PDA

View Full Version : Front Mission 5 trailer, impressive real-time PS2 footage

PhilOsirus
12-24-2005, 01:49 AM
http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=8804&pl=game&type=mov

Around 90% of that video is real-time. In fact, other than the first 12 seconds, I believe all the rest is real-time. It's not gameplay footage (it's still as slow-paced in that area as the PS1 Front Mission), but it gives us an idea of how insane games will look two years or so from now, considering this is on an aging platform.

Fonix
12-24-2005, 10:45 AM
Do you mean PS3?
<edit>
wow actually got through the trailer was that really all PS2 graphics? Wow looked like PS3 graphics, but logo at end says PS2, heh.

SpiralFace
12-24-2005, 06:42 PM
OMG, this is looking great.

I LOVE the Front Mission series. The first one was one of the first games I played imported and I've been working in an import shop ever since.

The First one is still one of the best with old Yoshitaka Amano concepts, The second one was insane with Epic battles. The Third one sucked REALY bad and I was disapointed that it was the first entry into the American version of the series, and the 4th one was realy good becuase it took the best parts of the original three and put them all into one game.

I'm curious to see what they do with the 5th game, it looks like there are going to be alot of cut sceans to make it similar to the Metal Gear series. I beleave this will be a welcome add on to the series, as fans of the Metal Gear series Political story lines I beleave will like the Front Mission series Political Story line, as it puts you more in the action, despite the fact that the game is a Turn Based Stratagy game.

JeffPalmer
12-25-2005, 07:53 AM
Looks no better then RE4, and RE4 looked GOOD for a curent gen. My buddy played one of the front mission games and it seemed like a cool strag game, i could never play threw it but to each his own. Looks cool, thanks for the heads up.

PhilOsirus
12-27-2005, 03:46 AM
Looks no better then RE4, and RE4 looked GOOD for a curent gen. My buddy played one of the front mission games and it seemed like a cool strag game, i could never play threw it but to each his own. Looks cool, thanks for the heads up.

RE4 is hands down the best looking console game ever, I'll give you that. But I wouldn't say the cinematics in this game don't look as good, the thing is RE4 managed to pull this off through the whole game. Next-gen will be insane.

cgtalkiest
12-28-2005, 12:58 PM
it looks great, but i would say that it is very obvious which bits are in game shots, and which are pre-rendered. It doesnt look like anything we havnt seen before...

I would be surprised if the explosions looked that good in-game, and once u take some of that DOF and nicely animated camera angles out of the game, youve pretty much got normal ps2 graphics...

looks like a great game none-the-less.

CGTalk Moderation
12-28-2005, 12:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.