PDA

View Full Version : Anatomy Thread of Gunilla - 3D

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Zapan
01-22-2006, 03:11 PM
:surprised .... :scream: :scream: :scream: :scream:

Looks like a candy !! :D except teeth maybe ..

Great textures tho , is it painting ?

awesome stuff Gunie , maybe you can add it to Venus anyway ...
like a bladder fishy ... WARNING ... GORE ALERT

:thumbsup:

Have a great day , :) :wavey:

Gunilla
01-22-2006, 03:54 PM
Beckie - haha, yes, he is in a bad mood I think... but he was fun and quite fast to make. Glad you like :)

Steph - Nope, that fish is not coming near to my intestines - promise :scream:
Yes, it's all painted in ZB. It's interesting to see how different apps invites you to do different kind of work - I don't think I ever would have done something like this in MAX... and if I would it would have taken much longer. It's both fun and a bit frustrating to discover that it's the app thats steer me instead of the other way around :D
I suppose it's all a matter of choosing the right app for each task.

makaron
01-22-2006, 09:20 PM
cute little fishy.. :wip: är det kattmat? :p

daWinky
01-23-2006, 05:26 AM
Morning everyone!

Hey Gunilla, I've just seen your latest inner-parts-update (I'm not here on the weekend:blush: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)) and I'm really impressed now!
You want to show the veins and arteries too?
I'm curious to watch the next steps...btw: nice fishy texture...

Have a good start in the week:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)!

-sabrina

Rebeccak
01-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Morning, daWinky, :)

So...when do we get to see your Anatomy Thread? :)

Cheers, :D

~Rebeccak

Lemog
01-23-2006, 05:54 AM
Morning honey... I think now you finish to ashamed me... and so jealous with your progress in ZB... I don't know if it's true... but when I saw your 2 latest pictures, it seem you seem particulary feel well with this software now... and you really play with it...

...well... I can't imagine the freaky museum you will have in few months :scream: hahaha

Have you trying the Special Snail-Brush ? :)

daWinky
01-23-2006, 07:15 AM
Morning, daWinky, :)

So...when do we get to see your Anatomy Thread? :)

Cheers, :D

~Rebeccak

Morning Becca:) ,

You don't really want to see my attempts in a whole thread yet, believe me...:scream:

My progress with the human anatomy is poor, but whensoever I see regular work is not going on, I make a visit in the local zoo, so I've gathered a lot of animal sketches:D ...If I find some time, I want to refine them to improve my painting skills...so the best in the next time I could show is my little zoo:blush: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)...so it's better for me to spam Gunilla's great work here!

-sabrina

Gunilla
01-23-2006, 07:17 AM
Morning team!

Mona - thanks! :) If I gave this to the cat I think he would protest!

Sabrina - thank you! Yes, that is the idea - at least some. I've made some tests with stencil painting for this - ZB crashes a lot with this so I have't solved it yet... perhaps I will do som PS work here. And as for the fish texture - it's really fun to be able to paint textures without the pain of UnWrapping!

Beckie - I wonder that too :)

Laurent - haha. the snail brush is in constant use I assure you! And yes, I'm surprised as how fun I find this - as I said it invites me to play in a way that I didn't expect... it maight be long before I do a finished piece!

Hey - my thread got stars! Thank you friends... have a great day everyone, I'm rushing away to the office now. :wavey:

Rebeccak
01-23-2006, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by sabrina: Morning Becca:) ,

You don't really want to see my attempts in a whole thread yet, believe me...:scream:

My progress with the human anatomy is poor, but whensoever I see regular work is not going on, I make a visit in the local zoo, so I've gathered a lot of animal sketches:D ...If I find some time, I want to refine them to improve my painting skills...so the best in the next time I could show is my little zoo:blush: (http://misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)...so it's better for me to spam Gunilla's great work here!
You know, we have several threads to which you could post if you are shy (ha!) about posting your work...I seem to remember an awesome Spectacular entry from not too far back...:D

3D DIGITAL ARTISTS (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257442)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257442

Creature Designers - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257600)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=257600

Animals - 2D / 3D TRADITIONAL AND DIGITAL (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=258113)
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=258113

Post away! Or post your own Anatomy Thread. Totally up to you. :)

Have a great day, Gunie! :wavey:

Cheers, :)

~Rebeccak

Zapan
01-23-2006, 07:32 AM
Morning girls :bounce: :scream:

painting textures without unwrapping ? oh that's the point finally :twisted: !! Gosh , ZB is really different , but in a wonderful way ... and it's great to see that it pushes you to try different things :thumbsup:
Office day hu ? .... I guess you had to go back there one day :)

Have great day !

and Beckie's right , we should see an anatomy thread of Flossy here ...

Lemog
01-23-2006, 07:39 AM
Congratulations for you five stars dear... it's certainly the mark of the new GunieZB power :thumbsup:

:applause:

daWinky
01-23-2006, 10:15 AM
You know, we have several threads to which you could post if you are shy (ha!) about posting your work...I seem to remember an awesome Spectacular entry from not too far back...:D
Post away! Or post your own Anatomy Thread. Totally up to you. :)
~Rebeccak

Thank's for the links, I've to admit that I've not seen this animal thread before...and why "ha", I am shy...:D

Originally posted by Zapan
and Beckie's right , we should see an anatomy thread of Flossy here ...

You too, Stéphane...Why everyone wants to push me to a anatomy thread:scream: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)...I'm bad in drawing and painting and never had any artistic education:cry: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#) - I've studied physics when finished the school and more than 15 years later I began to study informatics, but I quit this when I discovered 3d cg:) and just tried to teach myself as much as possible...and I'm still learning...Anatomy is just something to fill up all the missed basics...and of course it is fun! But you won't see my own thread here in the next time...it's more fun to watch your working here:D !

But to proof that I'm a bloody beginner I'll join the new OFDW 12...:twisted:

Sorry for occupying your thread to answer, Gunilla, and: congrats for the deserved stars!

-sabrina

makaron
01-23-2006, 10:29 AM
hej Gunilla.. I see that you a star these days... :)
well done :thumbsup: and well deserved... :bounce:

and Sabrina, just so you know. I`m shy too, and uneducated, but that does not stop me :p
and the 2 of us could start a anatomy-fur thread together. to balance all these human drawings and human 3Ds. we need more fur around here, donīt you think ;)

Lemog
01-23-2006, 10:49 AM
hahaha.. so good :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-23-2006, 12:28 PM
Originally Posted by daWinky

:bounce:Yay! It's okay to be shy...throw me into the Maya forums, and you will see me hiding behind someone's skirts! :scream:

Gunilla
01-23-2006, 01:52 PM
Hello team! Ah, I see some good things have been decided here today - Sabrinas first entrance for the anatomy forum - yippi :bounce:

M. Brouty - yep, to be able to skip the UnWrapping thing is really a big difference for me, as I've said earlier I almost only use procedural shaders in MAX, much due to avoid the horrifying UnWr :eek: This is really a totally new way for me to work.

Sabrina - no problem - you can post here as much as you like... I will probably spam wildly when you get yours... ;)
physic, eh? that's cool - must be very useful for certain 3d things, like dynamics and such - am I right? It will also be great if you decide to go for some science work - nothing beats a theoretical education in that area. I wish I had one myself - maybe in biotechnics...
Lolo - ZBpower... hmm, perhaps a bit to soon to say - but thanks for cheering :love:

Mona - thanks and yes, an anatomy fur thread is surely missing here :thumbsup: :)

All your nice words made me a bit overly bold today - I need to do a rush sketch of fatcells and decided to do it in ZB ... not a good idea :banghead: Thank god there's always the safe retreat of PS to save the day - could use some elements from ZB though and learned some new things so the time wasn't completely wasted.

daWinky
01-24-2006, 09:24 AM
Morning everyone!

Originally Posted by makaron
and Sabrina, just so you know. I`m shy too, and uneducated, but that does not stop me :p

Obviously nothing can stop you, Mona:D ! And yes, we need more fur around here!

Hello team! Ah, I see some good things have been decided here today - Sabrinas first entrance for the anatomy forum - yippi :bounce:

It seems that I can't get around this now...:scream:

physic, eh? that's cool - must be very useful for certain 3d things, like dynamics and such - am I right? It will also be great if you decide to go for some science work - nothing beats a theoretical education in that area. I wish I had one myself - maybe in biotechnics...

May be you are a little faster to get some technical or science related stuff, but you always have to look for specific background information and references for every project:shrug: ...so an average good school education in natural sciences is enough I think...you do it the other way around and this seems to be the better one:) , I wish I had some more artistic education...I needed hours for this odd OFDW sketch...:rolleyes:

-sabrina

Gunilla
01-24-2006, 02:11 PM
May be you are a little faster to get some technical or science related stuff, but you always have to look for specific background information and references for every project:shrug: ...so an average good school education in natural sciences is enough I think...you do it the other way around and this seems to be the better one:) , I wish I had some more artistic education...I needed hours for this odd OFDW sketch...:rolleyes:

So where's the sketch? And, I can assure you - even if I have an artistic education I don't think I could pull something like a digital painting off easily ... maybe I should give it a try too... some day :)

Rebeccak
01-24-2006, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Gunie: So where's the sketch? And, I can assure you - even if I have an artistic education I don't think I could pull something like a digital painting off easily ... maybe I should give it a try too... some day :)
:rolleyes: I'm sure you could do it Gunie! :bounce:Come on, girl...we know you've got it in you! ;)

~Rebeccak

daWinky
01-25-2006, 07:01 AM
Morning Gunilla!

I've just seen that you already found the sketch:D ...thank's for the support, it's so good to see the spam team there!

:rolleyes: I'm sure you could do it Gunie! :bounce:Come on, girl...we know you've got it in you! ;)

I agree, would be fun to see you there:) ...but of course, it's a matter of spare time...

Have a nice day, Gunie!:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

Gunilla
01-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Morning all!

Beckie - It sure would be fun... but this one looks very difficult to start with :blush: And I also have so little time right now... even if I'd like to I think I have to pass :banghead:
thanks for encouraging though :)

Sabie - of course I found it! And I will follow your progress... even if I keep the spam to a minimum level (this will be hard -haha)

Have a great day :wavey:

Rebeccak
01-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Good morning! :wavey: Originally posted by Gunie: Beckie - It sure would be fun... but this one looks very difficult to start with :blush: And I also have so little time right now... even if I'd like to I think I have to pass :banghead: thanks for encouraging though :)
I totally understand! Maybe next time ~ whenever you like. :)

Sabie - of course I found it! And I will follow your progress... even if I keep the spam to a minimum level (this will be hard -haha)
Have a great day :wavey:
Ha! :scream: ~ I hope I have not scared anyone away from the OFDW 012 thread with that comment...all supportive spam welcome and encouraged. :wise: :scream:

~BBK

Zapan
01-25-2006, 09:47 AM
What ? Gunie you're gonna start painting ? :surprised
Now everybody's doing 5D ?.... *sighs* :wise:

I hope I have not scared anyone away from the OFDW 012 thread with that comment...all supportive spam welcome and encouraged.

Hahaha, nnaaaaa , we have to be supportive for all the spam team contestants
even if we have to be good (especially me) I could be spam free.... I guess :scream:

Lemog
01-25-2006, 09:49 AM
Morning Gunie... sad you doesn't have time actually... I apologize too to doesn't have much time to spam and bit more... and especially to produce more :scream:
...have a nice day :wavey:

Gunilla
01-25-2006, 03:18 PM
Ha! :scream: ~ I hope I have not scared anyone away from the OFDW 012 thread with that comment...all supportive spam welcome and encouraged. :wise: :scream:

... all spam? ... are you sure? :scream:

Steph - Don't worry, my painting is still on a theoretical level :wise:

I'm beginning to feel tempted to try it though, so we'll see later.

Lolo - Yeah, it's sad for both of us - having so little time ... I must be a real fool - I've just promised some former workmates to design their new business' website ... and I haven't done anything to my own yet :banghead::banghead:
Only good thing about it is that I will only do the layout - no coding :applause:

Rebeccak
01-25-2006, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Beckie's next victim aka BNV: I'm beginning to feel tempted to try it though, so we'll see later.
:bounce:I only say this on special occasions...:wise:...W00t! :scream:

Lemog
01-26-2006, 05:03 AM
Morning pretty...

... I must be a real fool - I've just promised some former workmates to design their new business' website ... and I haven't done anything to my own yet :banghead::banghead:

hmmm... I already think to the yours when I saw the beginning of the sentence... then, maybe you can continue in the website way... with the Gunilla's WebSite :) :thumbsup:

daWinky
01-26-2006, 06:01 AM
Good Morning!

Originally posted by Beckie's next victim aka BNV: I'm beginning to feel tempted to try it though, so we'll see later.
I only say this on special occasions...:wise:...W00t! :scream:

You see....that's how she caught me...I'm sure you can not resist too long - Becca is an advertising expert!:D

But how about your Venus??? Let's see an update soon, I'm curious to see your progress...if you find any time after regular work, web site layout and all these things:scream: ...

Have a great day!:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

Rebeccak
01-26-2006, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by Sabie: You see....that's how she caught me...I'm sure you can not resist too long - Becca is an advertising expert!:D
:scream: The Swedish Resistance cannot be strong for long! :scream:

But how about your Venus??? Let's see an update soon, I'm curious to see your progress...if you find any time after regular work, web site layout and all these things:scream: ...
I know...I know how much you have to do Gunie...I won't advertise...too much...:D

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
01-26-2006, 07:29 AM
Morning!

Beckie - aaarggh, you next victim, huhu? :scream: I'm scared already!

Lolo - morning dear, and yes - I really need to get it done... this new thing only reminded me of how boring I find these things to be nowadays. Maybe if I play some good music loud I can make it funnier? :D

Sabrina - Yeah, Beckie is very good at taking hostage :scream: About Venus - I have some real difficulties in getting the energy back for a project if I have to leave it in the middle... I should have remembered this and spent at least some little time each day. It's always difficult to start over I think. So I will pick it up again, maybe tonight - thanks for pushing!

Beckie - Ha! "Swedish Resistance"... pretty non existing, I'd say.
It looks like perhaps there is even more work flying my way - which is both good and bad.
I think I have to practise some of Lemogs efficiancy tips... maybe make a mini-me? :)

Have a great day all!

Rebeccak
01-26-2006, 07:33 AM
Morning, Gunie! :)

Beckie - aaarggh, you next victim, huhu? :scream: I'm scared already!
Fear me! :scream:

Beckie is very good at taking hostage :scream:
Moi? *injured* :scream:

Ha! "Swedish Resistance"... pretty non existing, I'd say.
It looks like perhaps there is even more work flying my way - which is both good and bad.
I think I have to practise some of Lemogs efficiancy tips... maybe make a mini-me? :)
Great news! Mini~Gunie? Is that a Squirt~Gunie? :scream:

Zapan
01-26-2006, 08:01 AM
Gooooooodddd Moooooooooorrrrrniiiiingggg :scream: ! tadaaaaa :bounce:

Haaa So, what's new today ? any update ? Venus' becoming alive ? Another bladder fishy on the making ? Veins are popping up ? no ? Why ? too much work ? too much snailing ? not enough cheering ? Is Beckie trying to get you in the 2d side of the anatomy ? bored by apples ? by grapes ? by all my questions ? Muffen is going well ? cold weather ? am I silly in the morning ? :scream:

Have great day sweetie ... update or not , 3d or 2d , :wise:

Gunilla
01-26-2006, 03:52 PM
Beckie - Good morning!... cause now it's morning for you, right? :)
Squirt~Gunie? Ahaha! I love all the new funny names that comes up around here ... :banghead: :D

Steph - Good whatever time it is!
Thanks a lot for all the questions - they sure help keep me alert :D

So, just to show I'm not totally abandoned this - a 2d illu of the digestive system I'm doing for work - a sharp eye will detect that I've recycled some of Venus' parts for this - still got some work left on it - but it will probably look a lot like this.
(since it's for work I will remove it later)

Lemog
01-26-2006, 03:57 PM
Maybe it's an after work for your Venus Gunie... that's remind me too some professional works... hahaha :scream:

Nice 2d version... but that doesn't make you forget the real ZBvenus... :wise:

Rebeccak
01-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Heya Gunie! :wavey:

Some really interesting progress here! I agree with Lolo, your Venus will be really interesting, given it's artistic focus...I'm not really a guts girl :scream: I just like those bones and muscles...but interesting to watch your progress (does anyone notice that I'm starting to talk like Lemog?) :scream: ...continue like that, pretty! :thumbsup: :scream: :bounce:

~BBK (I forget what this stands for now!) :scream:

Zapan
01-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Hiya !!

Great illu :bounce:
Everything's taking place really nicely

....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush
....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush....Venus....ZBrush

Gunilla
01-26-2006, 04:57 PM
Lolo - haha, yes - I'm in the guts business alright :wise:
And I promise... ZBVenus will be finished, with or without the help of Mini~me :D

Beckie - theanks - and me too hope that Venus will be both completed and interesting.
(does anyone notice that I'm starting to talk like Lemog?) :scream:

You too? :D A while back a british friend of mine asked me where I picked up my new accent. The curse of being a fan girl I suppose :scream:

Steph - thank you! And my compliments for your always creative cheering :thumbsup:

If all goes well Venus will be continued this weekend, thanks for your patience.

Rebeccak
01-26-2006, 05:06 PM
You too? :D A while back a british friend of mine asked me where I picked up my new accent. The curse of being a fan girl I suppose :scream:
Thanks, dear...continue like that...:scream:

Zapan
01-26-2006, 10:50 PM
A while back a british friend of mine asked me where I picked up my new accent. The curse of being a fan girl I suppose

Thanks, dear...continue like that...

huhuhu ^^:scream:

And my compliments for your always creative cheering

ahaha , believe me , that's becoming a real challenge to find some new ways, my tiny brain is gonna burn out :D

I'm on for a date with Venus this weekend then :)

gpepper
01-28-2006, 10:11 PM
Here I am !
And now I am wondering why didn't I see this thread before ? Probably because I spend my time watching the challenge section and most of the time I'm curious to see the finished work section and wip but in 3D...
I promise, I will put one of my eyes in this section ! :argh:

GUN !
Amazing job here ! Your progress is great !
Now I have to work Zbrush cause you are going to be a better Zbrusher than me !
May you give me some lessons ?
I will follow your thread cause it's gonna be a really nice project !
If you have any question with ZB, don't hesitate, Maybe I can give U some advice !
See ya ! ;)

Gunilla
01-29-2006, 08:32 AM
Steph - Oh dear... I'm not sure about your date with Venus, maybe you have to settle for Barbie instead :scream: ... I'll do my best - but it's a beautiful day today.

Gilles - yeah, I know what you mean - I had never seen this section earlier either but Beckie is so good at bringing people here and create a friendly athmosphere so I couldn't resist it :)

Thank you so much! Your compliments really makes me happy - and so far I've had quite pleasant moments with ZB... some things are a bit hard to grasp - like having all parts on different layers and not being able to pick them up again... I think it's best to either do the final comp in PS or just use it for modeling/texturing and then bring it to MAX. How do you do it? Do you use it to build complex scenes or are you exporting to Maya?

Good to see you here and I'm sure I'm going to bug you with a lot of questions :scream:

Zapan
01-29-2006, 08:53 AM
*Call operator*
"Yeah I would like a ticket on Stockholm next flight ... yeah ... mmh mmh... yeah ... ok then , great ... oh and by the way , where is the giveshop in the airport , I need to find a pink skirt ... and is there some cat food too ? ah great thx... see you then... bye"
*Zapan left to Stockholm*

creative I am... :wise: w00t !

Gunilla
01-29-2006, 08:57 AM
w000t!! I'm getting a visitor! :bounce:

haha, no need to find that pink skirt - I promise... at least a small update today, OK? :)

gpepper
01-29-2006, 09:30 AM
Gilles - yeah, I know what you mean - I had never seen this section earlier either but Beckie is so good at bringing people here and create a friendly athmosphere so I couldn't resist it :)

Thank you so much! Your compliments really makes me happy - and so far I've had quite pleasant moments with ZB... some things are a bit hard to grasp - like having all parts on different layers and not being able to pick them up again... I think it's best to either do the final comp in PS or just use it for modeling/texturing and then bring it to MAX. How do you do it? Do you use it to build complex scenes or are you exporting to Maya?

Good to see you here and I'm sure I'm going to bug you with a lot of questions :scream:

When I participated to the challenge "Master and Servants", my composition was rendered in Zbrush. AS you said, this is hard to compose in ZB only with layers. It looks like a photoshop composition, the only difference is that you can render it with a 3D render in ZB, I mean, light, shadows, etc.
The other way is to place your object and then hit the marker tool. This is a sort of memory that keeps the informations of placement of your object in the scene. Then U can put another object and hit marker again. Then U can erase your scene, but U can bring back your objects marked with the multimarker tool. And it's done. But I think the best way to compose a very complexe scene, is to export all in your 3D package.
Voilā !

Gunilla
01-29-2006, 10:34 AM
The other way is to place your object and then hit the marker tool. This is a sort of memory that keeps the informations of placement of your object in the scene. Then U can put another object and hit marker again. Then U can erase your scene, but U can bring back your objects marked with the multimarker tool. And it's done.

The markers! I had totally ingnored that function - thank you, thank you! This will solve my problems for sure ... I've been so annoyed about not being able to move and scale stuff once they've been dropped - how stupid of me :blush:
I guess this is another example of how good it is to do ALL the tutorials before jumping right in ... but jumping in is so tempting.

This is great! I will have to start the comp from start again, but this time I can tweak the positions ... thanks :applause:

gpepper
01-29-2006, 10:57 AM
The markers! I had totally ingnored that function - thank you, thank you! This will solve my problems for sure ... I've been so annoyed about not being able to move and scale stuff once they've been dropped - how stupid of me :blush:
I guess this is another example of how good it is to do ALL the tutorials before jumping right in ... but jumping in is so tempting.

This is great! I will have to start the comp from start again, but this time I can tweak the positions ... thanks :applause:

De nada, chica ! ;)
I think if your are really in love with this software, you must take a look at the Meats Meier DVD from Gnomon. I've learn ZB with this.
The other "Grand" super master of ZB is Antropus. Take a look at his tutotirals they are great. One of them explain how to texture in Projection master with a plane with a texture projected ! One of my favourite !

Here is a link to a texturing tutorial that I've done few month ago, this is for you ! ;)

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=296132

Zapplink is a cool tool too ! Don't hesitate to use it Extensively !

See ya ZBQueen !

Gunilla
01-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Gilles - you're the best!

... I already downloaded your tut some time ago... excellent! Actually it was partly when you did that back in the challenge I finally made up my mind to get started with ZB :)
I have to go check out Antropus tuts too, thanks for the tip!

ZB sort of asks for detailing things... I'm not quite sure yet on how to do less detailed surfaces interesting - I suppose I need to dive into the render part pretty soon.

A small update on Venus now. Added some fleshfolds that might work when textured - also did some more work on her lifted hand. Now I deeply regret not modeling the other hand too... I will probably need to cover it up somehow - maybe with some hair? (a new challenge!) :eek:
This is how far I am from the original Botticelli Venus... my Venus has a totally different body type - thinner and more athletic ( or just poorly shaped?)

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/venus.gif

Rebeccak
01-29-2006, 02:47 PM
Wow, gpepper, thanks for that link! What a fantastic hand! :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Gunie: my Venus has a totally different body type - thinner and more athletic ( or just poorly shaped?)
Maybe a Nike logo can cover the hand? :D *kidding, kidding!* *runs*

~Rebeccak

Zapan
01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
Ahhhhh there she is , :)

Great work on that hand , (I'm struggling right now with mine with maya ... and looks twice less good than yours) ...
Don't worry about Venus shape ... People are picturing perfect women bodies differently in history ... :) ...besides this is your Venus ... so make her as you want ...

And what ? hair ? ouh I definitely want to see how you're gonna make it ! I found years ago one way to do it and I still use that technic again and again ... so dying of curiosity to see it now :bounce:

chears , w00t :D

-Steph

gpepper
01-29-2006, 05:29 PM
Gilles - you're the best!

... I already downloaded your tut some time ago... excellent! Actually it was partly when you did that back in the challenge I finally made up my mind to get started with ZB :)
I have to go check out Antropus tuts too, thanks for the tip!

Don't tell me things like that, that makes me blush...

Lemog
01-30-2006, 05:05 AM
Good morning :wavey:

these new fleshfolds are very good for me... better than the previous ones... tht can work very good with textures.

And now, you also can be proud to have one of the best french professor with Gilles... :thumbsup:

Have a nice day :)

daWinky
01-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Morning Gunilla!

From start again:eek: ? That's hard, but good for learning of course...great to see that you have now some more professional support from Gilles...and not only the spaming team around:D ...
Nice Venus update and the hand looks already very good!

Have a great day!:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

gpepper
01-30-2006, 06:52 AM
And now, you also can be proud to have one of the best french professor with Gilles... :thumbsup:

Have a nice day :)

enough is enough ! I'm not so good ! :argh:

Gunilla
01-30-2006, 06:55 AM
Good morning!

Beckie - haha, Nike logo - yes, or perhaps a boxing glove? :scream:

Steph - ahh, thank you... and about hair, we'll see - maybe (will this ever be finished?) :)

Gilles - Oh, but you deserve it ;)

Lolo - thanks, and I agree - these folds are more in style with the original drawings... have a good day, dear :wavey:

Sabrina - I don't know - maybe I can keep some parts and the objects are already made so it's not that much work... also, this is turning more and more into an excersise - I hardly remember now what I wanted to do a month ago :shrug: Thanks for your patience :)

so - today is another office day - maybe I can have something done tonight ( I wish I was just a little bit more like Lemog!)
Have a great day all!

makaron
01-30-2006, 07:02 AM
good morning "spam" and Venus has landed :bounce:

Zapan
01-30-2006, 07:39 AM
Good morning :)

Just some morning cheering... no pressure of any kind :wise:
You've started over ? well it's your call , but I guess that is not wasted time ... new informations are now in your sight ...

will this ever be finished?
never ... well at least not before I do , remember ? :twisted:

Have great day , you and all the spam team !

:wavey:

eddieellis
01-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey Buddy... he he he ... i like it... its just the sort thing i would do... keep it up mate.. i'll be watching :thumbsup:

Gunilla
01-31-2006, 02:32 PM
Morning Mona - yup, she landed and then flew away again ... she will return though. :)

Steph - And who's the snail now? Have I got the dangerous snail virus?
Thanks for the "no pressure" comment - I send it back to you ;)

Eddie! - Good to see you here! and I'm glad that you - the master of gore :D - find it interesting. And please come back whenever you like - I can surely need some input when it comes to the final texturing :wavey:

So, it looks like it's going to be another hectic week... not fun, since I rather hang out here playing with you all. Ah, there will be better times I suppose.

Have a great evening/week!

Rebeccak
01-31-2006, 03:28 PM
Morning, Gunie, :wavey:

Looking forward to seeing more great guts from you! :D Definitely hope you'll continue to participate here...even with Lolo being occupied over in 3D Stills...:cry: :scream:

~"Beckie"

Lemog
01-31-2006, 04:01 PM
even with Lolo being occupied over in 3D Stills...:cry: :scream:"
hahahaha don't worry, I'm always around here... (but in the same time, I'm again very buzy at work... on the third film :banghead: )

Gunilla
01-31-2006, 04:35 PM
Beckie - Yes, I need more guts for sure. And don't worry - I wont abandon this place ... Steph and I have a deal never to finish our projects - we're stuck here forever :scream:

Lolo - You're always around everywhere :bounce::scream:
Third film, eh? Tough... how many will you make this round?

Zapan
01-31-2006, 04:50 PM
And don't worry - I wont abandon this place ... Steph and I have a deal never to finish our projects - we're stuck here forever

Mrs Elam has spoken :wise:

But we have a question for you Beckie .... when we will be old and we all still be silly , spamming like nuts your place ... will you still be able to ROFL ? food for thoughts I guess...:D

So we have a mission for you all ... to spam Gunilla's thread to cheer her up

Gunilla
01-31-2006, 04:59 PM
But we have a question for you Beckie .... when we will be old and we all still be silly , spamming like nuts your place ... will you still be able to ROFL ? food for thoughts I guess...:D

Haha, I guess she will go more like WAG :D (wheeling around giggling)

Thanks for being my retirement buddy here :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
01-31-2006, 05:32 PM
OMG, thank you French and Swedish nuts for cheering my day! :scream:

Glad to hear all will be spamming into eternity...:wip:...WAG, LMAO! I mean, WAG! :scream:

~"Beckie" *happy the nuts are a permanent fixture* :scream:

makaron
02-01-2006, 07:58 AM
So we have a mission for you all ... to spam Gunilla's thread to cheer her up

and I just obey orders... *spam*:bowdown: and holding my thumb that Venus is returning soon, very soon... :bounce:

gpepper
02-01-2006, 08:49 AM
Old spammers team in 20 years

http://www.ville-lethor.fr/IMG/jpg/vieux.jpg

Lemog
02-01-2006, 08:59 AM
hahahaha... I'm here too Gilles... :scream:

Gunilla
02-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Becca - yup, eternal spam is a must be :thumbsup:

Mona - thanks for the cheering - already much more cheery :)

Gilles - ahaha, definitely the spam team...but, 20 years from now? I hope it will be more like 50 :D

Lolo - definitely hoping for you to be in the retirements spam team :thumbsup:

Ok - hold your breath now... here's an actual update :eek:

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/venus2.jpg

I've started playing with her texturing and also refined her a little bit - I want her to be very pale, smooth in the skin to make a contrast to her inner parts - upper left area is on the way I think ... what do you say?
I've used some skin textures as painting maps - all collected from the eminent texture site of Lemog ;)
Now I will add some subtle veins... yeah, I know you've heard that one before :D

Have a great day all.

gpepper
02-01-2006, 02:43 PM
Gilles - ahaha, definitely the spam team...but, 20 years from now? I hope it will be more like 50 :D

Sorry, but Laurent and I seem to be older than all of you ! We will be old before...

Gunilla
02-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Sorry, but Laurent and I seem to be older than all of you ! We will be old before...

And wise before, perhaps? :)

... the people in the pic has to be at least 90.... well perhaps not the ones in the back row :D

Rebeccak
02-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Morning, everyone! :wavey:

Gunie,

Great, an update! Had to take the fastest look possible here at work, but it looks quite...disemboweling! :scream: Great stuff! :bounce:

That's so funny about the old person's spam retirement home...:scream:...but maybe Lolo is already there? :scream:

Totally kidding, Lolo...:love:

gpepper, you don't appear very old? :rolleyes:

Zapan
02-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Oh my god ... a grannies spam party ! :scream: ahahah...

But sorry you guys but even in 20 years ... even in 40 years ... I still won't look like that :wise:
So I guess I'm taking the picture ... Nyark nyark !!
But I noticed something , if you look very closely , you can see someone ROFLing on the floor in the background ...

Oh my god part 2 ... an update, w00t !!
Great Gunilla ... looking more and more.... not tasty :D ...
But everything's taking shape very nicely ... well done dear :thumbsup:
... for a really non-pervert comment , I'm a huge fan of that tiny pinky nipple... :scream:

we will be in 2046 and I will say : update , update swedish granny :bounce: ahahaha

cheers ,

-Old Scar~Go

gpepper
02-01-2006, 03:35 PM
And wise before, perhaps? :)

... the people in the pic has to be at least 90.... well perhaps not the ones in the back row :D

Laurent is 70 years old... :D

Rebeccak
02-01-2006, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Steph: Oh my god ... a grannies spam party ! :scream: ahahah...
And grandpas too! :D

Originally posted by gpepper: Laurent is 70 years old... :D
That young? :scream:

Chears, :D

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-01-2006, 04:57 PM
That's so funny about the old person's spam retirement home...:scream:

You wont think it's so fun once there... you will still be the one looking after us, right? :scream:

Steph - What do you mean, not tasty? And I've been trying so hard... :cry:
:D
I'm quite pleased with how she's coming ... do you think I will finish before you do?
thanks for taking pleasure in her tiny pink parts :)

Gilles, Becca - Now behave you two- no more age jokes around here.. getting older is nothing to joke about ... it's perfectly natural...it happens to all of us
It's also a senstive topic at the moment - it's my birthday on saturday :eek:

...getting older is good...getting older is good...getting older is good...getting older is good...getting older is good...getting older is good...getting older is good...getting older is good

gpepper
02-01-2006, 05:19 PM
gpepper, you don't appear very old? :rolleyes:

33 in the 27th of february... :argh:

Zapan
02-01-2006, 05:26 PM
it's my birthday on saturday

:cry: and :cry: I'm not :cry: here :cry: this :cry: week end :cry: ...
I will never forgive my parents for asking me to come over to show them that I'm still alive ... :blush:

Rebeccak
02-01-2006, 05:27 PM
Gunie's Birthday is arriving! :bounce:

gpepper, Wow, you're practically a grandpa! :scream:

Originally posted by Steph: :cry: and :cry: I'm not here :cry: this :cry: week end :cry: ...
I will never forget my parents for asking me to come over to show them that I'm still alive ... :blush:
Steph, did I ever tell you that my mom and I once considered entering into a mother ~ daughter look~alike contest? :D :scream:

Zapan
02-01-2006, 05:47 PM
33 in the 27th of february...

LOL, i'm from the 28th ! :)

Steph, did I ever tell you that my mom and I once considered entering into a mother ~ daughter look~alike contest? :D :scream:

:scream: Beckie twins ... this explains you're unhuman speed for posting ... they are 2 !!

gpepper
02-01-2006, 07:03 PM
LOL, i'm from the 28th ! :)

I think I know ! :thumbsup:

Lemog
02-02-2006, 05:30 AM
mmmh yeah... much fun here, much beautiful skin here, much interesting informations here and much spam...
...with much very young people around... that make me feel good this morning, I hope yours will be good :wavey:

I must work now... they was friends at home yesterday evening for a little party... mmmh, so tiring this morning :wise: :scream: hahahaha

Rebeccak
02-02-2006, 05:42 AM
Morning, team! :wavey:

Originally posted by Lolo: I must work now... they was friends at home yesterday evening for a little party... mmmh, so tiring this morning :wise: :scream: hahahaha
Y~you have friends...besides us? :curious: :scream:

Have a good day, Lolo! :wavey:

Lemog
02-02-2006, 05:58 AM
Y~you have friends...besides us? :curious: :scream:
it's very different girl...no CG's talking with them... unfortunetely... :shrug: but I can assure you that I have a real social life :D hahahahaha... sometimes... :)

Rebeccak
02-02-2006, 06:04 AM
We're not...real? :cry: *pinches self* :scream:

daWinky
02-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Good Morning Gunilla, Morning team!

This is an amazing update, I really like the skin texture and the contrast:thumbsup: ! You're going to add veins...yes, sounds familiar to me:) ...and now I can follow the vision of Gilles with the retired spam team! Already feeling old and tired this morning - but not from partying:shrug: ...I'm buried under tons of extra work:scream: ...

Have all a nice day!:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

Rebeccak
02-02-2006, 06:20 AM
Heya Sabie, :wavey:

Special spam must be made for our friends on their birthdays...hmm...*consults spam recipe book* :D

daWinky
02-02-2006, 06:30 AM
Morning Becca:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

Special spam must be made for our friends on their birthdays...hmm...*consults spam recipe book* :D

Already noted down:deal:

-sabrina

Rebeccak
02-02-2006, 06:32 AM
Originally posted by Sabie: Already noted down:deal:
Egg~sellent (http://uplink.space.com/attachments/350729-MrBurns.gif)...:D :scream:

gpepper
02-02-2006, 06:53 AM

Great ! Should be cool if we note each birthday of all the spam team:

Stephane - 28th february ????

Sabrina -

Gunilla -

Mona -

Laurent -

Rebecca -

Gilles - 27th february 1973

Just fill the empty space !

Rebeccak
02-02-2006, 06:54 AM
Rebecca = August of unknown date and year...:scream: I could be 45! :eek: :scream:

gpepper
02-02-2006, 07:00 AM
Rebecca = August of unknown date and year...:scream: I could be 45! :eek: :scream:

Is it a joke? I saw a picture of you, you seem to be 25 !

Rebeccak
02-02-2006, 07:01 AM
It's a joke. I'm not 45, lol. :)

Gunilla
02-02-2006, 07:08 AM
OOOooouhhh - a spam explosion!

Morning everyone,
Sabrina, Lolo - thanks for comments on the update :)

All - all this age talk really makes me feel tired and waek - almost ready for one of those wheels now....

Off to work, have a good day!

Lemog
02-02-2006, 08:03 AM
There's only young people on CgTalk...

...point :beer:

Gunilla
02-02-2006, 03:42 PM
There's only young people on CgTalk...

...point :beer:

haha, so true - we're all young at heart, right? :beer:

And reading through the last pages I can almost sniff something... a conspiracy? "special spam recipe"... hmmm...

Well friends, I hope to have tomorrow afternoon free for some updates - I really begin to feel it's about time she got finished now.
Did I scare you, Steph? :D

Zapan
02-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Did I scare you, Steph?

Bahahahahahah :scream:

yeah totally ... Let's see if I can finish mine before tomoroow... :D
Bah , that's ok , I will be the last UFO around here ... You will abandon me like an old sock :cry:

Nah kidding , I will be the first one happy if you can finish your piece :wise:
I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you I hate you .... :D

Have a great evening my dear :)

chears ,

-Steph

makaron
02-02-2006, 07:07 PM
Venus near the finishline, va kul... :bounce: you go Gunilla... really looking forward to see this :)

and for the age, Iīm the oldest I guess... haha... and I have birthday in febraury too :p

Gunilla
02-03-2006, 12:21 PM
Steph, Mona - Oh Dear... note that I said "I need to finish her" -Not "I will finish her" ...
Not sure how much time I will have today :banghead:

Besides I don't want to abandon Steph and be on the hatelist forever :)

Zapan
02-03-2006, 12:40 PM
Oh Dear... note that I said "I need to finish her" -Not "I will finish her" ...

:surprised

... gonna take a nap...

Lemog
02-03-2006, 01:23 PM
It's not possible... an another page without update or picture ??? :scream: Cadet is not the really good model... he must change his avatar quickly (but maybe quickly is too much hard word :D hahaha)...
...as soon as you can :bounce:

GOOOOOOooooooooooo friends... it's very soon the weekend, and I'm will be not be able to see something before monday... so sad :cry: :banghead:

Zapan
02-03-2006, 01:30 PM
:scream:

what about switching our avatars Gunie hu ? ... I'd love to be a foot for a while :scream:
Not sure how much time I will have today
Bah this is not a race ... no competition , no pressure , no prizes , no contestants... :wise:
have to edit all my today's posts

Ok , I'm off for the weekend :cry: ... so Happy birthday , a little bit early :)
See you when you'll be .. years old :p (If someone have a clue , feel free to fill that blank)

Have a nice week end :wavey:
And you are spam free from me during 2 days

cheers ,

-Steph

Gunilla
02-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Noooo ... I can't believe it! No Lolo and no Steph here for the whole weekend :cry:

I'm not sure how much I will be around myself - having some partying to do :)

See you when you'll be .. years old :p (If someone have a clue , feel free to fill that blank)

Ahaha - but you have to admit, it's quite fun not knowing, right? ;)

I could be a 14 year old school girl...or a 55 year old male truck driver - or both :D

Have a really great weekend friends, and hopefully an update will be here when you get back (but not a finished Venus for sure..)

Gunilla
02-03-2006, 08:24 PM
Ok - so I've just lost two hours if work ... lesson learned, save often :thumbsup:
ZB eats memory - I think I might have to get some more... ah well, here's the latest saved state:
http://www.bitspin.net/wip/venus3.jpg

I've decided to continue with what I already had done ... not enough energy/time to start over. Time to start thinking of background...any suggestions? Should I do hair?

Nice evening/weekend for everyone passing by :)

makaron
02-03-2006, 08:56 PM
do you plan a face for Venus? in that case I think you should do some hair... otherwise itīs better without... and for background... hmmm... maybe looks strange if its a tree and flowers, looks like a murdercase in the forest :eek: hmmm... maybe something like doctors office :) or a board with instruments that you can use to cutting up a body...

nice weekend to ya too :bounce:

and...

http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/ggg.jpg

Rebeccak
02-04-2006, 04:41 AM
I also have to say to one of our favorite swedish nuts...:D

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/holiday/Gunie-Birthday_2.jpg

Hope you have a great one, Gunie! :bounce:

~"Beckie"

daWinky
02-04-2006, 07:51 AM
Good Morning Gunilla!

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/daWinky/gunilla.jpg

Have a great day and a big party!

-sabrina

Lemog
02-04-2006, 08:11 AM
Morning Gunie...

you know, your latest picture must be for you a big motivation... at this step of the work, you must have only one idea... continue and explore more... of course now, you're on the best way to finish this cake... oups... this piece :thumbsup:

While talking about cake... can you permit me to offer you this card... I don't really know what is it... certainly a new Swedish Wood Cake... :scream:

...and then, Happy Birthday for you Gunie... much wishes, and especially much partying :beer:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c54/lemog/hbg480.jpg

Seeyou monday for feedback :wavey: :love:

DaddyMack
02-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Hi Gunilla :wavey: Happy birthday!

I hope you enjoy one of your finest years yet
http://www.brainchilddigital.com/misc/mirrorball.jpg

*Ahem*... Couldn't have said it better myself... *ahem*

Or... if you're hung over then...

http://www.brainchilddigital.com/misc/mirrorball.gif
Thanks Gunners!

Gunilla
02-04-2006, 12:09 PM
Ahhhh... you marvelous people ... :love::cry::blush:

Mona - I see your expertise with fur also applies to feathers now... really nice card, thank you - and thanks for the great suggestion for my image :)

Beckie - beautiful card from our favourite korean blonde, thank you :bounce:

Sabrina - So there you are! thank you so much for brightening the day :)

Lolo - sweet Laurent, such a nice wood cake :D And how could you find the pic I'm in? The dark haired woman with red skirt - it's me and my husband...when we where young Thanks dear, for always being here for jokes and support :love:

DaddyCool - Ah! A Discoball - now the party can truly begin :bounce:

Thank you so much for this celebration - a perfect start for what I hope to be a great weekend :beer:

Rebeccak
02-04-2006, 01:14 PM
Awww, glad you found your cards here Gunie! :bounce: Have a great birthday, we will be expecting some birthday cake pictures soon...:wise: :scream:

~"Beckie"

ThierryS
02-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Hello Gunilla,
And a happy birthday to you!
I hope this not the way you see each one of us when you walk down the street :scream: :eek: !!

http://www.oniriapictures.com/gunilla.jpg

Have a great week end!

Thierry

Rebeccak
02-04-2006, 03:22 PM
Thierry,

That card rocks!!! :scream: I definitely LOL'd! :scream:

Gives new meaning to the term, "meat cake" :scream: :bounce:

GonzaloGolpe
02-04-2006, 03:49 PM
LOOOLL!!!Itīs great!!And thanks to your picture Iīll become vegetarian!:beer:

Happy happies!!:thumbsup: :D

┤Zalo

Gunilla
02-05-2006, 07:49 AM
Hahaha! Great image Thierry - thanks!
It sort of makes the cake less appetizing when you see where it's going - funny:scream:

Beckkie - a real meat cake, true :D

Zalo - thanks!

Again, thank you friends for making this birthday something special - you're the best :love:

makaron
02-05-2006, 07:58 AM
naaa... itīs just a simple that, the best deserve the best :bounce: so how does it feel today Gunilla?.. one year older ;)

Lemog
02-06-2006, 06:51 AM
Good morning Gunie... I hope your week-end party was very good... very full of gifts and pleasure...
...as I can imagine, certainly very tiredness... I understand you, I'm in the same case today... very hard... my eyes are also very small :scream:

Have a nice day honey... and don't forget... one year more... and always very very young... for ever young :thumbsup: :love:

Gunilla
02-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Mona - thanks again..and you know what - I feel entirely different! :scream:

Laurent- so, you're small eyed too today! haha - I hope it was worth it for you. I had a great weekend, lots of good food and wine and cake and suddenly, fresh snow and a really cold, beautiful winter day... couldn't ask for more. We young ones have small demands :)

So, I've done some early steps with making her hair...arrghhh... doesn't look very good, but perhaps if I can make it look less like plastic and more like hair....
I want to do as much I can in 3d in ZB for practise - but this I might add later in PS.

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/venus4.jpg

Beckie or everyone else- could you give me some good pointers on how to imrove her bodyshape? There's definitely something strange going on in her neck area but I can't put my finger on it... thanks

have a good evening, oh you best of teams :bowdown::beer:

Rebeccak
02-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Gunie,

I can do a drawover later tonight if you like :) ~ actually, it's funny, because last night I was doing some 'neck research' to add to my Workshop materials...so we're very much on the same page! :)

Cheers,

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
I'd love to! Thanks - I've got a bit blind on this one now... and I want to do her as good as I can.

Gosh - you're fast at answering :scream:

Rebeccak
02-06-2006, 05:41 PM
Koreans are fast on the draw. :wise: :scream:

Zapan
02-06-2006, 06:44 PM
Hi there ! :wavey:
Yay , great update ... oops sorry great updateS !! :bounce:

Everything is there now , even hair ... w00t :applause:
About her neck, I would say nothing is really disturbing from here , but maybe if you add some details like the clavicula , it could be a nice addition .... just a thought ...

Anyway that's great to see that you're working a lot on this and really fast :thumbsup: ... Go , Gunie !

Koreans are fast on the draw.
Not every ones ... see ? I didn't even take time to make a pretty card like you guys :cry: :blush: ... sorry my dear ...

Rebeccak
02-06-2006, 07:01 PM
Steph,

I'm sure Gunie understands your card snailing...:wise: ;)...after all, you're part of the core spam team! The support is implicit! :beer:

Here's to neck adjustments! :D

Gunilla
02-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Steph - Aww, thanks for the cheering - and you're right about the clavicula I think. Also maybe I need to give her a head before chopping it off :)
Don't worry about the lack of birthday card... there's always a next year :D

Beckie - So, how's your neckwork going...funny I've heard of networking but neckworking? :curious:

Have a good day and so on...

daWinky
02-07-2006, 06:35 AM
Good morning Gunilla!

Glad to hear that you had a great party and a good weekend! And even time and energy for an update:bowdown: !
Looks really good and I like the idea of giving her a lot of hair!

Beckie or everyone else- could you give me some good pointers on how to imrove her bodyshape? There's definitely something strange going on in her neck area but I can't put my finger on it... thanks
I'm everyone else:D ...and would say that the upper part is a little out of scale, the shoulders are too high and the throat is too long...don't know if you can fix it so easy in zBrush:shrug: ....

Have a nice day!:wavey:

-sabrina

Gunilla
02-07-2006, 06:39 AM
Sabrina - haha, simultaneous posting! :thumbsup:
You're totally right about the necklenght...see above post - I think I at least have to give her a lower part of a head.
As for body proportions... thanks for pointing that out. When I started this I had no idea how hard it is to work with a hollow body... if I where to start this over (nooo...I wont!) I would make the whole body firat and then cut the hole afterwards. Always learning :)

Good morning to you to, you're doing great with that master copy :)

daWinky
02-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Sabrina - haha, simultaneous posting! :thumbsup:
You're totally right about the necklenght...see above post - I think I at least have to give her a lower part of a head.
As for body proportions... thanks for pointing that out. When I started this I had no idea how hard it is to work with a hollow body... if I where to start this over (nooo...I wont!) I would make the whole body firat and then cut the hole afterwards. Always learning :)

Good morning to you to, you're doing great with that master copy :)

Yes, crossposting - reminds me of challenge time:D !

Thank's for your praise with the copy! Always learning too!

-sabrina

Lemog
02-07-2006, 08:55 AM
Morning dear... of course, hairs appears as... I don't know... It's possible to do hairs with ZB ?

if not... remember, Photoshop is your friend :scream:

Rebeccak
02-07-2006, 09:07 AM
Good morning, everyone! :wavey:

Gunie, I may have to work on the neck review just a little later today...got wrapped up last night and then, hmm, took a 'nap' and just woke up! :D

Hehehe...:D *runs*

~"Beckie"

gpepper
02-07-2006, 10:33 AM
Morning dear... of course, hairs appears as... I don't know... It's possible to do hairs with ZB ?

There are things called "fiber". Seems cool to make grass or fur but not so cool to do hair...

Gunilla
02-07-2006, 02:51 PM

It looks that bad, huh? :scream: ... well, I know - I'm going to try one more thing before switching to 2d. And I will try 2d in ZB first.
The main problem is to make the mesh partially transparent in ZB - perhaps I could try doing it in Max... Ah, the possibilities are endless (and so seems this project)

Beckie - You deserve every nap you can get I think :) Don't worry, I have a potential hair situation to solve first.

Gilles - I tried the fiber option - it made my Venus look like one of Lemogs Wildkids. Very furry :eek::scream:

I will be back with other hairtests - as soon as time permits. Have a great evening :thumbsup:

Lemog
02-07-2006, 04:31 PM
Bad is not exactly the good word... it's more as something a little bit "different" :scream: hahahaha

But I'm sure you can find something in the good style, very graphic... not really realistic, with specific mapping and transparencies... that can be stylized, even certainly better...
...just follow your inspiration, your mind... with a little part of madness :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
02-07-2006, 04:34 PM
Hmm, I'm not very active today, am I? :blush: Too much busy work to do...don't forget about me!
:D

Cheers,

~"Beckie"

Lemog
02-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Hahahah Beckie... that permit us to take some rest :D hahahahahaha...

...just a joke... of course... as you know, it's always a great pleasure to cross you everywhere, I'm always very astonished by your always "great participation" in many many many threads... korean's clones are very efficient this year :applause:

makaron
02-07-2006, 05:06 PM
it made my Venus look like one of Lemogs Wildkids. Very furry :eek::scream:

I will be back with other hairtests - as soon as time permits. Have a great evening :thumbsup:

fur? did I see the word fur... :p haha... if you do it more... hmm... not such big chunks and not so transparent color? ahhh, and I donīt know nada about z-brush, so I not gonna say anything... ops too late... :D *visslar tyst* and I see that you gonna get help with the neckproblem :) just one thing from me then, maybe you could just wider her hips.. just a tiny, tiny bit? to make her more female.

looking forward to the next update :applause:

Gunilla
02-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Bad is not exactly the good word... it's more as something a little bit "different" :scream: hahahaha

"different" - haha, well I can live with that :D And rest assured I will follow my madness.
Doing some testing right now...and it looks...ehm..even more different :scream:

Beckie - not a chance we will forget about you! Speaking about active... I win the snail parade this week I think. Is there such a thing as catwalks for snails? :scream:

Lolo - You're right, I think Beckie have learned the skill of creating mini-me's :D

Mona - Fur!? Yes, fur is really good... in the right places, but not at Venus' head :banghead:
Thanks for the suggestion - I'll check her hipsize!

Definitely no more hair-dos tonight.

Zapan
02-07-2006, 07:31 PM
Hi there ! hum ... good morning :)

Just droppin' by for some post-daytime cheerful spams :D
So I see there is a lot of good suggestions there , let's see if you can do the snails catwalks as long as me :D ...
Anyway , have a great evening :)

cheers ,

-Steph

Lemog
02-09-2006, 11:20 AM
Good morning Gunie...

if you will be tired with your Venus... maybe when she's done, you can start an another style of project, more architectural, and truly Swedish...

...as you can know, your fabulous town made in 1897 a world's fair... I don't have much informations about it... but take a look to these photos, the architecture seem already very insteresting and original...

- general view :

http://lemog.club.fr/lemog_expo_v1/albums/documentation/autres_expo/pays_divers/es_stockholm_036_b.jpg

- the big hall of the industry's palace :

http://lemog.club.fr/lemog_expo_v1/albums/documentation/autres_expo/pays_divers/es_stockholm_036_a.jpg

Very beautiful, not ? and as you can see, it seem to have similitudes with the Swedish pavilion of the Paris World's Fair...

Well... now my out subject is finish... you can finish your Venus honey... :wip:

Rebeccak
02-09-2006, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Lemog: if you will be tired with your Venus... maybe when she's done, you can start an another style of project, more architectural, and truly Swedish...
Hmmm...I think Lolo is trying to recruit another mini~Lolo? :D :deal:

~"Beckie"

Lemog
02-09-2006, 11:54 AM
No Beckie... it's just if Gunie want to change her mind after the Venus cession... no recruiting... she's free as the bird :bounce:

Rebeccak
02-09-2006, 11:56 AM
Hehe, just kidding, Lolo! :D I think at your pace, you already have plenty of mini~lolos hard at work! :applause:

Gunilla
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
Morning all,

Steph - yeah, the battle of snails has truly begun ... who will be the laziest on board? Stay tuned for the thrilling answer :D
I suppose as long as it's snailing because other work it might be ok, non? :)

Lolo - Beautiful images, thank you! ... and are you tricking me inte starting a World Fair 1897 project? That would take me, not two but twenty years. :D
I am very tempted to try a architecture project - I've never done one yet. It all has to do with the work situation... right now, the wisest for me is trying to get as good at the medical stuff as possible. But if I get the free time, sure it's a masterful suggestion :applause:
And knowing how slow I am, Maybe I should start with something like this?
http://d21c.com/AnnesPlace/Summer3/Cabin.gif

Beckie - :) I know I've said I really want to become a Lemog ... but a mini-lemog? Naah, If I'm going to become one I want to be the biggest :D

Both - Don't worry, it's not very likely I feel the urge to become someone else... but if I knew how to make mini-Gunies...

haha, have a great and funny day, I'll be back to see what you're up to :)

Lemog
02-09-2006, 12:37 PM
Hahaha... that start well... with something as your little cottage :buttrock:

Gunilla
02-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Lolo - Ohh... that reminds me of one unfinished project- to model my garden :scream:

So, I did a new test for hair - I think this might work better, what do you say?

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/venus5.jpg

I will still need some PS work but I'm okay with this for now.

Next - another round with Venus... Beckie...? any suggestions? ;)

Have a good evening/morning/everything all!

Rebeccak
02-09-2006, 05:13 PM
Gunie,

I'm sorry I've been so remiss...the CGWorkshop started today, and I am suddenly quite busy, but of course I want to help out here...:)...ha, how can I stay away from my favorite swedish/french/international nut factory that has accumulated here? :scream:

Cheers,

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-09-2006, 05:21 PM
Gunie,

I'm sorry I've been so remiss...the CGWorkshop started today, and I am suddenly quite busy, but of course I want to help out here...:)...ha, how can I stay away from my favorite swedish/french/international nut factory that has accumulated here? :scream:

Cheers,

~"Beckie"

Oh dear, If I known I wouldn't have pushed you - you have way much on your hands as it is. I'm in no hurry - gonna be here for ever afterall :scream:

"The Nutclub is a good place to be, and so much cheaper than a shrink"

--------- anonymous addicted

Rebeccak
02-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Oh dear, If I known I wouldn't have pushed you - you have way much on your hands as it is. I'm in no hurry - gonna be here for ever afterall :scream:

"The Nutclub is a good place to be, and so much cheaper than a shrink"

--------- anonymous addicted
:scream: No worries, Gunie, of course I totally enjoy it! :D Yeah, you nutcakes had better be sticking around...there's a snailing contract, you know...:wise: :deal:

~"Beckie"

Zapan
02-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Weeee !!! an update :scream:

And definitely you're right , hairs look better now ... w00t :thumbsup: :bounce:
And what's this ? anatomy of a caban ? :D

Have a great evening/night/morning/day ... :curious: :D

cheers,

-a Nutclub VIP ... w00t:bounce:

makaron
02-09-2006, 07:05 PM
one hair said to the other... well Gunilla, found a good hairdresser... donīt you think so?
the other hair said to the first: true... we look much better now... :) I really like our nice shades in the hairdo
one hair said to the other: yeah... brownishred is the color to go, we donīt wanna look like a blonde, do we?... :p
the other hair said to the first: no, we donīt wanna be taken for nuts... but hey! this is almost a nutcolor...

:bounce:

daWinky
02-10-2006, 05:46 AM
Good morning everyone, Morning Gunilla!

Hey, there's an update...the hair is of course better this way:thumbsup: , but perhaps zBrush is not the best solution for doing hairs...:shrug: ? Ready now for another round with Venus...I still think you should just try to get rid of this stretched upper part, something like this...

http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d129/daWinky/venus4-.gif

The rest looks already so good for me, I think you're not far from the finish-line now:bounce:

Have a nice day!:wavey: (http://forums.cgsociety.org/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=0#)

-sabrina

scootermaya
02-10-2006, 06:06 AM
droping by to say I'm alive and looking at this nice uptades !

I wish I was like Lemog ... doing a million thing at the same time and still posting like a nut, doing personal work, creating a new web site, redoing Paris, ... and taking care of his familly like no others! :bowdown:

But I'm not him:D :cry: :banghead:

Gunie, this is nice! Maybe Sabrina is right, but I still like the hair like this. ZB gives a very special mood to them. Hmmmm, yeah, it's cool.

gpepper
02-10-2006, 06:44 AM
It's hard to see that in the morning before the breakfast ! :argh:

Gunilla
02-10-2006, 07:26 AM
Good morning all,

Beckie - so when will you sign the snailing contract? I don't think I've seen you snailing at all :scream:

Steph - thanks! Anatomy of a cabin? Haha, good suggestion to call it - I don't want to leave this cosy corner ... at least not before you :deal:

Mona - Speaking hair... ahah, now that's really nuts! :D

Sabrina - thanks, and I will do more work on the hair in PS later - if I ever get that far...
Great suggestion and paintover, thank you! Yes, the shoulders-it looks more anatomical correct in your version for sure. I've tried to make the shape that women often has in old paintings, with the bottlelike shoulders, but I think I overdid it. The original Venus (http://www.riversidebook.com/images/8botticelli.jpg)
Maybe it's the contrast between the soft shoulders and the more slim hips that doesn't work... I'll look into it. :thumbsup:

Scooter - Nice to see you here in the Nutclub :) And thanks for cheering and liking Venus with guts.

Gilles - haha, having a weak stomach? Don't worry - you can get used to it. The doctor suggest 3-4 visit a day :wise:

So, I'm right now stuck with several freelance illustrations, webdesign (again!) and birthday parties :) I will try to make some updates during the weekend though - thanks for your patience and interest!

Lemog
02-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Good morning Gunie...

of course, it's better... not realistic but terribly graphic, definitively the good way... maybe that need to be less grany... more alonged shader... but like that, it's really in the same mood that the rest... good :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
02-10-2006, 11:21 AM
Oof, I just have to drop in to say Good Morning and hello...another night where I simply crashed out (probably looked like I was online, heh) :D ~ I think I have developed a sleep disorder! :scream:

Looking forward to doing a bit of cheering this weekend...and having more time! :)

Cheers,

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-10-2006, 05:12 PM
Laurent - glad you think it's on the right way! Hmmm ... yes, you're right about the grainy bump...I just had to try another texture. It's so fun, and I always tend to do "to much" in my textures. And this metallic might just be a bit to much :)

Beckie - What!? You've been sleeping again?! That must be at least three times this month, right? :D

So good morning now, and have a great day ... mine is about to end.

Gunilla
02-12-2006, 01:19 PM
http://www.bitspin.net/wip/venus6.jpg

... many crashes and renderings later - I've finally moced the project into PS for finishing up. Small change to her upper part according to Sabrinas suggestions - thanks Sabie :thumbsup:
The organs are now rendered separately and will be tweaked, shadowed manually. Have not figured out what kind of background she'll have, but it will probably be dark as this.
A frame? Maybe, I will try a golden frame to give it that old-time look I'm after.

Updates... as soon as time permits (you know us snails...:))

Rebeccak
02-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Gunie,

I definitely like this a lot. Have you seen the work of the Brothers Quay: (http://www.awn.com/mag/issue1.3/articles/buchan1.3.html)

http://www.sheffieldtheatres.co.uk/education/productions/macbeth/images/Quay%20Bros.jpg

http://www.awn.com/mag/issue1.3/images/quay2.gif

http://static.flickr.com/28/42842901_9c3fc1adb4_o.jpg

http://static.flickr.com/13/16408960_4e9300839f_s.jpg

http://www.cinemanews.gr/v4/aiff2005/images/608.jpg

Also the work of Dave McKean (http://www.mckean-art.co.uk/)

Incredible work! I really think it might be cool if you incorporated your model into some sort of 3D box construction, a la Joseph Cornell (I'm mentioning all of my favorite artists, heh!)

http://www.hedonia.net/art/images/cornell/cornell_an%20analemma.jpg

http://www.nelepets.com/art/images/pictures/surrealism/cornell--3.jpg

This is actually the direction I'd like to take my personal work in...I just love these fantastic artists, and would like to work more in this 'vein', no pun intended! :D

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-12-2006, 02:55 PM
No, hadn't seen those.

Beckie - these are just great inspiration, and very much in line with my plans too - thank you! :bounce:

I was recently at a photo exhibit and got stuck in front of this one...

http://www.stromholm.com/bild/bilder/paris/0070.jpg

I've thinking of maybe making it the start for another project. Glad to see you're a fan of dolls too :scream:

The boxes are also very cool - oh, if there was unlimited time!

And maybe the box is a good solution for this one, would give a wax cabinet touch to it... will try. :)

Rebeccak
02-12-2006, 03:01 PM
Gunie,

No problem! Ooh, that picture is fantastic!! I just love old dolls, there's just something super creepy and interesting about them.

A photographer whose work I just happened to stumble upon while browsing the art magazines in a bookstore is Michiko Kon:

http://www.multiply.org/plural/02/scrawl.kon.html

A Japanese photographer who uses (real) fish in her work in just the darndest ways. Really beautiful black and white photography, to which I'm partial. I have her book, "Still Lifes (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0893817686/sr=8-1/qid=1139756453/ref=sr_1_1/102-3838426-5254504?%5Fencoding=UTF8)" which is really beautiful.

~"Beckie"

Zapan
02-12-2006, 05:25 PM
Yay , an update :cool:

And a great one ... now we have a nice mood :)

Few things ... the hair on the left hand is quite weird ... feel like you added it to hide the hand (itself here to hide her intimity) :curious: :)
Some shadows are betraying the distance like the shoulder hairs or the skin stomach but I guess that's easily fixable with PS...

Anyway , you're doing great for sure , and fast ... Gunie , speedy~snail ...

Looking forward to see the next ... anywhen :scream:

Have a great end of weekend ... and a good start of the week ;)

see ya , chears ,

-Scar~Go

daWinky
02-13-2006, 05:10 AM
Good morning everyone, Good morning Gunilla!

I really appreciate the mood of the latest update, definetely a good direction to go:thumbsup: ! Perhaps the hair shader is still too grainy? Becca's suggestion for the background is interesting, I could well imagine this displayed in a box:) ...I'm curious now to see the next update!

Have a great start in the week!:wavey:

-sabrina

Lemog
02-13-2006, 07:49 AM
Good morning Gunie...

Nice update girl... I see you want pass to another thing now... Beckie suggestion are very good... great inspiration... then, if you want to really finish your piece quickly, maybe you can do a super composition in PS... while mixing your actual creation, with contrasted parts... of other mediums... photos, parts of issues, sheet of paper, tags... that can give mode reference to your mood, and add like that a particular feeling, a little bit disturbing, as these dirty broken dolls...
...or... the white border make me think to a polaroid photo... then, you can do a pice of wall... with this photo hung above, with maybe some other object, a bit disgusting... too obtain something like the wall of a mad guy... as an horror collector...:)

...mmmh, some morning thoughts :scream:

have a nice day girl :wavey:

Rebeccak
02-13-2006, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Lemog: then, if you want to really finish your piece quickly, maybe you can do a super composition in PS... while mixing your actual creation, with contrasted parts... of other mediums... photos, parts of issues, sheet of paper, tags... that can give mode reference to your mood, and add like that a particular feeling, a little bit disturbing, as these dirty broken dolls...
...or... the white border make me think to a polaroid photo... then, you can do a pice of wall... with this photo hung above, with maybe some other object, a bit disgusting... too obtain something like the wall of a mad guy... as an horror collector...:)

...mmmh, some morning thoughts :scream:
Hmm...perhaps we're a bad influence on him? :curious: :D :scream:

Lemog
02-13-2006, 08:18 AM
mmmh... about dolls ? :curious: :D :scream:

Rebeccak
02-13-2006, 08:19 AM
No...probably just generally...:D :wise: :beer:

Gunilla
02-13-2006, 08:36 AM
Morning all :)

Oh - some great suggestions flying around here, like it!

Beckie - Wow, those fish photos are so wierd... and so nice at the same time. Good inspiration!

Steph - Great catch with the hair on her hand ... it was indeed placed there to cover it :)
Will try to make it better.
The shadows rendred in ZB is really strange ... the hair on her sholder is understandable, but the strange one in her right armpit? :shrug: Needs to be fixed manually.
Thanks again... and I am going to finish this pretty soon :D

Sabrina - thank you! And yes, I will try to make something in between a box and a frame - hopefully I have some spare time this week. Have a great day too :)

Laurent - Good morning to you - and some really good and creepy suggestions :)
A horror collector - mmmhh, yes something like that - I want it to look like an old thing though, as something from the 1600th century or the like. But theses are really good mood pointers - thanks for walking the creepy path with me :scream:

Beckie, Lolo - haha, yes - next thing we know is Lemog is starting to cut pretty dolls in pieces and spraying them with blood :scream:
... not really, no :D

Rebeccak
02-13-2006, 08:41 AM
Beckie, Lolo - haha, yes - next thing we know is Lemog is starting to cut pretty dolls in pieces and spraying them with blood :scream:
... not really, no :D
I...I could no longer be a fan of Lolo then...:surprised :scream:

Zapan
02-14-2006, 01:06 PM
... and I am going to finish this pretty soon

May I submit a tiny suggestion ?
I think you should start over the whole thing ... and make a guy ... with apple breasts ... :wise: :twisted:

Ahaha :scream: ... kidding ... maybe not ... :p

Have a great day sweetie :)

cheers ,

-Steph

Gunilla
02-15-2006, 07:32 AM
May I submit a tiny suggestion ?
I think you should start over the whole thing ... and make a guy ... with apple breasts ... :wise: :twisted:

Hahaha! In your dreams, baby!
I plan to finish it this week - and move on to the next project, not decided what that'll be yet.

thanks for cheering!

Lemog
02-15-2006, 08:23 AM
Hahaha! In your dreams, baby!
hahaha... really apprecied this sentence honey... :scream: hahaha... mort de rire...

...and good morning :wavey:

gpepper
02-15-2006, 08:41 AM
Salut ! Bon matin !
Morning girl and friends !
How are you ?
Your work is getting really cool ! I really like how the hair are becoming !
Continue ? :thumbsup:

Zapan
02-15-2006, 08:57 AM
:scream: ahahah , "mon derriere rouler" :scream:
<--- profil updated now :D

cheers,

-Steph

Lemog
02-15-2006, 09:54 AM
Hahaha... a very good update Cadet :D "mon derriere rouler" too...

Gunilla
02-15-2006, 10:14 AM
Haha, mon derrier rouler so hard I can hardly sit :D

Salut les coupain! :cool:

Gilles - thanks for liking the hair! And yes, I will finish - as soon as I've finished my current job... stay tuned for the last steps :)

Steph - ahaha ,love that profile update, hommage a moi? (my french is getting better, non?) :scream::blush:

Lolo - .. but my french is not so good I can understand the "mon derriere rouler" ...another PORTENAIK? :scream:

See you later, breakfast club!

daWinky
02-15-2006, 10:45 AM
Morning Gunilla! Morning team!

Eagerly waiting now for the final steps:bounce: ....

and mdr = lol in french (as far as I know:blush: )

-sabrina

Rebeccak
02-16-2006, 04:28 PM
Gunie,

I was just pointing out Joel Peter Witkin's work to David / redehlert, and came across this...creepy, but very sublime...

http://www.masters-of-fine-art-photography.com/artphotogallery/photographers/joel_peter_witkin_07.html

http://www.masters-of-fine-art-photography.com/artphotogallery/photographers/joel_peter_witkin_09.html

http://www.masters-of-fine-art-photography.com/artphotogallery/photographers/joel_peter_witkin_27.html

Lemog
02-16-2006, 04:46 PM
Sweet references Beckie... this guy is really a great artist... certainly a strange friend :scream: ... certainly much motivation and much inspiration for our dear Gunie :bounce: :wavey:

Rebeccak
02-16-2006, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Lolo! :D I have strange artistic tastes, I'm glad you guys don't think I'm a total wierdo...it's funny, I'm probably the most normal, average, not very artistic looking person you might meet on the street...little would one know that Witkin and Odd Nerdrum are some of my favorite artists! :scream:

I don't know what this means...:curious: :blush: :shrug:

Gunilla
02-16-2006, 04:58 PM
Sabrina - aha!thanks for thefrench lesson, and thanks for your morning greeting - always appreciated, even at noon :D

Beckie - Oh yes... very creepy, strange and discomfortable - I like it! And the first one is a bit related to my Venus I think ... thanks. You seem to be able to find just the right pictures for everyone - very impressive :)

Lolo - I agree, he's almost as strange as me... but only almost :scream:

I'm almost finished with the freelance job I mentioned a while back - it's been just as fun (and as difficult) as I expected ... but now I should have time for the last steps with this one.

tremble, Steph, tremble with fear ... :twisted: :D

Rebeccak
02-16-2006, 05:00 PM
tremble, Steph, tremble with fear ... :twisted: :D
Haaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahaha!!! :scream: Gunie vs. Steph showdown 2006? I can't wait! :bounce:

Beckie - Oh yes... very creepy, strange and discomfortable - I like it! And the first one is a bit related to my Venus I think ... thanks. You seem to be able to find just the right pictures for everyone - very impressive :)
Thanks Gunie! :)

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-16-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks, Lolo! :D I have strange artistic tastes, I'm glad you guys don't think I'm a total wierdo...it's funny, I'm probably the most normal, average, not very artistic looking person you might meet on the street...little would one know that Witkin and Odd Nerdrum are some of my favorite artists! :scream:

I don't know what this means...:curious: :blush: :shrug:

Liking that kind of art is a perfectly natural way of balancing things - meaning, you're so kind and generous you could afford it. If someone a bit meaner like it then we can get afraid :scream:

Haha, just kidding of course. There was a big Nerdrum show on here some years ago - caused a big debate since they advertised with the exhibit poster in the subway ... not very appreciated by some people that had to stare into this (http://www.nerdrum.com/works/1998-2000/selfportrait_in_golden.jpg) when going to the office in the morning :scream:
I'm also very fascinated by that edge between beauty and disgust... so that makes another weirdo here :thumbsup:

Edit: Stop being so fast!!! You posted before me twice in a row ... must grease my fingers :scream:

Gunie vs. Steph showdown 2006? I can't wait! :bounce:

Hey! 2006!? Don't stress us!

Rebeccak
02-16-2006, 05:13 PM
Liking that kind of art is a perfectly natural way of balancing things - meaning, you're so kind and generous you could afford it. If someone a bit meaner like it then we can get afraid :scream:

Haha, just kidding of course. There was a big Nerdrum show on here some years ago - caused a big debate since they advertised with the exhibit poster in the subway ... not very appreciated by some people that had to stare into this (http://www.nerdrum.com/works/1998-2000/selfportrait_in_golden.jpg) when going to the office in the morning :scream:
I'm also very fascinated by that edge between beauty and disgust... so that makes another weirdo here :thumbsup:

Edit: Stop being so fast!!! You posted before me twice in a row ... must grease my fingers :scream:
:scream: *Phew!* *wipes sweat from brow* Me? Fast? You and Steph are the record setters! :thumbsup:

Zapan
02-16-2006, 05:15 PM
Mon derriere rouler !! ahhhhh ahahahahahah !

Could we do a chocolate eating contest instead ? :D

Rebeccak
02-16-2006, 05:17 PM
Mon derriere rouler !! ahhhhh ahahahahahah !

Could we do a chocolate eating contest instead ? :D
Well, in that case, I may participate as well! :scream:

Gunilla
02-16-2006, 05:19 PM
:scream: *Phew!* *wipes sweat from brow* Me? Fast? You and Steph are the record setters! :thumbsup:
Haha - fast in posting, slow in updating - right, Steph? :deal:

Steph - Chocolate? sure, and also the "speedy-spam-contest", let's steel the trophy from Beckie!

...runs :D

Edit: And she did it again!! :banghead:

Zapan
02-16-2006, 05:30 PM
I guess we 're a particular categorie of people who is not afraid of posting (useless spam most of time ) ... *munches a chocolate piece*

Posting frenzy powaaa :bounce: .... snailing the rest of the day :argh: :scream:

Gunilla
02-17-2006, 01:27 PM
And now it's beginning to get a bit creepy - I've done a test with Beckies Box idea... so what do you think? And Steph - does the hair looks less strange now?
Note : the box is from a photo of an insect collection

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/ibox.jpg

Gunilla
02-17-2006, 09:02 PM
... and one in plain wooden frame, as an old painting.
This is fun :)

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/wood.jpg

Stressed yet, Steph? :scream:

Rebeccak
02-17-2006, 09:05 PM
Gunie,

I really like this second one a lot, it's really beautiful! :arteest:Maybe adding a sense of depth might work, as though the figure is in a shallow box?

Looking awesome! :bounce:

~"Beckie"

Rebeccak
02-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Also, I can't believe that I forgot about this book, but it is so up your alley it is not even funny!

Encyclopaedia Anatomica (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/3822838489/sr=8-1/qid=1140210594/ref=pd_bbs_1/002-0376917-4440864?%5Fencoding=UTF8)

You totally need this book, Gunie, it's amazing! :) Wax models of anatomy from early Italy...1700s?

Here is a small preview (http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b380/rebeccak5/Anatomy%20Thread%20of%20Gunilla/for-Gunie.jpg)...so perfect! :thumbsup:

~Rebeccak

Gunilla
02-18-2006, 08:10 AM
Hey Beckie - You're totally right! *running to the bookstore... thanks!
And now you tricked me into my other passion in life...books! Can't get enough of them it seems, my small flat has bookshelves from bottom to top so I'm trying to restrain myself ... but this...I think...MUST HAVE :scream:

I'll see if I can kick some life in my scanner later to show you some of the wax models that got me started on this.

About the box - the top one is supposed to be in a box, doesn't it show? :shrug: Anyway, I'm a bit hesitant since I think the cut off head looks very strange for an object in a box ... the second version, with the slight canvas structure seems better today - I will continue with some more tests before deciding.

Thanks for cheering and for always being around - have a great evening/morning whatever it is in Beccaland :D

EDIT: *running home from the bookstore - I got it! :thumbsup: ... Aaaahhh :love:

Zapan
02-18-2006, 10:12 AM
Ohh ! how great is that !! :eek:

... and yes hair works much better now ... really cool :thumbsup:
I'm totally a fan of that second frame ... I think it would be fine in my living room... :wise:
mmmh, the finishing line will be up soon ... but now I'm all curious about your next project :deal:

Have a great weekend !!

cheers ,

-Steph

Gunilla
02-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Steph - indeed, it's on the finishing line :bounce:

And thanks for cheering that :D

Next project... mmm, not to sure yet, maybe some smaller quickies - probably still anatomy.
If I don't get started with architecture... ah, the choices :banghead:

Gunilla
02-18-2006, 03:45 PM
OK - so here's a combo of the two pics ... I really think this is it now. On towards new adventures!

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/figuribox.jpg

Rebeccak
02-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Wow, Gunie...really beautiful result!!! :bounce:There is such an amazing sense of atmosphere to this piece...great to see it come to a successful finish, and can't wait to see your next project!

Originally posted by Gunie: Hey Beckie - You're totally right! *running to the bookstore... thanks!
And now you tricked me into my other passion in life...books! Can't get enough of them it seems, my small flat has bookshelves from bottom to top so I'm trying to restrain myself ... but this...I think...MUST HAVE
I so totally know! If only I had the money, I would try to turn my home into a mini~library....:scream:

I'll see if I can kick some life in my scanner later to show you some of the wax models that got me started on this.
Oooh....pretty please? :D :thumbsup:

About the box - the top one is supposed to be in a box, doesn't it show? Anyway, I'm a bit hesitant since I think the cut off head looks very strange for an object in a box ... the second version, with the slight canvas structure seems better today - I will continue with some more tests before deciding.
Yes, you're right, that could come across as a bit Se7en...:D

Thanks for cheering and for always being around - have a great evening/morning whatever it is in Beccaland
Hehe, happy to oblige, thanks! :D :)
EDIT: *running home from the bookstore - I got it! ... Aaaahhh :love:
AWESOME!!! :bounce:

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-18-2006, 04:22 PM
Beckie - Here are the models I mentioned. Unfortunately only three of them in the catalogue but you could get an idea of the style.
They are from a wax show located just beside the big funfair about 150 years ago... and as such it was some mix between scientific and entertaining. Most models where of young beautiful women. The most fascinating ones was of cut off body parts - very surreal, sorry to not have pictures of them.

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/wax1.jpg

This one is called "Venus in the bath" :)

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/wax2.jpg

http://www.bitspin.net/wip/wax3.jpg

This one is creepy - note the hands that is holding her down... strange times indeed.

makaron
02-18-2006, 04:29 PM
Tjusigt Gunilla :) Like the frame... she if I can say that "a open thorn belly of a woman" looks good... makes me courios abot the human organs too... well done... :thumbsup:
riktigt bra hörru...:applause:
I see more creepy stuff turn up here... haha.. love those "dolls"

Rebeccak
02-18-2006, 04:37 PM
Gunie,

That is so cool! Thanks for posting these...it appears we have the same strange tastes! :scream:

I can't explain why I like imagery like this, but it is just so amazing...and a real source of artistic inspiration, that is for sure! You would totally love the film work of the Brother's Quay, as they do stop motion animation using really creepy dolls, etc., it's really gorgeous work. I tried watching one of their live motion pieces (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/630595769X/qid=1140280587/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/103-7926804-7893437?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130) and wasn't as impressed, but 'Street of Crocodiles' has to be seen. It's part of their compilation DVD (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/6305957681/qid=1140280587/sr=8-1/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-7926804-7893437?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=130) which I have and it's amazing (though definitely wierd).

~"Beckie"

Zapan
02-19-2006, 01:37 AM
*violins music*
... I lost ... ... I went outside and drank to forget my failure ... burp ... :D

And even if I'm a little drunk here , I think you have made an amazing job here , especially considering the fact you were learning a new software :thumbsup:
Awesome work ... and... and I can't wait to see your next project which obviously will be anatomy related :wise: :twisted: ... :D
and ... and I think I'm gonna fall asleep on my keyboard ... and ... I ... .... *zzz ... zzz ... zzz ... *

chears , :)

-Steph ... burp...

Gunilla
02-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Beckie - Oh, don't tempt me into starting to collect DVDs too :D
I will have to check the Brothers out though... sounds really cool.
I don't know why those waxes appeal so strong to me - maybe it's because the material is so "alive". It's almost like something inbetween a sculpture and a living thing... strange.
There was some modern work on the show too - like this one (http://www.omkonst.com/Bilder05/kroppen_05_100.jpg) Cool, eh?

Steph - So, out partying, eh? Good for you! (I was too)
Hope you have a good nights sleep now so you can catch up with me :)

I haven't decided my next project yet but it might include her previously chopped up head - maybe to show the eye and the facial muscles?

Have a great day all.

And my Venus is now in the gallery here (http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=319961) Ahh, I love to finish things :)

daWinky
02-20-2006, 05:58 AM
Good morning Gunilla!

I just stumbled over your finished Venus in the 3d gallery:eek: ...seems that I've missed you're passing the finish line during the weekend. But the picture is just great:thumbsup: , congrats for finishing your first zBrush project! Well done!
And I really hope that you love to start projects even more than finishing, so we'll see some more creepy and beautiful things here soon. The exchange of links between you and Becca is very promising:) ...already any ideas for the next project ?

-sabrina

Rebeccak
02-20-2006, 06:08 AM
Thanks Sabie for pointing that out! I've just posted a message, hey, you should have told us Gunie! :bounce:

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-20-2006, 06:55 AM
she if I can say that "a open thorn belly of a woman" looks good... makes me courios abot the human organs too... well done... :thumbsup:

Thanks Mona - and I might just continue on this line with the next project!

Morning Sabrina! Well, I spent last night with going through my new book with wax models... not sure what to do yet, maybe some smaller projects could be fun. Thanks for your greetings :thumbsup:

Becca - thank you, and I did :scream:

Have a great day all and see you!

gpepper
02-20-2006, 07:11 AM
Nice nice nice !
your next project ? Maybe the next CGsociety Challenge ! :argh:

Zapan
02-20-2006, 07:44 AM
Yeah , like Beckie I'm shocked to discover it only now ... This Venus has been a surprise until the end :wise: ...

Anyway :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Chears ,

-Steph

Rebeccak
02-20-2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by Gunie: Becca - thank you, and I did :scream:
I must be going senile...:surprised

Hmm, with Beckie, Gunie, Sabie, (makaron~ie?) :D maybe we should add Steph and gpepper in there too...Steph~anie and g~peppie? :scream:

And of course, there's Lemoggie...:wise:

Chears, :)

~"Beckie"

Zapan
02-20-2006, 07:50 AM
HEY I heard that !! :twisted::scream:

makaron
02-20-2006, 08:02 AM
just me... makaron~ie aka mak~ie :p or as usal, blond~ie... :rolleyes:
BTW. love to see more of this kind of things Gunilla. I really hope that you do one as your next projekt. One of these bodyparts maybe as you mention before? :bounce:

Gunilla
02-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Gilles - thank you! coming from a true ZB:er it warms my heart :love:
Not sure about the next challenge... it seems I have to make other priorities for a while. As looking for a new job :sad:

Steph(anie), Beckie - Don't worry, you're not senile .... I edited in the link in my previous post, because I'm such a humble and shy person :blush:
And Beck, your new name suggestions are really cute, much less macho than Scar-Go and Jay-Pepp :D

Mackie - as in Mackie the Knife, that's cool :cool: And thanks - I'm pretty sure more bodyparts will show up here quite soon.

Thanks all for your great support and nice greetings here and in the gallery :love:

Squibbit
02-20-2006, 02:45 PM
http://www.bitspin.net/wip/figuribox.jpg

dat's one tough model

Gunilla
02-20-2006, 03:57 PM
Squibbit - thank you, good sir :thumbsup:

Gunilla
02-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Well - I don't know if this is good news for my project or bad news... I just lost my steady job :cry:
This might give me more time for personal projects but on the other hand I really should get my act together and start a massive marketing campaign... or at least make that new website I've been talking about for a year, and update my medic animation reel and spam all agencies around.

Yesterday I took the first steps with modeling a head in ZB since that was the "forgotten" part from my Venus project. Maybe I'll use it to do an eye study as in the new book I got recommended from Beckie. I gotreally inspiredwhen looking at all the wax models :)

We'll see - wish me good luck!

Zapan
02-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Arf ...

Oh man , I really don't know what to say ... well I guess that's never good news to lose a job ... but in the other hand , maybe it will give you the opportunity to find something even better ... gonna pray for this. *hugs*
Well if agency's people are enjoying your spams as much as me , definitely you're on the way !:) .

Eye studies sound great, would love to see that ... but no rush here , works problems go first...
Brighter days will come very soon :)

Have a great day

cheers ,

-Steph~ie ... need a hot date here ?

daWinky
02-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Hey Gunnie,

so sorry to hear this. Really bad news...no doubt that your first priority now should be gathering all your impressive stuff for a new website/portfolio to show people your skills...The way you're going with your medical illustrations and animations is so interesting that I hope it shouldn't be too difficult to find something new. Anyways I wish you good luck and keep my fingers crossed for success as soon as possible...

-sabrina

Gunilla
02-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Steph - thanks for your wishes, that's how I try to see it, as the beginning of something new and better. :) But I could definitely need a hot date tonight :D

Sabrina - thank you so much, I have wished for a way to go back to freelancing fulltime - this just wasn't the way I had planned it ... thanks both for your support.
I will need some extra hard kicking for a while - self marketing is the worst :eek:
But if I can get something out of it - it will be worth it!

Thanks again team :wavey:

Rebeccak
02-24-2006, 02:35 PM
Gunie,

I am so sorry to hear about this...but I wholeheartedly believe that when one door closes, another door opens. I don't say this lightly, I actually think that forced change can be a godsend at times...so I hope the best for your next opportunity, and knowing your spunk and talent, I doubt that you should have a problem finding a new job. ;)

Keep your head up Gunie, we're all rooting for you! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Beckie - thanks, and I really hope you're right... I will go hunting for sure.
I'm so glad I have all my online workmates still :)
You guys are he best!

Rebeccak
02-24-2006, 03:05 PM
Heya, Gunie :)

Believe me you guys have brightened many of my days, so we're happy to do so in return...:) These things are inevitable, two very good friends lost jobs because the government contracts didn't come through, so a very good friend had to move to another state, which is a real shame (second baby on the way) though it may be the best for he and his family, and the state to which he is moving (North Carolina) has a better atmosphere for raising a family than around here. :) So I guess every cloud has a silver lining. That may be cliche, but I think it's completely true. :)

Keep a smile on your face, Gunie, but don't let our spam keep you from your job search. :)

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-25-2006, 09:28 AM
Beckie - I've no doubt in my mind that the time will permit both spam and jobsearch :D
Don't want to miss the daily chats here.

OK - here's my new website, let me know what you think http://www.bitspin.net/

Some material for updating the print section is missing since that's on my officemachine. The rest is a facelift to promote me as a medic ill - here we go!

makaron
02-25-2006, 12:04 PM
sorry about the job Gunilla... hope you find a huge big freelansing soon... :)
but itīs good news for the spamdepartment...
ops! better say... me? I donīt know what spam is... http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/engel/J_11SE%7E12.GIF Beckie is around... ;)

do you have any new projekts going on Gunilla?

BTW... love the colors on your wesite... nice design...it looks really good and works well...
me like it!

Rebeccak
02-25-2006, 03:32 PM
Gunie,

Beautiful new website, the colors are great, they're really you! :thumbsup: I love how your illustrations don't just look like cold clinical works, but have the touch of the personal ~ that's really cool (and refreshing) to see. :)
Originally posted by makaron~ie: ops! better say... me? I donīt know what spam is... http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/engel/J_11SE%7E12.GIF Beckie is around... ;)
:scream: Haaaaaaa!! :D

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-26-2006, 07:27 AM
Good morning!

Mona - thank you! And that is one funny smiley :scream: - a good choice for the spamteam for sure!
New project? I have some old things to finish up first - but there will be.

Beckie - Thank you, and I hope this looks more appealing to the hopefully new arriving clients with big wallets :D
Thanks both for taking the time - much appreciated!

Have a good day and rest of the weekend...oupps, Sunday already!

Rebeccak
02-26-2006, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by Gunie: Thank you, and I hope this looks more appealing to the hopefully new arriving clients with big wallets :D
Thanks both for taking the time - much appreciated!
No problem Gunie! And good luck with the big clients...I'm sure you will wow them! :thumbsup:

Have a good day and rest of the weekend...oupps, Sunday already!
Hey, guess who is arriving shortly (we hope!) A french nut perhaps? :bounce:

~"Beckie"

makaron
02-26-2006, 05:56 PM
Hey, guess who is arriving shortly (we hope!) A french nut perhaps? :bounce:

~"Beckie"

do you talking about Mr Spam aka the french nutty thing... :bounce:
ops! sunday almost over... I better http://hem.bredband.net/makaron/engel/J_11SE%7E12.GIF

daWinky
02-27-2006, 05:22 AM
Good morning Gunilla!

I hope you spent a nice weekend...I just had a look at your homepage, so good to see the twins again:) ...and you have gathered a lot of really interesting and high quality illustrations and animations:thumbsup: !
So I have just some minor technical suggestions...some of the pics on the illustration site open in a own new window, some don't and they have no back-button, so your in danger to close the main page...make this consistent and may be it's a good idea to link the backspin-logo always with the "back to startpage"-command like you've done it on the design and cv-page...:shrug:
Anyways, the overall impression is very appealing and I hope you'll have a lot of new clients soon:deal: !

Have a nice day!

-sabrina

Lemog
02-27-2006, 05:35 AM
Morning Gunie... yes, the french nut is back... in first, very happy to discover the finished Venus... and in second, very disapointed by the news...

It's very sad... and a shame for these madguys... but in other hand, as said previously by all our friends, that must be your chance, your chance to evolve. That will permit you to start the profesional life dreamed... as freelancer... you will exprim your skills with a better manner.

I'm happy to see the update of your website Gunie, it was really the first step where working... and this new version is very better... much things, but very clear, the most important.

I mean that the first feeling when we walk on this site, is to already understand that this person know well her job, very professional, many works and many references... that's do very serious, another thing very important for my eyes.

I agree with Sabie with these pages which close the site... I do unfortunetely this experience too... it's a bad effect for the visitor... it's the only prob I can see for the moment...

...and as we said in france... "merde" to you, for your future work, for your future of freelancer... and a big smack :love:

...and for your spare time or for resting... don't forget to continue your personal projects... and spam :scream: :bounce:

Gunilla
02-27-2006, 07:15 AM
Beckie- Yes, finally Monday ... the whole spam team are gathered :beer:

Mona - :D

Sabrina - Good morning and thanks! Yes, the images... It's because I don't have pages for the images but linking directly to the Jpegs. I have to check that, maybe there's a workaround or an automatic tool for creating all the pages.
Glad you like the background image, almost feels like home now :)

Lolo - Good morning, it's so good to have you back. And yes, I hope for this to be a start for something better - at least for something new :)
Glad you like the website, so do you think I have to many images? Sometimes it's hard to bury the old ones...
thanks for the smack - and one back to you :scream:

So, I've been a very efficient worker this weekend - I've finished my new medicanimation reel and will post it soon in the gallery.

Have a great day all :wavey:

OK - reel is up now http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322304

Please let me know what you think ( you will recognise some parts) :)

Lemog
02-27-2006, 07:18 AM
No, I don't think you have too many images... the number make serious, and the navigation is fast and easy... good point... good to keep all these images :) ...

...I'm waiting the new animation now... mhh mhh mhh :scream:

Gunilla
02-27-2006, 07:21 AM
Good!
... and I updated my post with the link when you where posting :scream:

here it is http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=322304

Edit: and W000t! just got my first offer from a new client - going to meet them this week.
:bounce:

Zapan
02-27-2006, 08:55 AM
Ouh yeah , somebody didn't snail this weekend !!

Great update for your website , that's really cool to see all your awesome recent pics there !
No doubt you'll impress many guys with black wallet :wise:

one day I should start some of these too ...

Have a great day Gunie , ... and ...and what ? a new client already ? YAAAAY !! Will cross my fingers for you :bounce:

cheers ,

-Steph

gpepper
02-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Excellent work you've done Gunie !
Your new webste is really nice and your reel too !
I hope you will get some cool work soon !

Gunilla
02-27-2006, 12:54 PM
Steph - Yup, snail days are over ... for some time :)
thank you - and I hope my marketing spamming will give good results... after all I'm pretty good at spamming now :wise:

Gilles - thank you, birthday boy ;)

Edit: Sabrina, Lolo - thanks again. I had forgot the _blank tag in the newer links:blush:
Now all images opens in a new window - nice catch, both :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
02-27-2006, 05:08 PM
...And the team is intact! :thumbsup:

Hope you are having a great day Gunie! :)

Cheers,

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
02-28-2006, 07:52 AM
Hey Beckie - finally found your blog (http://rebeccak4.blogspot.com/)What a cool idea - another place to spam :scream:
Don't worry - I wont, but it reminds me I have to make a link page for my site... thanks,

Have a great day all :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
02-28-2006, 07:55 AM
Hey, Gunie, thanks for checking that out! :bounce:

~"Beckie"

Gunilla
06-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Ouch - this thread have been so neglected lately, sorry for no updates.
The last months I've been busy with creating a stock image portfolio, mostly medical stuff in ... a collection of work from the last few years. Some are made as illustrations and some are stills from animations. Anyways - in case you want to take a look it's at Sciencephoto here. (http://www.sciencephoto.com/search/searchLogic.html?_uri=%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.html&userid=&power=1&country=67&searchstring=Gunilla%2BElam&Search.x=21&Search.y=13&Search=Search&subtype=photo&matchtype=fuzzy&subject=-1&photorestrict=&perpage=18&view=standard&orderby=both&historyid=-1)
I hope to be back here with some more internal stuff later this summer, I'm planning to continue of my foetus theme from the Spectacular challenge - this time with a series of images of one foetus, from conception to birth.

It will be some time though since I'm busy with moving to a new appartment :)

Lemog
06-16-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm already happy to see that life come back here Gunie... best wishes with Sciencephotos...

Your project for a series of pictures about foetus seem more of interesting... I hope to see soon this progression :thumbsup:

Nice day for you... and much fun with your other actual project... less virtual :)

Zapan
06-16-2006, 01:39 PM
weeeee How great to spam again in here !!

A spectacular foetus story ? sounds awesome !!!
Looking forward to it .... and also have a great time with the moving , I'm sure the new place is great fore you and Muffen ! :thumbsup:

cheers ,

-Zapan

Rebeccak
06-16-2006, 01:40 PM
Hiya Gunie,

I was just saying to Lolo yesterday that I missed you guys and didn't know where you were :D ~ it's great to see you back here! :bounce:The Sciencephoto images are great, they have that unmistakeable Gunie imprint on them, it's great to see ~ many of those I don't think I've seen before.

Looking forward to the foetus series, if you haven't seen From Conception to Birth by Alexander Tsiaras, you should definitely check it out! :thumbsup:

http://www.anatomicaltravel.com/CB_site/Conception_to_birth3.htm

~Beckie

Zapan
06-16-2006, 03:08 PM
Oh my god !!! the Hung computer (http://www.sciencephoto.com/images/download_wm_image.html/T420493-Hung_computer,_computer_artwork-SPL.jpg?id=844200493) is my dead pc award :scream: ...

Some really awesome artworks there , you mastering doing cells ...

:)

-Steph

scootermaya
06-16-2006, 03:43 PM
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo I see everyone is moving latelly!:banghead:

I wish you good luck dear Gunie. (I am still unpacking my stuff in Luxembourg)

Hi to everyone here ! I will come back and post onto the forum next week hopefully ! :bounce:

chuss !

Gunilla
06-16-2006, 06:34 PM
Something tells me we're in for a spam session here ;)

How good to see you all - feel like ages...

Lolo - "less virtual" haha, you're right about that - there's nothing virtual about washing and packing and sorting... unfortunately. I wish there where a "Moving Sim" :D
A foetus serie could be really fun, much work of course but possibly worth it ... and with some pushing I might even finish.

Steph - Glad you like the idea! And Muffen is very happy since he will get a brand new terrace to chase pigeons on (or so he says - we'll see about who's chasing who)

Beckie - I've missed you guys too! :cry: This place is so addictive... thanks for liking the Sciencephoto bunch, some are made especially for this sine 50 images was the required minimum and I had only like 20 to start with.
"From Conception to Birth by Alexander Tsiaras" - that is really both beautiful and pedagogique (?). Do you know how he has made it? I think I recognize some of Lennart Nilssons photos but much seems to be painted?

Steph - Ahh, you cought me there, my secret is out... I'm recycling old junk for making my awards :blush:
But on the other hand - recycling is really the responsible thing to do these days, right? :D

Scooter - Hey! You have move to Luxembourg? How come? New job? :curious:
Good luck with the unpacking!

Good to see you all here - have a great weekend with lots of sun, spam and icecream :thumbsup:

Rebeccak
06-16-2006, 06:41 PM
Hiya Gunie! :)

I'm pretty sure that Tsiaras used Max for his work. I saw his exhibition in DC a while back, it was pretty amazing. Definitely worth getting the book if you can (I haven't yet). Have fun with the unpacking, and hope you settle in nicely! :thumbsup:

~Beckie

Gunilla
06-16-2006, 09:05 PM
Beckie - He used Max, huh? Then I'll do my best to follow in his footsteps - really nice work.
Thanks for your well wishes, I'll probably be busy with this all summer... but once done, I'm off to a flying start, promise :thumbsup:

daWinky
06-19-2006, 06:13 AM
Morning Gunie!

Nice to see some activity here and that the spam team is still around:bounce: ! I've just looked through your work at Sciencephoto, great collection!:thumbsup:
And the idea of a foetus serie in this place sounds more then promising, I'm already looking forward to see something. But first good luck with the moving and your new appartement - a lot of real-life work, and I hope you've a great place for yourself and Muffen if it's done:) !

Have a nice day!

-sabrina

Gunilla
06-19-2006, 07:50 AM
Morning Sabrina!
Thanks for checking out my collection, the plan is to ongoing update it with new stuff - I hope it will turn out worthwhile.
I hope to get started with the foetus series later this summer, it's not likeley any new jobs will turn up until the fall so I will have time.

Beckie- I did some checking on Tsarias, really great work ... it also seems he has a team of 25 artists working for him so maybe it's a bit too ambitious to try to make something similar :(
A series of stills will be fine and probably keep me occupied for while.

Good to see you all in here for some spamming :)

Rebeccak
06-20-2006, 12:12 AM
Hehe, I guess 25 artists might be quite a tall order :D but I can still see you doing some amazing stills! :thumbsup: Frankly a lot of your work reminds me of the still images I saw in the exhibition. :) I'd love to see more of your work in that, erm, vein. :D *cough*

~Beckie

Rebeccak
07-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Gunnnnnnnnnnnnnie!!! Where are your updates??? :D

~Beckie

Gunilla
07-19-2006, 07:34 AM
Beckie - thanks for the push!
I've been soo occupied lately with moving to a new appartment, think - going through old paintings for what to through, clothes, books etc... I've filled the garbage room with sacks of junk! Anyway, the move will be on Monday and after getting settled I hope to be back with full speed. In fact, the whole moving thing have made me very inspired and ambitious ... hope it lasts :)

I can recommend everyone to go through old work from time to time, I've save some for each year since I was a teenager and it's a good way to remind yourself about strenghts and weaknesses - and what need to be practised upon.

Non digital stuff all, I had almost forgot there was a time pre-computers :D

good of you to stopping by, and promise to have something here in a somewhat near future.

Rebeccak
07-19-2006, 07:41 AM
Gunie,

That sounds great! :) We definitely look forward to seeing you back and active on the forum! :)

I agree with you about saving old artwork ~ it's definitely beneficial to see your progression. I've been using my blog to sort of push me along, I envy those who have kept blogs long term ~ I think they really are a great way to track your own progress and see where you came from and where you are headed next. :)

We miss you, looking forward to when you come back! :thumbsup:

Cheers,

~Beckie