is ZB render only so far. I still haven't figured out how to mix painted and phototextures - I tried with one of your fleshpics but got a mess. ZB seems to have it's own UnWrap method so I suppose it takes some studying to solve it.
Whoa - I can even effect dreams now! :eek:
haha, I'm glad to hear - I really think you could do great stuff with this and I'm happy if I can inspire you in any way :blush:

Steph - You're screaming - that's good, I can EAR you so much better now :argh:
"Ewww but wow !" Hmmm ... I like that, might even put it on my business card, yes? :)

Mona - tack ska du ha, det r skitkul - har du testat? You can find a freee demo at www.pixologic.com to try out. Imagine Engel in 3d!

Daddy - Hi and so glad to see you here with my first shaking steps with ZB. Jump in with advice and suggestions whenever you like - it's very welcome...I've no idea where this is going

Looks like I will have some time off for tomorrow - so, what organ should be next? Lungs? Liver? I think it has to be lungs - I like those, pink and fluffy :)

daWinky
01-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Aha, I see some veins, looks quite familiar to me - if I ever need advices about veins, I know where to go:) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#). Nice details for your heart:thumbsup: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#). I'm already looking forward to the lungs, pink and fluffy...:argh:

-sabrina

Lemog
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
Lolo - glad you like it. This is ZB render only so far. I still haven't figured out how to mix painted and phototextures - I tried with one of your fleshpics but got a mess. ZB seems to have it's own UnWrap method so I suppose it takes some studying to solve it.
I don't know enough about ZB... but generally, I saw people unwrap in their usual software as max before to work on texturing in ZB... don't know more for the moment... a way ? but there's certainly an inner solution but I don't know... sorry...

Gunilla
01-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Sabrina - ha! You have good eyes - it's actually the same map I used for the fetuses.
Made with Xenoflex2, Lightning -a Photoshop plugin from Alienware. I only had the demo so now I'm stuck with that map until I come around to buy it.
"Pink and fluffy" - yes, the lungs of a non-smoker :D How's the quitting going?

Laurent - Yes, importing them works, but since I don't really like UnWrapping in Max I was hoping to find a way to avoid it (...lazy) It works fine with the built in for painting maps - all I have to find is a way to mix them. Don't worry I'll find out - and then I let you know. :)

Corvax
01-03-2006, 02:53 PM
HI Gunilla

You have a few options to UV map inside of Zbrush. this can be found in the tool palette under texture, besides your basic spherical, cylindrical and planar maps there are also group UV tile and Adaptive UV tile.

now Group UV tile tries to fit as many polys as it can into as few shells as possible, and can be nice if you planning on painting further on your textures in a external package, like photoshop or if you plan on painting on it as a 2.5 painting in the ZB canvas view.

if you only plan on using the 3d texturing tools inside ZB, that being projection master and the colorize function, you might wanna go whit the Adaptive UV tile
Adaptive UV tile maps you uvs in a uniform pattern, making it optimal for 3d painting, but impossible to paint on in 2D or 2.5D mode.

hope this helps :)

~David Ren.

Gunilla
01-03-2006, 03:27 PM
David - thanks a lot for the tips, greatly appreciated!
I'm using the group UVtile for the heart now and have also tried the Zapplink function to jump between ZB and PS. I think it works quite well for painting in ZB but will try the Adaptive version now to compare.
What I'm trying to figure out is how to use a texture for painting. Just as I can load an image as an alpha to paint with, isn't there a way to paint with texture on the 3dobject? And to mix different kind of materials by painting a mix map?
Maybe it's all in the help files and I just have to study them better - just got started.

I start with giving the Adaptive UV tile a go, thanks so much for the suggestion :thumbsup:

Corvax
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Gunilla

Alright what you need is the Projection Master (hotkey G), what it will do is temporarily drop you're tool unto the canvas (it wont cull out the unseen polys but you wont be able to rotate your tool ontill you pick it back up). while the tool is dropped it enables you to use all of you 2d-"filter brushes" and your 2.5 tools so not only can you use it paint texture maps you can also create fine details on your mesh. once your done, you just pick it right back up and Zbrush will project what you've painted onto the mesh.

I recommend that you go and download the practical guide from Zbrush central, lots of good stuff in there (its linked from the pixologic web site) and that you take a look at how Kris Kosta (I think he is known as antropus on cgtalk) applies texture using the projection master and primitive objects - his technique gives you lots of flexibility (link here (http://pixologic.com/zbrush/class/artaction.html)).

~David Ren.

Gunilla
01-03-2006, 04:58 PM
Oh yay - thank you!
I had tried it with the wrong kind of brush - it all works well now ...eh, or at least better :)
thanks a lot for helping out!

Zapan
01-04-2006, 07:59 AM
You're screaming - that's good, I can EAR you so much better now :argh:
"Ewww but wow !" Hmmm ... I like that, might even put it on my business card, yes? :)

Loud and clEAR ! :scream: ... Eww but wow , you're right , you can totally sell yourself with it, right above the "don't we all like feet" :wise:

Looking forward to see some pink and fluffy lungs :surprised ... (told you... like a piece of candy :argh: )

Btw : good morning ! great news you've got some spare time :bounce: :wavey:

Gunilla
01-06-2006, 11:14 AM
A very late good morning, everyone :)

OK - pink and fluffy? No, not yet... I've been trying to explore the ways of texturing in ZB. Usually, I like to use a lot of procedurals in shading, instead of painted maps. So, what I've tried is if I can make the same kind of workflow within ZB... with very small luck so far.
Here's a test with using noise for the lung texture, no painting at all so far - I will continue with painting the diffusion while maintaning the noisebump to see how it works. In the end I will probably have to paint in the bumps directly in the geometry. Also, here's the first steps for the bronks, which I make as a separate object.
The geometry for the lungs was also started as ZSpheres - it would probably be better to start them with polys, but what the heck - I need to learn, right? :)
http://www.bitspin.net/wip/lungs.jpg

makaron
01-06-2006, 11:20 AM
cant say anything about technics or give advise in ZB... :blush: but, seems to me that you are in right direction how a lung looks like... :)

tusan Gunilla, ser ut som om du blir en mstare i ZB snart ;)

Lemog
01-06-2006, 11:27 AM
I don't know what is the most difficult to learn... ZB or anatomy ? but zsphere in this case appear appropriate... perfect to add gory details...

...I don't remember where it is... I don't know if you see it, but during the Machinefesh challenge, I've done a animated gif of inner organs ? maybe the texture can be an exemple... must search that...

Gunilla
01-06-2006, 11:34 AM
...I don't remember where it is... I don't know if you see it, but during the Machinefesh challenge, I've done a animated gif of inner organs ? maybe the texture can be an exemple... must search that...

No - haven't seen that, so yes, please if you can find it - much appreciated :thumbsup:

I have photographic atlas of the inner parts... very disgusting. So, what I want to do is finding materials and mood that is more beautiful but still somehow related to the real ones.
Not easy.

Mona - Thanks you for cheering - och tack, man fr vl hoppas ;)

Lemog
01-06-2006, 11:46 AM
No - haven't seen that, so yes, please if you can find it - much appreciated :thumbsup:

I will do... it's made with my flesh collection :scream:

Zapan
01-06-2006, 12:14 PM
WOW but EWWWWWWW... (it works in the other way around too)

Really great shader and all with Zsphere ? YAY. I think tha shape works real good, looks spongy ...
Great to see your progress !!

I have photographic atlas of the inner parts... very disgusting. So, what I want to do is finding materials and mood that is more beautiful but still somehow related to the real ones.

:arteest: :scream: ... How to make a disgusting stuff looking tasty ...

And now I'm going throw up a little bit ...

Gunilla
01-06-2006, 06:41 PM
WOW but EWWWWWWW... (it works in the other way around too)

:arteest: :scream: ... How to make a disgusting stuff looking tasty ...

And now I'm going throw up a little bit ...

Gosh! Thanks! ... I think :)

The SnakeHookBrush is very fun!
The more I play with this, the less realistic things turn out ... maybe I have to make two versions - one in ZB and one in MAX.

Next will be ...liver? Colon? ... have to sleep on that one I think. Have a nice weekend, all!

EDIT: Boahaha - now I see it! Lung-Illa! Oh, you are so dead now...hmm, I need a model for my inner parts... :twisted:

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/lungs2.jpg

Zapan
01-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Good morning ! :wavey: :)

WOW , Great update , you've been really busy ... bloody :thumbsup:
SnakeHookBrush ? mmh I could pretend I know what you're talking about like :
I know exactly how you feel :curious: but one ZB version and one MAX version sounds really great especially for a ZB learner :wise: :D ... just kidding.

now I see it! Lung-Illa! Oh, you are so dead now...hmm, I need a model for my inner parts...

Should I be scared ? , I think the most difficult will be to find an appropriate nick to you for every organs you're gonna show... like intestines or colon ... real challenge.
A model ? , are you saying you have planned to make a bowl haircut colon ? ouch ! gory...

Lemog
01-07-2006, 09:08 AM
Morning my friend... just quickly here to post the animated gif... I don't know if that can help for something, but just for the fun then...

http://lemog.free.fr/MN/organes.gif

and now a very disgusting pic for inspiration... please Steph... don't watch that :surprised
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/lemog/zarb.jpg

Gunilla
01-07-2006, 09:26 AM
Morning boys, :)

Steph - bloody? looks more like candy to me... so far I find it very easy to make metal or stone like materials and very difficult to make organic ones... but I'll get there, thanks for cheering - it really helps me moving on.
But if you ever get the idea to call me ColonQueen I swear I'll get you banned :scream:

Laurent - Aouhhh... that gif is definitely on the gory side - very cool, thanks for posting.
And the other link, I don't find it disgusting at all ... it's perfect! Just the kind of image as I was thinking of from the start. Is it a wax? Or one of the tiny doll-like objects?

I've discovered that it's not as easy as I thought to combine many elements in the same pic since only one can be truly 3d at the time... very strange to start thinking like this. I need to do some more studying on how to edit the layers alpha to be able to make this one... alternative solution would be to render everything separately and compose in PS or maybe exporting the objects and put it together in MAX, I'm not sure what is the smartest way yet.

scootermaya
01-07-2006, 09:46 AM
Waouh ! I saw a Sweedish gory tread, and I thought I'd pass by.
Nice start girl :bounce: your anatomic mod is great as usual. I'm much interested at following this.

(Good morning to all in this tread ! :buttrock: )

Gunilla
01-07-2006, 10:37 AM
Hi Scooty! Good to see you - the french breakfast club gathered again :bounce:

Thanks for coming by and enjoying the gory stuff - much appreciated.
When will we see something from you here? Why don't you start a thread too ... very nice place here, lots of great work around... and lots of spam :)

Here's the next update - heart added. I think this must be a smokers lungs :shrug:

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/withheart.jpg

Zapan
01-07-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi there, me again ...

I think you're doing a great job with shaders , of course , it could be different to see it with all the organ setup , but I don't see anything wrong so far (although I don't know lot of stuff concerning inner parts , maybe some medical illustrator would be better advice than me).

Doing an organs library is also a great idea , but maybe it's quite different to see those separately, than all gathered in a weird bag as the body is...
I'm sure you could do an awesome job with PS , you show many times in the past that you can do it... but I really think that it will be better to represent it all together , with the interaction they have each other , the way the light catch shapes , the translucence of shaders working in the whole thing...my thought IMHO...
I don't really know how Zbrush's working with several objects...most of time, I saw only one sculpture in the panel, but I'm sure there is a way to gather all items in the same scene. In the other hand , doing meshes in MAX , then sculpting details in ZB to create a displacement map to import in MAX... it has been proved many time that's working really well...
In this case the whole scene could be rendered in MAX and why not MentalRay...

I don't know just some ideas , your call of course .

ps : I promise , that's the only boring serious post for today...

EDIT : ok now I see the edit update : it works really well like this , PS work ?
So I guess you can throw away my previous comment...arghhhh

Gunilla
01-07-2006, 12:07 PM
These are all excellent thoughts, Steph! And much as I've beginning to think myself ... all kinds of problems to solve turns up during the way - part of the fun I think.
The last update is still in ZB only - and it works half good I think, if you look closely there are areas overlapping in a strange manner. I will probably continue on this route for practising- and in the end do as you suggest - migrate to MAX and finish in more familiar settings :)

Having to much fun with this so far that I've no hurry to finish. Next I will try importing a free 3ds mesh of the colon system, yep, that's right - cheating with that, else I will be stuck with colon modeling until midsummer.

Thanks a lot for your splendid support - I like it when you're boring serious too :thumbsup:

scootermaya
01-07-2006, 05:40 PM
Hi Scooty! Good to see you - the french breakfast club gathered again :bounce:

Thanks for coming by and enjoying the gory stuff - much appreciated.
When will we see something from you here? Why don't you start a thread too ... very nice place here, lots of great work around... and lots of spam :)

But I did, I did ... see my boat !:bounce:

Gunilla
01-08-2006, 09:24 AM
Scooter - great boat! :thumbsup:

Good morning!
OK, so now I've made a rough with trying to bring it all together in ZB - every organ has it's own layer. It doesn't look very well so far I'm afraid... the method I should have used is really to have a sketch done for the location and placement for each organ to fit the pose of my body. As soon as an organ have been placed on a layer all I can do is move it, paint on it or erase parts of it - no way of scaling or rotating without having to load it as an object.
I think proper planning is essential for making this kind of work in ZB - perhaps I can find out a good way of sorting it out.
Note that liver and kidneys are missing so far. Looks like very little of the lungs will be seen ... ah well, at least I know they're there, right? :)

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/full.jpg

ThierryS
01-08-2006, 11:34 AM
Hello Gunilla!
I see you're having fun with Zbrush now, in my opinion the combination of MAx and ZB is really great, so much can be done! it's my workflow at the moment on animation projects too.
Your work with the shaders is giving good results, but should this be a surprise? No no, hehe;)

It seems the inside of human body is a favorite subject of yours haha, more guts! more red!
HAve fun , I'll be back to see your progress on this piece!:thumbsup:

GonzaloGolpe
01-08-2006, 02:09 PM
Good works Gunilla! and good luck again to the spectacular contest:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Zapan
01-08-2006, 02:42 PM
YAY , great to see that everything's talking place :bounce:

I can easily understand , how much hard it seems to be to put all this stuff in this little "bag" .
And you're right , we all know that lungs are there ...
I won't be worried for Venus-apple-breasts anymore... :D

Eagerly waiting for the next one ...

Gunilla
01-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Thierry - Hi! Good to see you here, so you're a MAX/ZBrusher... excellent!
How do you solve in a good way to bring objects modeled and textured in ZB to Max with texturing intact? I've only found description for how to do it from a Max base mesh and I think I'm really gonna like modeling in ZB.
And yeah, I'm kind of stuck inside the body at the moment - a lot of interesting stuff in there, guts aside :scream:

Gonzalo - thank you for cheering! And thank you for the challenge wishes - don't think I have much chance there I'm afraid, just too many great challengers :thumbsup:

Steph - Yes, it's a bit tricky - probably because I'm not used to it yet. I've started over, now with the Venuspainting as a backdrop so I can place the organs better... the imported guts doesn't work to good though, I might just have to model them from scratch after all :banghead:
And don't worry - the Venus apples will still be there :scream:

I don't think there will be any more updates today... lazy mode kicking in.

daWinky
01-09-2006, 05:23 AM
Good morning!

You've been really busy during the weekend, some nice updates here:thumbsup: . I like the last lung/heart-update...not so pink and fluffy, you're right, it looks more like a smoker's one, but quite realistic I think:scream: ...It's a pity that there's not much of it to see in the body update - things are coming together there and it looks already promising to me:) . I'm curious to hear how you'll find a good workflow for this...

have a nice day:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)!

-sabrina

Zapan
01-09-2006, 07:55 AM
Hi there O mighty queen :scream:
You've start over ? ... hmm your call , alright I will wait nervously the next update... :) :bounce:
Good to know that she still will have her apple breasts ,
and I'm quite afraid of your futur comments when I will start the torso studies on mine :scream:

Have a great day :thumbsup:

Lemog
01-09-2006, 08:04 AM
Good morning... well... at first view, the week-end was well filled... the texture of the heart is really beautiful... interesting progress with ZB... now, I'm really jealous :scream: hahaha

ThierryS
01-09-2006, 09:43 AM
Hi Gunilla,
How do you solve in a good way to bring objects modeled and textured in ZB to Max with texturing intact? I've only found description for how to do it from a Max base mesh and I think I'm really gonna like modeling in ZB.
And yeah, I'm kind of stuck inside the body at the moment
I can only tell you the way I do it, without garanty it's the best way, in fact it all depends on what you want to do in the end, the following description works well for characters that need to be later animated or posed in MAx. Here's how I procede:
I first do a lowres poly version of the model in MAx (the tools in max allow you to procede as quickly as in Zb with Zspheres, so I prefer to start in MAx), without worrying about textures first, export in obj format to ZB, tweak the shape with ZB tools until I'm satisfied with it, then export back into MAx for further detailing, adding more polys in local areas, then when I'm happy I start placing the UVmaps in MAx, collapse the modifier stack (this step is important to find the UV maps back in ZB, don't forget to check the texture option in the export menu this time) and then export back in ZB still in obj format. From there it's just pure joy refining and sculpting/detailing, if you increase the res of your object the UVmap will follow.
The other way round works too(first model in ZB and place UVmaps in it also), but gives less flexibility to place UVmaps, as the way ZB do it is more random. The export into max works well but can give places on your model with disruptions between the UV tiles.
Hope this helps, let me know if something is not clear.
Have fun!

Gunilla
01-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Good morning all - a bit late today, officework... :sad:

Sabrina - thanks for the cheers! Well, I'm curious to find out a good workflow here too... but it'sreally great fun so far - have you tried it?

Steph - yes, I started over but just with the comp, I discovered the wrong placements for the organs...so...
Looking forward to your torso - so will you do apples or melons? :curious::scream:

Lolo - happy to make you jealous, dear :D
I'm still waiting for you to join me with this!

Thierry - thanks, excellent! this was just the kind of info I needed. I think my mistake might have been to use adapitveUV within ZB - the map got all screwed up in Max. For the next ones I will try Unwrap in max first instead.
Really glad for your input on this, thanks again!

So, as mentioned I will be stuck with office work today - might not get any time for this until wednesday... see you all, and thanks for your splendid support!

Thanks to you too Rebecca, I know you're watching, unable to comment :wavey:

makaron
01-09-2006, 12:31 PM
no updates until wednesday... but, but... how are we gonna cope... :cry: haha... looking forward to see how you gonna proceed :)

ThierryS
01-09-2006, 12:41 PM
Just one more thing, the reason the texture was screwed when imported back in Max was probably because you need to flip it verticaly when it's generated in ZB and imported in MAx.
Also, always make sure the texture case is checked when you import the OBJ mesh in MAX otherwise it will not take the UV map.

In the "V" tiling of your map in MAX's material editor, always put a negative value. You can also flip the "V" of your texture in ZB before saving your map and using it in MAX. One way or the other but not the two together of course hehe!
This should solve your problems.

scootermaya
01-09-2006, 01:00 PM
Steph - yes, I started over but just with the comp, I discovered the wrong placements for the organs...so...
Looking forward to your torso - so will you do apples or melons? :curious::scream:

You now the guy ... it will be probably pumpkins :twisted: :eek:

Gunilla
01-09-2006, 01:37 PM
no updates until wednesday... but, but... how are we gonna cope... :cry: haha... looking forward to see how you gonna proceed :)

I think maybe you will have other things to play with while waiting.... :rolleyes:
Or what does the spam team think? Will Mona be busy this week? :D

Thierry! Ah! Excellent - that must have been what happened - I couldn't understand how it could look that strange... thanks again :applause:

Scooter - Pumpkins, huh? If this goes on we can open up a grocery shop, liver and pumpkins anyone? :D

Zapan
01-09-2006, 02:31 PM
@ Makaron :

I think maybe you will have other things to play with while waiting.... :rolleyes:
Or what does the spam team think? Will Mona be busy this week?

And you call that a hint ? , Well good luck Mon' , you have to turn out as Mrs Sherlock ... to find out what's going on here.... :surprised :curious: ... NYARK.

@ scootermaya : I'm pretending that I'm not listening ... bahaha :D

@ Gunilla : That's right !! I cook *faints* :scream:
except I don't like apples ... pumpkins neither ...

@ Scar~Go : concerning torso studies ... will be a guy then ....

Gunilla
01-09-2006, 02:51 PM
Zap- well, I said subtle hint, didn't I? Maybe we should drop something more in her thread?

And ah, yes - you cook, but you forgot to mention how you like melons? :D

Just kidding of course, feel free to do whatever fruit you like :thumbsup:

makaron
01-09-2006, 02:56 PM
are you guys and girls talking fruitsalad :bounce: or is it undercovertalk for cupsize? :D

Zapan
01-09-2006, 02:57 PM
Are we still talking about boobies here ? because I'm getting lost ...and hungry a little...:D

daWinky
01-09-2006, 02:59 PM
@ Mona:

Or what does the spam team think? Will Mona be busy this week? :D

I second this Mona! I think you'll be very busy the next time:D ...ah, and be prepared of the unexpected;) (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)...
Have a nice day, Mona!

-sabrina

Rebeccak
01-09-2006, 03:03 PM
Yahoo! I can post again! :D Was beginning to feel a bit mute, pawing at the screen as I was and making muffled sounds...:scream:

Will be back to luxuriate in the fact that I can, indeed, post to Gunie's thread again! :bounce:

Gunilla
01-09-2006, 03:11 PM
are you guys and girls talking fruitsalad :bounce: or is it undercovertalk for cupsize? :D

Fruitsalad? Njaaa. Maybe something other strange and unexpected thing that will occur in someones neighbourhood real soon :)

Steph - Boobies? I've no idea what you're talking about...wasn't it cooking?
As in: What's cooking, hehehe? :twisted:

Sabrina - couldn't have said it better myself, oh - that's right, I just did :D

<leaving area of confusion>

Becca - Yay, hoorah! Best news of today, I really don't want to be known as "She-who-muted-Rebecca" :D

Rebeccak
01-09-2006, 03:13 PM
Gunie: I really don't want to be known as "She-who-muted-Rebecca" :D
Couldn't happen, really. :D

Lemog
01-09-2006, 04:46 PM
I'm not sure now to be always on the good thread of Gunilla here... anatomy ??? mmh... there's certainly here some good recipes of flesh and fruits... but I'm ok too... I can follow :scream:

Zapan
01-09-2006, 05:17 PM
I'm not sure now to be always on the good thread of Gunilla here... anatomy ??? mmh... there's certainly here some good recipes of flesh and fruits

We're cooking ... Chicks Breasts ...

Maybe something other strange and unexpected thing that will occur in someones neighbourhood real soon

Well if she had a clue before , definitely , she hasn't now , even me , I'm not sure to understand... :curious: :argh: Yes Gunilla you're such a good messer...

Ok last spam post for today , I promise ...

Gunilla
01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
In the "V" tiling of your map in MAX's material editor, always put a negative value. You can also flip the "V" of your texture in ZB before saving your map and using it in MAX. One way or the other but not the two together of course hehe!
This should solve your problems.

Big thanks again! I tried the negative value for V and it works like a charm, much greatful! :thumbsup:

Becca - didn't think so, no :D

Lolo - You're right - to much cooking here today, will be more serious, I promise (fingers crossed) :D

Well if she had a clue before , definitely , she hasn't now , even me , I'm not sure to understand... :curious: :argh: Yes Gunilla you're such a good messer...

Yes, I am good! ... or am I? :banghead: :D

Been to busy with other things today to make any updates here - but at least, thanks to Thierry, I've solved the mystery with the screwed up mapping. Yay, it's been a good day!

Lemog
01-10-2006, 10:35 AM
Just quickly here for a little kiss... I'm very busy too today... :cry:

scootermaya
01-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Bisous a toi aussi Laurent ! MMMOOOUUUAAAAKKKK !:p

Lemog
01-10-2006, 11:16 AM
Bisous a toi aussi Laurent ! MMMOOOUUUAAAAKKKK !:p
moahahahahaha... huhu :p

Gunilla
01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
Lolo - how very kind of you - thank you :)

Scooter - et pour moi? ...:curious:

:D
Maybe, but just maybe I have some gory parts up later ... wish me luck!

Zapan
01-10-2006, 01:55 PM
OOOHHH kissing party ? someone wants a snail kiss ? ewww ... :D

And now we want some gore , come on O mighty Queen , looking forward to it ! :)

scootermaya
01-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Lolo - how very kind of you - thank you :)

Scooter - et pour moi? ...:curious:

:D
Maybe, but just maybe I have some gory parts up later ... wish me luck!

Na ! I have just kissed the sik guy and don't want to give you his germs :D ...but certainly another time :bounce: .

What part are you working on now?

Lemog
01-10-2006, 04:43 PM
What part are you working on now?
As in my case... it's certainly something odd in the belly :shrug: hahahah

... mmmh and bad news... the baby is sick too... :sad: but fortunetely, it's already a strong guy... imagine the poor dad :scream: hahaha

Rebeccak
01-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Awww, sorry to hear that your kiddie is sick, Lolo...have you taught mini~Lolo how to spam yet? :scream: Lolo to mini~lolo: "Can you say spam? S-P-A-Mmmmmmmmmmmm..." :scream: :bounce:

Gunilla
01-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Scooter, Lolo - Haha, by coincidence, I'm working on the digestive system... perhaps that's what made Lemog sick? :scream:

And poor Loys... and poor Daddy who has to take care of him, get well soon, both of you!

Rebecca - haven't you heard? The baby is called "LeSpam" :D

OK - so, as mentioned I've been occupied with an illustration of the digestive system for my job - maybe I can post it later. Unfortunately the client doesn't like gory much but prefers clean, pink stuff - we'll see if I can make them happy!
Tomorrow I'll be back to work on my own stomach ... what a strange way to spend my free time, considering I do similar stuff at work :D

Rebeccak
01-10-2006, 04:58 PM
Gunie,

LeLoloSpamLite / Lelo~SpamLite? :scream:

Perhaps you can give the digestive tract the texture of cotton candy? Pink fur with dynamics! :bounce::scream:

scootermaya
01-10-2006, 05:07 PM
Gunie,

LeLoloSpamLite / Lelo~SpamLite? :scream:

Perhaps you can give the digestive tract the texture of cotton candy? Pink fur with dynamics! :bounce::scream:

Oauouw ! You're in a great mood today ! No, he tought his "Spamlite" to drink not to spam yet ! That's why they're all sik today ! :D

Rebeccak
01-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Orig posted by scootermaya: Oauouw ! You're in a great mood today ! No, he tought his "Spamlite" to drink not to spam yet ! That's why they're all sik today ! :D
Hehe, I'm always in a good mood! :D We must make sure that Lelo~SpamLite drinks up! Good for the bones! :bounce:

Lemog
01-11-2006, 06:15 AM
Scooter, Lolo - Haha, by coincidence, I'm working on the digestive system... perhaps that's what made Lemog sick? :scream:
Exactly Gunie... and today... it's not really better :shrug: :twisted: :D but Los is stronger than me it seem... hahahaha
By the way, that permit me to work much this night... to be sick can be useful sometimes...

...and good morning :wavey:

Lelo~SpamLite? :scream: that sounds odd... I can't imagine... :wise:

Rebeccak
01-11-2006, 06:30 AM
Lelo~SpamLite? :scream: that sounds odd... I can't imagine... :wise:
>>>Mini~Lolo<<< (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Totally%20Random/mini-lolo.jpg)? :scream:

Lemog
01-11-2006, 06:48 AM
>>>Mini~Lolo<<< (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Totally%20Random/mini-lolo.jpg)? :scream:
very frightened :scream: hahahaha :thumbsup:

you make great progress with Photoshop Beckie... congratulations :scream: MOAHAHAHAHAHAH huhu

Rebeccak
01-11-2006, 06:51 AM
Originally Posted by Lolo: very frightened :scream: hahahaha :thumbsup:

you make great progress with Photoshop Beckie... congratulations :scream: MOAHAHAHAHAHAH huhu
I've got skills...:wise: :scream:

Lemog
01-11-2006, 07:01 AM
I've got skills...
It's really visible... I amazed :scream: I must follow your way then, Beckie... :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-11-2006, 07:03 AM
:scream: It's very complicated...are you sure you can follow? :curious: :scream:

Zapan
01-11-2006, 07:08 AM
>>>Mini~Lolo<<< (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Totally%20Random/mini-lolo.jpg)?

Bouahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh :scream:
I see a chubby belly :eek: , even on the mini one .... hey Laurent , you did learn him how to drink ? :D

Gunilla
01-11-2006, 08:27 AM
Hey! What goes on in here!? This is a serious anatomy thread!

[/url] [url="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Totally%20Random/mini-lolo.jpg"]>>>Mini~Lolo<<< (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Totally%20Random/mini-lolo.jpg)? :scream:

Hahaha! I see, great one Becca! :thumbsup:

And good morning to you dear spam team :wavey: :D

Lemog
01-11-2006, 08:29 AM
hey Laurent , you did learn him how to drink ? :D
hahahaha... certainly one of the things I can do the better :scream: :shrug: hahahaha

Lemog
01-11-2006, 08:50 AM
Hey! What goes on in here!? This is a serious anatomy thread!

Only Anatomy here... nothing other as you can see ->

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/lemog/mini-lolo-ana.jpg

Gunilla
01-11-2006, 08:53 AM
Hahaha! And that ref pic will give me nightmares! :scream:

I'm so glad to see you're feeling better - your guts looks really healthy from here :D

makaron
01-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Hahaha! And that ref pic will give me nightmares! :scream:

me too.., me scared now... :D but at least the nut have the suit on :p

Rebeccak
01-11-2006, 12:12 PM
Good morning all...oh, I am crying! :scream:

Gunilla
01-11-2006, 03:01 PM
And now to something completely different (Monty Python voice) ...

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/full2.jpg

Finally a small update - did start with a fresh document to be able to place the organs in the right positions. Pancreas, kidneys, liver, aorta and more still missing, but I think I have the stuff in their right places now.
Will continue making organs and place them before I go to the most difficult part of making that hoolw Venus alive. Wish me luck! :)

Zapan
01-11-2006, 03:09 PM
OOOOHHHHH cross update !! :scream:

Yeah , seems really good to me , besides with the specular...looks like they are wet , :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Can't wait to see the next organ ... have to find another nick.... :bounce: :bounce:

Lemog
01-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I can't imagine how you can manage that in Zbrush Gunie... In any case... for your first work with this software... you kick my ass... :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Rebeccak
01-11-2006, 03:22 PM
Gunie,

Very cool! Snuck a quick peek...exciting to watch these internal developments! :bounce:

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
01-11-2006, 04:30 PM
A small update:
Added liver and gallbladder, also did a test for widening the opening, maybe flower shaped... that was rather common in the old works.

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/full3.jpg

Steph- thanks for the support, hmmm ... I really hope you're not thinking "Queen of Bladder" here :D

Laurent - Ah, thank you - so sweet ... not very impressive I think - but can perhaps become :)

Becca - cheers! Well here are some more, hope you like.
Like? What am I saying - who could like a gallbladder? :D

Anyways, you guys are the best support team ever :love:Makes me really motivated to squeeze in the spare time in this, much thank you!

Zapan
01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Two updates in ... in ... in the same day !! :buttrock:

Starting to make a lot of guys in here ... :bounce:
I'm not that sure about the flower shape ... sorry , I find you're loosing the art/medical kinda style ... too much gory for me (ok I'm young but still :D ) ...
I prefer the very first reference image you had , the old style chubby girl ... that kind of representation of the exposed inner parts works better IMHO.

I really hope you're not thinking "Queen of Bladder" here

mmh , tough one ... could you make another heart or another lung ? :p

Gunilla
01-11-2006, 09:19 PM
Two updates in ... in ... in the same day !! :buttrock:

Haha, yeah I know... crazy isn't it? :eek:

And I sort of agree with you on the flowery thing... I just wanted to show more. It was actually quite common in old medic pic - but for showing pregnancy. Intestines and a fetus surrounded by a flower. Very peculiar. :)

I plugged in my Wacom today and started to use it here... I got it some years ago but haven't had the motivation to train me to use it. Now when I see here how good things can be done - I feel like trying to learn that as well... nothing like new challenges, right?

Next organ will be pancreas - stay tuned for the thrill :D

Lemog
01-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Morning dear...

about the flower-belly-hole... my thoughts -> I like... and I don't like...

The idea sounds very good of course... a good way to show more.
The concept of the "flower" for a pregnant woman is strong and quiete good... but visualy, it's certainly not the better solution... like that, that's appear as torned, certainly not the goal.
And in over hand, you want to work in a particulary style of these years...
...and these representations usually show more things as opened, cuted as a door, or a square of skin, as a page curl... and why not, attached, drawn with needles or wire, do you know what I mean...
I think that permit you too have something more useful to display more inner parts, something more clear, and something always in the searched style.

Just my thoughts of the morning... hope that can help. It's the only help I can do for the moment... ZB is not already in me... :scream:

Courage for your hard "fast update cession" Gunie... :thumbsup:

makaron
01-12-2006, 06:13 AM
I like the flowerdesign, but it seems that the edges dont " could be sawn back to a bellyskin" now... if you understand... what I mean... bitarna ser inte ut passa ihop, in swedish...

otherwise its a treat to see this image grow... :bounce:

daWinky
01-12-2006, 06:52 AM
Good morning everyone!:)

Hey Gunilla,

great progress here with your anatomy model...and obviously with your zBrush skills:thumbsup: !

I second that it could be a good idea to show more inner parts, but I'm not so sure if the "flower-belly" is the best way...I agree with Laurent, perhaps you can find another solution:) .

Good to here that you give your Wacom another chance...let's see some more nice textures here!

Have a nice day:wavey:!

-sabrina

Zapan
01-12-2006, 07:02 AM
Good morning !!

Intestines and a fetus surrounded by a flower. Very peculiar. :)

Some kind of Anne Geddes art with intestines... :scream:

I plugged in my Wacom today and started to use it here... I got it some years ago but haven't had the motivation to train me to use it. Now when I see here how good things can be done - I feel like trying to learn that as well... nothing like new challenges, right?

Totally understand, the first time I got my wacom , it was kinda weird , at first I only used it to paint ... (so approximatively never :wise: ) And then I forced myself to use it with maya , and I have to admit , that I would be pretty much lost without it now... something like an habit I guess.

Anyway looking forward to the flower shape body story :p and also for the pancreas... :)
Have a great day .

Gunilla
01-12-2006, 08:15 AM
Good morning team :thumbsup:

Lolo - My thoughts exactly and sorry I should have been clearer. This was just playing and even if I find the idea of a flower I think it suits the pregnacy best. I will continue as my original, first ref - with an opening, probably cut up with page curl as you suggest. I just don't know how to do that in ZB yet... maybe it has to be made as a separate object.
As usual you put words to the right direction... always appreciated and welcome :)

Mona - see above, I was just running wild with the hook brush ... sometimes I just can't stop myself :)
BTW, have you been to the post office lately? I here they have some special treats right now ...

Sabrina - good morning! Yes, I hope this time to force myself into using it - When I work in PS I always use the pen tool and paths much to be able to control the shapes, but in ZB there are no pen or spline tools :banghead: So, it's seems like a good opportunity to switch habit.

Steph - good to know I'm not alone in finding that weird to use at first! And pancreas... arrgh, have to wait for some hours - I have to do some work stuff today, not much time to play with organs :D

Have a great day everyone!

makaron
01-12-2006, 08:36 AM
Mona - see above, I was just running wild with the hook brush ... sometimes I just can't stop myself :)
BTW, have you been to the post office lately? I here they have some special treats right now ...

ahh... now I know what the hook brush was about, hmmm takes time for a blondie some days... and understandable that you cant stop... I have been looking into ZB myself, a lot of fun things to play and run wild with... :)
and the mailman has not been here yet, a couple of hours until then... but now Im really waiting for the mail... :bounce: have no idea what Im waiting for, haha... but Im sure is gonna be a fun surprice, and I need some fun now... and BTW Sunny sqiucks and tell you, that she is OK, a bit lonely, but OK.

klia katten ...

and hoping to see more "bodywork" soon

Lemog
01-12-2006, 08:54 AM
but now Im really waiting for the mail... have no idea what Im waiting for, haha... but Im sure is gonna be a fun surprice, and I need some fun now...

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce::bounce:

:scream: hahahaha

knock-knock ? :wip:

Zapan
01-12-2006, 08:58 AM
http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifCOME ON MAILMAN !! http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifhttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif

makaron
01-12-2006, 09:03 AM
nope, no mailman yet... :p but Im sitting here by the window and looking for him... its about 2 hours until he usally comes... but if I stare hard enough,:bounce: he might come sooner... haha

daWinky
01-12-2006, 11:05 AM
nope, no mailman yet... :p but Im sitting here by the window and looking for him... its about 2 hours until he usally comes... but if I stare hard enough,:bounce: he might come sooner... haha

Still no mailman??? Come on, Swedish mail:bounce: ...Mona's waiting...:)
me too:p ...

-sabrina

DaddyMack
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
http://www.brainchilddigital.com/misc/snailmail_celestesneed.gif

........................................................................................

Lemog
01-12-2006, 11:40 AM
Great picture Robert... good choice... and really in the actual mood... but where is the snailswedishpostman ? :curious:

Gunilla
01-12-2006, 11:47 AM
Ahh! The Hanging-out-waiting-for-the-mailman-team! Good to see you all here :bounce:

Still no news? Maybe you should call Konsum Eken, Mona ... they might have the answer :wise:

And team, perhaps we should start the spam in Monas thread instead? Some pictures perhaps? :)

DaddyMack
01-12-2006, 11:49 AM
I fear for the postman... I can just imagine Mona... waiting... poised... ready to pounce... lol

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

makaron
01-12-2006, 12:44 PM
I went to the postoffice... and back home... and opened the package... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
your nuts!!!
I dont know really to thank now, all confused here... but HAPPY...
so Happy that I had to do something... so I went out in the snow and made a big snowangel
http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/engel/ANGEL_%7E11.GIF and then ran back in again...
WOW.. have no words... just stuned over peoples kindness... and who is the quilty ones? for this... :) Im lack of words, and that is not anything that happends often.
until then, back to the drawing... naaa.. have to do some more :bounce: of joy first...

THANKS... hmm feel strange to say thanks when Im not sure to who...haha..

Lemog
01-12-2006, 01:02 PM
Yeah... good news... you can thanks the postman now Mona :scream: :thumbsup:

Gunilla
01-12-2006, 01:11 PM
Great news - now, go look at your thread! :thumbsup:

... the mailman got us all nervous there for awhile...finally I can relax - enjoy, Mona :bounce:

Rebeccak
01-12-2006, 04:17 PM
I want to know the secret package contents! :cry:

DaddyMack
01-12-2006, 07:01 PM
I went to the postoffice... and back home... and opened the package... :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
your nuts!!!
I dont know really to thank now, all confused here... but HAPPY...
so Happy that I had to do something... so I went out in the snow and made a big snowangel
http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/engel/ANGEL_%7E11.GIF and then ran back in again...
WOW.. have no words... just stuned over peoples kindness... and who is the quilty ones? for this... :) Im lack of words, and that is not anything that happends often.
until then, back to the drawing... naaa.. have to do some more :bounce: of joy first...

THANKS... hmm feel strange to say thanks when Im not sure to who...haha..

Yoinksarama!... Go team!http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifhttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif

:bowdown: Again... Gunners You're a mirrorball to us all :bowdown:

Rebeccak
01-13-2006, 12:52 AM
This is one of the nicest things I've seen in a while. You guys really did something special, it made me smile a lot today. :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

erilaz
01-13-2006, 01:03 AM
Now that's some crazy anatomy action! Great job Gunilla! Wonderful to see people speading joy as well. Makes me feel good.:)

Gunilla
01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
Thank youy for spanning so cheerly my dear spam team - it's been some great days with this!
I'm also happy for "FrenchRubberSlaves" award - this was a good week to be here!

Martin - Thank you! Normally there is more work than joking here ..eh, who am I kidding? :)
Good to see you here - welcome back, comments and spamming always welcome :wavey:

So, today - finally I hope to at least get that pancreas made, it's friday night - what better could a woman ask for? :D

lotaH
01-13-2006, 12:54 PM
Hey, friends!! Great post!!

Congratualation Gunilla!

This style of drawing (of the Renaissance!!??) is most interesting of history.To work with it, shows knowledge. I study the drawings of architecture of this time!!!

I did not read all posts, but I intend to make this. Therefore, I like your work, principly with this subject.

Good luck :bowdown:

Zapan
01-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Knock, knock ? :scream: ahahahaha

It's starting to be really long :wip: :)

Gunilla
01-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Diego - Hi and thanks for liking the idea! Do you have any architecture WIP for your studies?
It would be interesting to see. I do take an interest in old time scientific and medical illustrtion, not only for it shows the view of art for that time but mostly since it says a lot of the view of what it meant to be a human. Many things that where perfectly normal then strucks us as quite bizarre ... I find it fascinating.

Steph - OK, OK - Queen of Snails, I got it :scream:

I've found out a decent way to make shortcuts for stills, meaning not modeling but 2,5 drawing parts... did a small pancreas yesterday just for testing. I will try something similar for my pic today - thanks for pushing :thumbsup:

Gunilla
01-14-2006, 11:25 AM
Some tests for drawing organs instead of modeling - what do you think? Pancreas looks good enough to eat ... perhaps to much jelly...hmmm

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/organ.jpg

Zapan
01-14-2006, 12:04 PM
Some tests for drawing organs instead of modeling - what do you think? Pancreas looks good enough to eat ... perhaps to much jelly...hmmm

Looks yummy :)
Now I'm the only one who hasn't drawing skills at all ...
Looks really good to me , but have you decided to draw your Venus ?
What about the ZB lerning session ?
Do you plan to mix them with your organs already done ?
What about your 6th finger ?
Do you like graps ?

:scream:

Gunilla
01-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Looks yummy :)
Now I'm the only one who hasn't drawing skills at all ...
Looks really good to me , but have you decided to draw your Venus ?
What about the ZB lerning session ?
Do you plan to mix them with your organs already done ?
What about your 6th finger ?
Do you like graps ?

:scream:

Haha- someone's filled with questions today :) And so good not to be the only one updating during the weekend!

Let's see:
Of course you got drawing skills, you just have to try it :thumbsup:
No, Venus will definitely be modeled and then painted - all in ZB
ZB learning session is going - this is drawn in zb directly, by using the ZB 2,5D painting tools!
Yeah, I probably do something with mixing now - some parts will be all 3d and some will be 2,5d (that's really 2d with a 3dlook, like bevel in PS) I've just started to model the kidneys so they will be all 3d too.
sixth finger is slowly aching :sad:
Definitely like grapes --- ouch, now you got me thinking of splitting pancreas again :D

One good thing I tried since I miss the control I have with splines/paths so much- is to make an B&W drawing in PS using the Pen tool, then importing it and use it as an alpha brush in ZB - I probably to the veins and arterys for her in this way - stay tuned!
OK - back to the kidneys then :wavey:

lotaH
01-14-2006, 12:35 PM
Diego - Hi and thanks for liking the idea! Do you have any architecture WIP for your studies?
It would be interesting to see. I do take an interest in old time scientific and medical illustrtion, not only for it shows the view of art for that time but mostly since it says a lot of the view of what it meant to be a human. Many things that where perfectly normal then strucks us as quite bizarre ... I find it fascinating.

I do not have WIP in architecture (or finished).:cry: My CG is no good!!

I have much thing in books, but I can bring some thing later.

I taste to work with these three models of:
Perspective
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/CampidoglioEng.jpg
Ratio
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/47/379px-Vignolafiveorders.jpg
Symmetry
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/94/Andrea_palladio_fourth_book_image.jpg

These are drawings that I searched very fast in the InterNet, have much more, and better.:)

[]'s

Rebeccak
01-14-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Gunie:
http://www.bitspin.net/wip/organ.jpg
Great image, Gunie! :bounce:Were you using Lolo's half~pancreas for Reference? :scream: Good thing you can mirror one half in Photoshop! :scream:

Beautiful work! :thumbsup:

Gunilla
01-14-2006, 02:01 PM
Diego - these are beautiful buildings! I think you should start a WIP with your work, that is a good way to improve :thumbsup:
I'm a big fan of renaissance gardens... perhaps that could be another project.

Becca - thanks! Nope, this is not Lolos pancreas - I thought it better to use a fresh one :D

So, working in ZB already goes very fast, I'm happy about the developement so far - here are some kidneys. Placed in the body - unfortunately they will not be seen at all so I show them like this only for fun.

Am I turning into a real Nut? Modeling things that will not be seen? Can it be the company I keep? :eek:

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/kidneys.jpg

Next will be a new colon I think ... not happy with the current one and I'm trying to avoid starting with Venus :blush:

Rebeccak
01-14-2006, 02:17 PM
Gunie,

It might be cool to have the skin be transparent ~ then we could see all of your cool work! A shame to hide it really...and if this is to be a still Illustration, there are all sorts of Photoshop tricks you could easily employ. :thumbsup:

Zapan
01-14-2006, 02:37 PM
It might be cool to have the skin be transparent ~ then we could see all of your cool work! A shame to hide it really

Agree with that ...
Great Kidneys !! I just can't wait to see all gathered in the body.
Is Venus scares you ? why ? (I have to stop asking some much questions :banghead: )

scootermaya
01-14-2006, 02:55 PM
mmmmmmhhhh ... it's really ... eeehhh ... nice?

At this point, it is very instructive :wise:
Well, I like it more and more :thumbsup: ( it just reminds me that I did'nt have my lunch break:D )

Keep it up sweet Gunni , we can wait for Venus !

makaron
01-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Am I turning into a real Nut? Modeling things that will not be seen? Can it be the company I keep? :eek:

the nutcompany has strange effect on people :D Im drawing a lot of fur that dont show later, can I create a furcompany then... haha... :p

but really fun to see it all now, even if it not gonna show later :)

Gunilla
01-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Good morning friends! :)

Beckie- The transparent skin solution might be really good, thanks! I've also considered making it with layers,either as a animeted gif or maybe a Flash, kind of the ones made with different layers printed on transparent film that you can flip? If it all goes well and I don't get tired of it ... perhaps a couple of different versions will be fun to do.

Steph - haha, yes ... I always seems to hesitate before starting a big or crucial part of a project, sniffing around, thinking... don't know why really. Remember my fetus modeling? :scream:

Michel - I'm so glad you find it instructive :D In the end, I hope it to become, if not nice so maybe...interesting?

Mona - good to hear I'm not alone in that then. It's something really nice of just being in a process with something, without no distinct goal ... and best part, no deadline! :bounce:

Zapan
01-15-2006, 09:16 AM
The transparent skin solution might be really good, thanks! I've also considered making it with layers,either as a animeted gif or maybe a Flash, kind of the ones made with different layers printed on transparent film that you can flip? If it all goes well and I don't get tired of it ... perhaps a couple of different versions will be fun to do.

What about a movie :p

haha, yes ... I always seems to hesitate before starting a big or crucial part of a project, sniffing around, thinking... don't know why really. Remember my fetus modeling?

Oh yeah I remember , so don't use the laundry excuse again :D

Gunilla
01-15-2006, 03:39 PM
What about a movie :p

hmm... payback for my rigging muscles suggestion? :D

Oh yeah I remember , so don't use the laundry excuse again :D

Does a hang-over count? :hmm:

I've been seriously tired today... birthday party yesterday (not mine)
But I have modeled a colon:bounce:I'm beginning to feel like ZB is a really good tool for me, more intuitive, once the first confusion is passed ... still very fun!

Zapan
01-15-2006, 05:53 PM
hmm... payback for my rigging muscles suggestion?
Ahaha , kind of , but It's fairly to push you to make something huge , to not leave me alone if you finish yours before I finish mine ... ... ... did that sound convincing ? :scream: ahahaha ...

Does a hang-over count? :hmm:
I've been seriously tired today... birthday party yesterday (not mine)

There you go !! here's a good one :thumbsup:
Much more believable that the laundry one , or the : Muffen ate my scanner one :D

Looking forward for that colon (ewwww) :)

daWinky
01-16-2006, 05:47 AM
But I have modeled a colon:bounce:I'm beginning to feel like ZB is a really good tool for me, more intuitive, once the first confusion is passed ... still very fun!

Good morning!

We can see that you begin to feel familiar with ZB...some really good updates:thumbsup: !
You are already planning different versions:eek: !? Well, I'm looking forward to see them all...but first: let us see the new colon and of course the Venus:) ...

Have a nice day!

-sabrina

Lemog
01-16-2006, 07:35 AM
Morning Gunie... as I can see... much work and much interesting tests with ZB... I particulary appreciate the jelly pancreas... mmmmh :thumbsup:

The process alwasy seem very different with ZB... must forget all our olds 3d skills to really progress with this tool... but you're always on it... that sounds good for the future steps... go Gunie :bounce:

Gunilla
01-16-2006, 03:06 PM
A late good morning to you all! :)

Steph - OK. it's a deal then - we'll push eachother to do some real masterpieces here :thumbsup:

Sabrina - ha! Well, perhaps not different versions as much as alternates routes to take... I'm still testing a lot so what will be in the end is a real surprise... especially for me :)
How goes you painting? Are you in any of the threads here?

Lolo - I'm glad you like the pancreas, it's maybe not so realistic but not disgusting at all... which is what I'm after here.
So when are you jumping in with ZB? And you also won a new modeler, right?

I'm totally swamped with work right now - the updates will go in snailspeed, I suppose I'm taking over after Steph now, since he's become so speedy :scream:

scootermaya
01-16-2006, 03:29 PM
A late good morning to you all! :)

Steph - OK. it's a deal then - we'll push eachother to do some real masterpieces here :thumbsup:

"Mornign" Hahahahaha !

You guys are tough with us ... you are allways doing masterpieces:thumbsup:

Lolo - I'm glad you like the pancreas, it's maybe not so realistic but not disgusting at all... which is what I'm after here.

Hhhuuummmmm ... I'm trying to look at my pancreas ... mmmrrrgggggghhhhh ! It is difficult, but I think it does look like that, no?:scream:

makaron
01-17-2006, 06:51 AM
I'm totally swamped with work right now - the updates will go in snailspeed, I suppose I'm taking over after Steph now, since he's become so speedy :scream:

the Lung: hmmm... I wonder...im thinking...
the Pancreas: can you think! :eek: thought that was the brains job...
the Lung: nope, Venus has no brain yet, so thats my job...
the Kidney: do you glow when you think also?
the Lung: no... I dont think so... but do you guys think that we can say mrs.Snail? :p
the Pancreas: mmm mrs.Sanil are our creator, or tell that boss, no more job, we need to progress here...
the Kidney: an update :bounce: soon I hope...

Lemog
01-17-2006, 06:58 AM
Morning Gunie... :)

Realistic, don't know exactly... maybe mine is like that :D

So when are you jumping in with ZB? And you also won a new modeler, right?
About ZB... I start a little the last week... but already stoped :shrug:
...and about Modo... mmmh... what can I say... who want it ? :blush: :scream: hahaha

I really know that actually... and lot of waves in the motivation :hmm:

Gunilla
01-17-2006, 07:19 AM
Morning! ;)

So, two votes for the pancreas being totally realistic, thank you guys! :D
I knew there was a point in making things that are hard to check for accuracy..

Lolo - I don't like the sounds of waves in motivation ... I hope it's for the job and not for your project?
And please, don't give up on ZB .... I think it might work well for you, just give it some time.

Mona - Oh dear, intesines going wild, starts to blabber, I need a holiday :eek:

makaron
01-17-2006, 07:34 AM
Mona - Oh dear, intesines going wild, starts to blabber, I need a holiday :eek:

but, but.. I thought everyody hears them talking, or ist my pen that pick up strange soundswaves... :eek: or is my brain full of fur? or ist just my blondiegens? :D I feel in my guts that I would need a relaxing holiday too...

still hope that you get time for some updates... soon... :bounce:

scootermaya
01-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Morning! ;)

So, two votes for the pancreas being totally realistic, thank you guys! :D
I knew there was a point in making things that are hard to check for accuracy..

3 ! Mine is like that too !

Lolo - I don't like the sounds of waves in motivation ... I hope it's for the job and not for your project?
And please, don't give up on ZB .... I think it might work well for you, just give it some time.

Naaaaa, neither one, Lemog not motivated ? IMPOSSIBLE (but french:D ).
Hey! Lolo! let's have a drink soon!:beer:

scootermaya
01-17-2006, 07:52 AM
but, but.. I thought everyody hears them talking, or ist my pen that pick up strange soundswaves... :eek: or is my brain full of fur? or ist just my blondiegens? :D I feel in my guts that I would need a relaxing holiday too...

still hope that you get time for some updates... soon... :bounce:

That's a good idea! Let's make a fur brain ! (I love to see yours! Hahahaha)

Zapan
01-17-2006, 08:07 AM
Morning Queen !

So, two votes for the pancreas being totally realistic, thank you guys!

... and one vote for grapes ... YUMMY :p , perfect breakfast .
Since I never see any pancreas for real I prefer see it as a treat ...

Have a great day :) :wavey:

scootermaya
01-17-2006, 08:11 AM
Morning Queen !

... and one vote for grapes ... YUMMY :p , perfect breakfast .
Since I never see any pancreas for real I prefer see it as a treat ...

Have a great day :) :wavey:

Maaaiiiis ssiiiii ... look at yours !:argh:

Gunilla
01-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Mona - just wait until all your furhairs starts talking to eachother... then you need a holiday :D

3 ! Mine is like that too !
Thanks dear, I had already counted yours... so now we have two pancreas and one grapes...

Steph- Did I say pancreas? I meant pancakes of course, now that's a perfect breakfast!

OK. Only to show I'm not tottaly dropped this - here is the new colon, made a rough shape with a loft object in MAX imported into ZB and added the bulges. Total time, maybe an hour? I know for sure I wouldn't get a result as fast as this in Max, so now I'm convinced. This will stay in my toolbox for sure.

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/colon.jpg

Sorry for those easily disgusted ... this looks a bit grouse, I admit... will have to give it some beauty shader later :D

Looks like I will get even more work... I exoect a freelance gig coming in - 3 illustrations, and that will probably keep me busy for a while. I don't know yet how much time I will get for it so hopefully there will be some minutes left for sculpting intestines.

I'm pretty sure I will have the time to stalk you all in your threads though :twisted:

Zapan
01-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Hi there !! great update !

That colon looks pretty nice ... :curious: wait, if someone ask you , I never said that sentence :argh: :D
and... and what ? only one hour ? speedy queenie Gunie then :eek: ...
so Venus' turn now I guess ... ready ... get set .... Go !

Looks like I will get even more work... I exoect a freelance gig coming in - 3 illustrations, and that will probably keep me busy for a while. I don't know yet how much time I will get for it so hopefully there will be some minutes left for sculpting intestines.

Don't know if I either should be happy or sad for you , but at least I feel something about it ahahah (nevermind I'm silly today) :argh:
So intestines in an halfhour this time sounds correct , don't you think ?

Rebeccak
01-17-2006, 05:22 PM
Beautiful work, Gunie! Do any of your illustrations have to do with Anatomy? Can you post your work here? :D

Gunilla
01-17-2006, 05:45 PM
Hi there !! great update !

That colon looks pretty nice ... :curious: wait, if someone ask you , I never said that sentence :argh: :D

Haha, I think it's the first time someone told me I've got a pretty colon :scream:

... ahhmm, well, maybe Venus is next now...no, wait - there is also the bladder :thumbsup:
and the aorta, and all the veins... and so on, don't worry - I wont finish before you do.

Beckie - thank you! I haven't got the details yet - but it's cancer related, probably cell or molecular level. Might put it here, have to do them first ... and first of all close the deal (hoping wildly) Keep your fingers crossed friends, I really need this job.

Rebeccak
01-17-2006, 05:48 PM
Best of luck, Gunie! You really deserve it! :bounce:

Zapan
01-17-2006, 05:53 PM
:thumbsup: :bounce:

Best of luck sweetie (http://www.members.lycos.nl/henkerenstein/September/Fingers-crossed.jpg)

http://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifhttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifhttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifhttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gifhttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif

makaron
01-17-2006, 06:09 PM
crossing my fingers, :bounce:holding my thumb :bounce:

and wish really hard that you get that job.... :bounce:

and the 34st hairfur said to the 567th furhair...

34st: we holding all the fur for good luck here too...
567th: yeah.. we sure do :p

erilaz
01-17-2006, 11:20 PM
Great to know your work is paying off Gunilla! Good luck!

GonzaloGolpe
01-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Haha, I think it's the first time someone told me I've got a pretty colon :scream:- Gunilla

Cool:scream: One question came to my mind right now,hehe. Why "colon" is called colon?...Its because of Cristobal Coln?...( To myself: Zalo youd better go to your bed and sleep, its too late dude:D )

┤ Zalo

Lemog
01-18-2006, 07:33 AM
Morning Gunie...
...impressive... the time to make this perfect colon is really impressive... even for me... this new tool appear very "natural" for you now... I'm veery happy to see that... your learn fast and feel good finally really fast... a very good point for your future creations.

Well... I wish you the best of luck... that will give an another beautiful work I mean... :thumbsup:

...a nice artists day for you Gunie :arteest:

One question came to my mind right now,hehe. Why "colon" is called colon?...Its because of Cristobal Coln?...( To myself: Zalo youd better go to your bed and sleep, its too late dude:D )

moahahaha... I think too that the bed remain the best solution for you Zalo... :scream: hahaha

daWinky
01-18-2006, 08:15 AM
Morning Gunilla,

good work with your...ah, no, with this colon, really fast now...and of course I whish you luck to make the deal...:beer: !
Have a nice day:wavey: !

-sabrina

Gunilla
01-18-2006, 08:34 AM
Morning friends!

Beckie, Mona, Steph, Martin - thank you so much for cheering, means a lot :)

Cool:scream: One question came to my mind right now,hehe. Why "colon" is called colon?...Its because of Cristobal Coln?...( To myself: Zalo youd better go to your bed and sleep, its too late dude:D )

Zalo - haha, interesting theory! Perhaps you should do some research on the topic? Or maybe just go to sleep :)

Lolo - thank you! I'm glad if I can perhaps inspire you to walk the route of ZB with me... :)
And the best of days for you too - with lots of work done!

Sabrina - thank you for the sheering and well wishes!

Hope to maybe have some time today... we'll see!

GonzaloGolpe
01-18-2006, 10:34 AM
Uahhh, good morning!!...whats that?....colon?Who wrote that colon thing?...(mode whistle: on:D )

Have an excellent and productive inspiration day!:thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-18-2006, 02:19 PM
Morning, Gunie! :wavey:

I've just seen makaron's hairy GP thread, looks like you are partly responsible for this abundance of fur :curious: :scream:...have a nice day today. :)

Lemog
01-18-2006, 02:29 PM
...abundance of fur ?

...certainly not my fault :p :scream:

Rebeccak
01-18-2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by fur~responsible Lolo:...abundance of fur ?

...certainly not my fault :p :scream:
Are you so sure? :curious: :scream:

A hairy GP says otherwise...:wise:

Gunilla
01-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Zalo - Can't wait to hear the jokes I expect when it's time for the bladder :scream:
Have a great day too!

Beckie - Morning! Oh, fur running wild - is it? It can't be my fault - I only take responsibility for organs on the run :D

Lolo - You got all your fur intact? That is good - then you don't have to be cold now that it's winter :)

Beckie - :D

So, I'm glad - I got the assignment I was hoping for, not as big as I thought, just some days, but its the right kind of assignment for the right kind of client so I'm happy. It's really complicated though - I'm spending the day with trying to understand different proteins functions in the cell and how they can trigger cancer... I like it when I have to learn something new - I'm much to lazy if not forced :)

So, this means no updates for some days now :cry:

Rebeccak
01-18-2006, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Gunie: So, I'm glad - I got the assignment I was hoping for, not as big as I thought, just some days, but its the right kind of assignment for the right kind of client so I'm happy. It's really complicated though - I'm spending the day with trying to understand different proteins functions in the cell and how they can trigger cancer... I like it when I have to learn something new - I'm much to lazy if not forced :)

So, this means no updates for some days now :cry:
Congrats, Gunie! :bounce:Of course you deserve it! Best of luck with the project, and the spam will be waiting for you when you return. :D :)

Are you sure you can stay away? :D

Gunilla
01-18-2006, 03:29 PM
Are you sure you can stay away? :D

haha! I said no updates only, didn't mention spam :scream:

And thanks for the congrats:beer:

Zapan
01-18-2006, 04:18 PM
Great news :bounce: :bounce: Big congratshttp://images.leportailweb.com/clips/smiley/ipb/cheer.gif...

haha! I said no updates only, didn't mention spam
Right answer , I love when you talk like that :wise: :scream:

makaron
01-18-2006, 06:02 PM
http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/wee_hee5.gif

...congrats... Grattis...

GonzaloGolpe
01-18-2006, 09:37 PM
Congrats, Gunilla!!:thumbsup:

(Makaron, at last I can say to you that your avatar is COOL!!hahah I love it!!:scream: )

Lemog
01-19-2006, 05:33 AM
My morning congratulations for you Gunie... as I can see... you're completly exciting by this project... good... and happy to learn more... great :thumbsup: and totally in you universe, better :bounce:

That promised to be really passionating for you... with the good part of motivation... all will be here... the recipe to work happy... :)

daWinky
01-19-2006, 07:04 AM
Good morning Gunilla!

Glad to hear that the project is yours! :)
So have a good start with it and a good start in the day!:bounce: We can wait a little longer for the bladder...:scream:

-sabrina

Gunilla
01-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Steph - I promise - I'm aware of my duties - nothing can stop me from spamming :wise:
Especially when it comes to push someone that is snailing... (subtle hint) :D

Mona - thanks and cool smiley :scream:

Zalo - thanks!

Lolo - thanks and yes... much since this client might mean more work in the future - you know how much I'd like to go back to freelancing. Well, one step at the time :)

Sabie - thank you - and thanks for your patience regarding the bladder :D

I woke up ill today - hit by a virus of some sort ... so I will spend the day either with reading Harry Potter or watching old cartoons on TV. hmmm, maybe both.

Have a good day all, I probably can raise enough energy to spam some :)

lotaH
01-19-2006, 10:59 AM
Other very interesting medieval illustrations are the maps...brave!!

As that: :eek: :eek: :eek:

http://college.hmco.com/history/west/mosaic/chapter9/images/fools_map.jpg

Good look Gunilla!! :thumbsup:

Lemog
01-19-2006, 11:26 AM
Very good ancient illustration Diego :thumbsup: really in the actual mood :scream:

Zapan
01-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Hi there !
Sorry to hear you're sick ... mmh but that's a great excuse for snaling and to not go outside (cold , windy , snowy , brrrr)
I guess the last sentence of your post can be related to the very first one though :)

Especially when it comes to push someone that is snailing... (subtle hint)
Who ? I'm afraid to not be smart enough to understand that hint..
But my mouse became alive and I have to run after all over the place, to catch it and to be able to do some anatomy modeling :wise:

Have a great snailing day , say hi to Harry and Muffen :wavey:

Lemog
01-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Damned... Im' always so bad in english... while reading you Gunie... I don't understand you're sick... so sad... take care... some rest and good reading... :bounce: :love:

Gunilla
01-19-2006, 04:22 PM
Diego - Wonderful image, thanks! It's very much in style with my ref images... sort of absurd and scientific at the same time - really cool :)

Steph - aha...? chasing the mouse now? Have the snail become a kitten? :D

Have a great snailing day , say hi to Harry and Muffen :wavey:

Sure will! eh... wait a minute, who's Harry? :surprised

Lolo - ahhh... no problem, I know you're thinking of me anyway - thanks dear :love:

Some almost good news then: I feel better... but not good enough to go to work tomorrow :twisted:
Perhaps Venus will finally get some working at. :thumbsup:

Thanks all for your interest!

Lemog
01-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Morning Gunie... and I hope with this morning, your ill feeling will go away...

of course I think to you... as proof... now, the Swedish Pavilion is certainly well placed for the first selected ones... always miss lot of details, but I found yesterday more intested informations.

A better nice day for you and you health :wavey:

Gunilla
01-20-2006, 07:50 AM
Good morning, Laurent... and yes, I'm better today - thank you.
How fun you're starting with the swedish! I've been looking for refs but haven't found any but now I take a deeper look. Perhaps there is something in the royal library.

Good luck for your start - I'm so looking forward to see it develop :thumbsup:

Lemog
01-20-2006, 10:00 AM
Good news about your health Gunie... You're not at work I hope ?

Thanks for your searches... actually... I'm really in the Paris i vrldsutstllning 1900 :D :thumbsup:
...and as you can imagine... it's not very easy for me... hahahaha don't know really why :banghead:

Gunilla
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Good news about your health Gunie... You're not at work I hope ?

Thanks for your searches... actually... I'm really in the Paris i vrldsutstllning 1900 :D :thumbsup:
...and as you can imagine... it's not very easy for me... hahahaha don't know really why :banghead:

Nope, I'm still at home - unforunately boss forced me to do some urgent updates (why is it that our work always is the urgent?) so I had to spend the morning working... :banghead:

What happened to your swedish lessons from the challenge? Not a good little student anymore? :twisted:

haha, don't worry - I help you out as much as I can!

scootermaya
01-20-2006, 11:23 AM
It's interresting to see that we are waiting month for some answers ... and when you finally get the job it's for yesterday morning !
I have kept this stressfull situation for so long ... and now I inclued the time aspect in the deal:buttrock: . Makes my life better, and I can get more jobs (except that now I'm late everyware ! Hahahahaha )

Lemog
01-20-2006, 11:26 AM
unforunately boss forced me to do some urgent updates (why is it that our work always is the urgent?) :banghead:
mmmh... the same probleme everywhere... :hmm:

lotaH
01-20-2006, 11:50 AM
mmmh... the same probleme everywhere... :hmm:

I thought that happened only with me....:D

[]'s

Rebeccak
01-20-2006, 12:21 PM
Morning, Gunie, :wavey:

Feeling better today? :) Hoping your freelance project is going well...should be really beautiful!

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
01-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Scooter - Yeah, I know... that's the good thing about freelancing, at least you get paid for it.

Michel,Lolo, Diego - Good to know I'm not alone ... sometimes it seems so strange that everyone thinks that making the images or design is the only part in a project that doesn't require time planned.
My boss is also the writer for most my designjobs - a wonderful situation :rolleyes:

Beckie - good morning! :wavey: I have sent the concept sketches for the freelance gig, and will have comments and hopefully a go-ahead next week. I think I understood the topic after some studying, we'll see.

So, finally I've opened my project again - here are all the organs collected and placed, now only remains veins and arterys + of course Venus herself... I'll skip bladder and ovarys etc. since I don't intend to open her up that low - at least that's the plan for today. I might have to do the final comp in PS - I don't exactly know how to solve a well controled transparency in ZB...yet.

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/inner.jpg

Rebeccak
01-20-2006, 02:06 PM
Gunie,

Wow, that is amazing! :arteest:A little post / PS work to soften some edges here and there...and you will have a really beautiful piece (well, it's beautiful already). :)

~Rebeccak

alancamara
01-20-2006, 02:20 PM
My God, what are you doing? Wow amazing work. A lot details, ZB? Sorry Gunie, I lost this:sad:. But, I'm waiting to more my friend :thumbsup:

Zapan
01-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Hey , Gunilla :bounce:

Great to see the fruit salad is complete :D
And you've even done the ribcage :surprised awesome !

Can't wait to see the Venus ... ahhh the Venus :wip:

I'll keep my fingers crossed for your freelance work :)

makaron
01-21-2006, 10:48 AM
well, its a lot of gutstuff in a little Venus... :scream: and seems to me that you got everything in the right place... snyggt jobbat
vill se mera, mera.... wanna see more :bounce:

Gunilla
01-21-2006, 05:25 PM
Beckie - thanks, and yes - I still haven't figured out how to get rid of the hard edges in ZB ... will need to go through the rendering chapter. But it will be more efficient to comp in PS anyway... whenever that day comes :)

Alan - Hi there! haha, you find it a strange idea? I'm trying to make some stuff for my medical portfolio... glad you like it!

Steph - Fruitsalad? Ribcage? ... are you cooking again? :D
Thanks for your wishes, well needed :thumbsup:

Mona - yep, Venus got guts all right ... but as for now, no finished body yet.

I've been slacking today - playing in ZB to test different stuff, throwing balls to the cat, watching the snow storm outside ... a good day :)

thank you all for your interest, it keeps me going with this :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-21-2006, 06:48 PM
Morning, Gunie, :wavey:

Nice to see you here on the weekend! :) It will definitely be interesting to see how you integrate the interior guts and organs with Venus...Boticelli would be proud, don't you think? :D

Looking forward to your updates! :)

Cheers,

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
01-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Morning Beckie, Spam Team... :)

Of course I'm here on the weekends - that's when I have time for my own stuff.
I ahd to leave Venus to do some less serious playing - trying some of the texturing capabilities (but mostly having fun)
A bit OT perhaps ... but anyway:

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/fisk.jpg

Rebeccak
01-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Morning Gunie! :wavey:

LOL, that is hilarious!! :applause: The texture on the body of the fish is fantastic...but his facial expression seems a little unhappy? Perhaps Mr. Fishy is in a bad mood? :D

Priceless! :bounce::scream:

~Rebeccak