PDA

View Full Version : X-Mas Price for AoN Studio ?

Wireframes
12-23-2005, 11:19 PM
Hi the list

I'm just wonder if there is any special price for AoN these days ?

Hey Thomas can you do it ? ;)

Phil

ThomasHelzle
12-30-2005, 10:21 AM
Hi Wireframes,

I'm not often in this forum anymore, so better send me a mail in the future if you want to contact me.
I don't plan any specials for AoN:Studio as I don't actively work on it anymore. If it serves your needs you are welcome to buy it and you will still get support if anything goes wrong, but other than that I can't offer anything new, since I don't use messiah anymore myself.

Sorry.

A good start into 2006 to everybody! :thumbsup: :bounce:

Wireframes
12-30-2005, 11:48 AM
Ok thanks for your answer

Do you migrate definitly to XSI ?

Phil

ThomasHelzle
12-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Yes, I already did. :)

That has also to do with the fact that I no longer do much animation work ATM, but mostly are involved with design and rendering.

Modelling in XSI is exactly what makes my heart sing, the variable edgeweighting has become a central part of my work and the toolset is very complete, logical and mature.

Mental Ray isn't exactly my favourite renderer, especially the rendertree itself in XSI is quite stupid if compared to messiahs, but it gets everything done I throw at it and works reliably with tons of options for passes etc.
Staying inside one package makes my life a lot easier.

While I don't have the time currently to finish my AoN|XSI shaders for release, I use them for my own work every day and so I only miss the intelligence of the nodes in messiah, but not much else.

Best regards,

Wireframes
12-30-2005, 12:52 PM
Thanks and all the best with XSI.

as for me I'm waiting for modo 201 ;)

Phil

ThomasHelzle
12-30-2005, 01:12 PM
Thanks, and good luck with the wait ;)

CGTalk Moderation
12-30-2005, 01:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.