PDA

View Full Version : ZCycle

Pixolator
02-28-2002, 04:49 PM
Hi:)
A motorcycle WIP…

http://www.pixolator.com/ubb/uploaded_files/user_image-1014896341sps.jpg

Not much else to say; other than what can be clearly seen… This cycle is not yet ready for a spin:)

C&C welcome,
-Pixolator

leigh
02-28-2002, 05:03 PM
Hey Pixolator, that bike looks mighty uncomfortable :)
Interesting design, though. But surely the persons elbows would drag along the ground with the handles SO low??
Nice detail on the tyres. :)

Kev Masters
02-28-2002, 05:35 PM
Wow looks really cool, I like all the minor details!!

Did you get your inspiration from Steven Stahlberg's Monobike?

Anyways keep us updated!!

JoBbE
02-28-2002, 06:19 PM
looks great.. and it somehow reminds me of steven stahlberg's work :)

malcolm
02-28-2002, 06:53 PM
very slick !!

can we see a character on it ???

underdog
02-28-2002, 07:17 PM
Great cocept and very good modeling! I like the design, though I couldn't imagine trying to ride it :)

Pixolator
02-28-2002, 09:31 PM
Thanks for kind replies:)
The design is likely to be adjusted to allow for a more ‘comfortable’ ride.
Kev Masters,JoBbe: If possible, please post a link to the motorcycle that you are thinking of.

Pixolator

ToddD
02-28-2002, 10:20 PM
Nice looking model, don't think I'd want to ride it... well on a long trip at least! =) Is there a headlamp there?

goodlag
02-28-2002, 11:02 PM
Nice model, I like the stylizing of the model

Kev Masters
03-01-2002, 04:21 AM
Here are two pics of the monobike of Steven Stahlberg (who is also on the forum if I'm correct):

http://www.androidblues.com/newbike.jpg
http://www.androidblues.com/bikergirl.JPG

From your reaction I assume you didn't use them as inspiration but I think you had the same idea as Steven :D And like your bike better cause it has more detail (it only misses a babe like Steven's ;) )

Pixolator
03-01-2002, 01:40 PM
That is interesting, thanks for posting the links:) I have seen these bikes previously; they look great! but most likely have not directly influenced the above image. We do get to see many images on the web, in prints and at the movies ( TRON ? ) and these most likely do impact what we create as artists. Usually, it is more of a combined influence as opposed to a direct influence by a single item.
We are inspired by what we see and we are given the opportunity to inspire others by what we create. :)

-Pixolator

ACFred
03-01-2002, 03:14 PM
Hey there,

Good looking design. It reminds me of a tricycle I designed in a 3D design class long ago -- so long ago we used wood and foam core to do our 3D design and not computers.

Anyway, the only things that jump out at me that might be a problem are in the bike suspension and in the thigh-pad area of the seat. For the suspension, I recommend beefing it up a little bit. Futuristic or not, I think it'd look more impressive and realistic if the suspension had a little more weight and size.
For the seat, I think the thighpads seem to just be flattened spheres thrown into the other geometry and without some sort of mild transition between the two pieces, you have angles that are too stark. Just blend between the two a bit and you'll be in business.

Keep up the good work!

Alec

TheSymbol
06-26-2002, 04:34 AM
Cool design, Kudos!

One question: There's no way to tell if the bike is steerable. The front wheel seems locked and unable to turn left or right. Is that purposeful or am I missing something?

pearson
06-26-2002, 04:51 AM
Very cool! Love the tyres, as has been said. Doesn't look like a very comfortable ride though. :surprised

Like TheSymbol asked, How does the front wheel turn to steer?
And, since it's a WIP, shouldn't it be in the WIP section?

More! More! :bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.