PDA

View Full Version : Corel Painter or Alias SketchBook?

stelhar_1999
12-23-2005, 12:57 PM
Which one do you prefer? I find SketchBook somewhat better than Painter, feels better with my wacom!
What's your opinion?

Per-Anders
12-23-2005, 01:02 PM
SKetchbook is good for as it's name suggests sketching, but it has no-where near the depth or quality of natural media tools as Painter. It's down to what you want to do. By the way you might want to try out the free art rage http://www.ambientdesign.com/artrage.html

gamedeveloper
12-29-2005, 07:11 PM
Artrage! Yes!

Great interface. I used to lament the lack of layers and selection tools - but after a while, you don't miss them. Simply export the image to a PhotoShop-style application and layer/select away (keep 'em both open at the same time for improved productivity).

I like Sketchbook Pro as well. But it sits between Artrage (free) and PhotoShop/Painter (expensive - industry standards). That's a tough place to be! ;-(

Devvv
12-30-2005, 07:18 AM
Love Artrage! Seriously, everyone needs to try out this program. Love the program because it has no layers! It's like painting in real life except without getting dirty and cleaning up afterwards. :)

artshop
01-02-2006, 05:08 PM
Thanks for that link. I really like the feel of the pencil tool in ArtRage, great response. This would be a great one for kids to start on, very intuitive. Alias is very good too, and actually, I think you get to use a limited version of Alias indefinately as a demo and that probably has similar capabilities as ArtRage.

CGTalk Moderation
01-02-2006, 05:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.