PDA

View Full Version : How ?

AnthonyPicciano
12-24-2005, 11:20 PM
For the life of me i cant figure this out , i am trying to paint an image the same as this blue swirly thing on this mouse pad , any ideas ?

Thank You
Anthony

Yorgo12345
12-24-2005, 11:32 PM
yeah, I can think of a way. Im sure it's not the best/fastest/easiest way, but it's the first thing that comes to mind

on a new layer in screen mode:
1) draw a selection in the shape of the curve
2) fill it with a solid shade of white
3) inverse selection
4) Blur untill the color from INSIDE the shape bleeds out to create the whispy shape you want
5) inverse selection again
6) delete the filled color

like I said, this is not the most elegant solution, but I've been doing something similar with darks/multiply, and I like the effect

let me know if this helps

Yorgo12345
12-24-2005, 11:40 PM
I just eperimented with the techinque I described above, I couldn't really get it to look like your image. maybee you will have better luck

kraal
12-25-2005, 03:32 PM
draw selection in shape of curve.... save that selection ..... now on a bunch of layers fill that selection with a gradient from color to transparent.... on each layer from different angles (hint load the selection in eaclayer and fill) play with that concept and you should be on the right track

berniebernie
12-25-2005, 09:26 PM
You can easily imitate the effect using Philipp Spoeth's Sinedots plugin for Photoshop (free) http://www.philipp-spoeth.de/photoshop/sinedots2.php

and a little tweaking:
http://mlkdesign.online.fr/dump/sinedots.jpg

Jack Youngblood
12-27-2005, 06:17 PM
Dam! A mighty fine 'how to' challenge!

I have had some success with:

1 background a light blue/dark blue gradient
2 on new layer do simple, wobbly line with pen tool
3 stroke with brush (thin diameter)
4 motion blur result
5 place layer off centre
6 pass polar coordinates a few times through it (gotta use your judgement on how layer is placed)

I attach very rough result. play with technique longer to get better results.

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2005, 06:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.