PDA

View Full Version : car rig is almost done!

Stanger
12-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi all!
I just compleated tires and suspentions part of a car rig(4wd) with using xsi 5.0.
It came out better than I expected.
chack this!>
http://rapidshare.de/files/9674483/Capture.zip.html (http://rapidshare.de/files/9674483/Capture.zip.html)
And here is my question part.
Is there a simple way to express body collision?
I made the body itself as a riged body, but everytime the tire hits the body,
the car breaks down or flys away.

any help would be appriciated!!

thanx

neogeo51
12-24-2005, 09:31 AM
First of all looks great so far. I am playing around with setting up a carrig also the last days.
Had some problems with the chassis part, it was rotation because the it seems the front wheels were not as fast as the rear wheels. How did you attach the axis to the chassis part - fixed Rigid constraint?
I would suggest to exclude all parts except the wheels from collisions. Set collide from everything to none. Hope that is what you are after.

Stanger
12-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Had some problems with the chassis part, it was rotation because the it seems the front wheels were not as fast as the rear wheels. How did you attach the axis to the chassis part - fixed Rigid constraint?

neogeo51, I attached all wheels to the chassis with hinges. I think your car is flipping because either you put too much motor power or mass of your chassis is too low.
Flipping can be also avoided by moving the center of the mass to the front of the chassis.
I hope it helps!

Ducimus
12-27-2005, 04:40 AM
WOuld this apply to a rig for a tracked verhiclem I have nade several models of tanks and have come up with expressions to drive the wheels and the tracksm howm would I go about adding dynamic suspension? ie: when vehicle rolls over ground that is not level the suspensions compensates for it...

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2005, 04:40 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.