PDA

View Full Version : jpeg just fine on my monitors..WAY too dark on most others??

PeaceOfMind
11-26-2002, 08:22 AM
Hey guys,
I've rendered out a jpeg still of a project I'm doing, and on my monitor in my studio and my monitor at home, it comes out just fine, but on many of my friend's monitors, it comes out EXTREMELY dark even with all their monitor settings set to maximum brightness and contrast...while the still shows up just fine on my computers with 50 percent brightness setting. Is there a method of calibrating a monitor to be normal because I have no idea what's going on....the lighting is really essential in my piece. Thanks for any help.

mlykke
11-26-2002, 08:27 AM
Well... one old monitor I use, for non-grahical work, is old and... well crap. It is set to full brightness and contrast, but is still a bit dark.

So to sum up... some monitors are just crap.

playmesumch00ns
11-26-2002, 03:40 PM
This happens to me, but is software-specific. Like it shows up just fine in photoshop, but is way too dark in Internet Explorer or MS's crappy imageview thing. just crappy microsoft i suppose

PeaceOfMind
11-26-2002, 04:35 PM
aargh, I guess I'll just jack up the brightness for the common cheap-monitor peons out there. Is there a brightness setting in the render menu somewhere in maya? or should I just jack up all the light intensities? thanks...

coCoKNIght
11-26-2002, 04:49 PM
You won't have any problems with flatscreens but as was sayd before some normal monitors are crap and will show you a very dark and contrast poor image. One of my renderings is also very dark and on some screens it's even difficult to see that there's actually an object somwhere there in the dark... it happens :shrug:

PeaceOfMind
11-26-2002, 08:42 PM
ooh..you're right...all the people i showed my render on had older monitors while I've been using a flat screen and LCD...thanks...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.