PDA

View Full Version : Character: MoJo JoJo

eliseu gouveia
11-26-2002, 12:59 AM
Well, for all the PowerPuff Girls fans outt here, and yes, we know who you are, hereīs everybodyīs favorite supervillain:

http://biggator5.homestead.com/files/MoJo_JoJo.JPG

<-ducks! :)

ndat
11-27-2002, 03:17 AM
Im Scared of it, is this a natural response to him? havent seen the show but I asume hes quite scary if not a little to scary, hope its not a kids show :). The drawing you did looks good but there are a bunch of problem areas in the anatomy and coloring that you could fix to give it that nice spiffy finished look :P

Anyhoo great scary monkey man

NightFox
11-27-2002, 04:32 AM
I agree. Some more proportion work would make this drawing very nice, but then again, it is a stylized version of the 2D flat character.

So to each their own.

The coloring and the ink lines remind me of the 70's-80's cartoons.. Johnny Quest, Herculoids, and (Zantar? - I forget the name of the show. Had an electric lazer sword, female telekinetic, and a furry biped beast friend)

Anyways.. those shows and the old comics from the 50's. Could easily reproduce the drawing into a vintage look so it'll look like those comics.

eliseu gouveia
11-27-2002, 01:37 PM
Hello and thanks for repplying and commenting, I really appreciate your input. :)

Hereīs the original MoJo JoJo character, from the Powerpuff Girls show on Cartoon Network :

http://dancyfrog.homestead.com/files/mojo1.JPG

As you can see, Ndat, this is a show for kids but of course CNīs version is much more adequate for children than mine :) .

I donīt really know those shows you mentioned, Nightfox (Iīve heard of Johnny Quest but never watched it; I donīt think it ever aired up in here).

But I have a great time trying to do reallistic versions of the old cartoons like Mighty Mouse, Atom Ant, Dick Dastardly or Roger Ramjet :) .

Incidentally, these are the Powerpuff Girls:

: http://www.worldmall.com/kannon/powswirs.jpg

And this is the version of my PowerpuffGirls Iīve shown in here, a couple of months back:

Thanks for looking :).

wildsheepchase
11-27-2002, 07:02 PM
The line work on this is good, but your coloring isn't as convincing as it usually is. Are you trying out some new techniques here?

eliseu gouveia
11-28-2002, 01:19 AM
Well, itīs just that I didnīt feel very inspired by this piece.
I rushed it a bit on the coloring stage because, to be honest, I didnīt like the color scheme of the character (even though I like him in the cartoon show :) ).

Someone once told me a true artist never appologises for his/her artwork, but truth is I just didnīt give 100% of me here.

Sorry......

Corn Dog
11-28-2002, 03:13 AM
A cartoon monkey wearing a dress is funny, a real monkey wearing a dress is something else.... mmm.... which Im not going to get into.

:)

NightFox
11-29-2002, 05:27 PM
Never heard of Herculoids? You should flip to Cartoon Network late at night. They used to have the old cartoons on late. I think they got rid of some of them though. A shame too. I miss seeing them since I used to watch them on Saturday mornings in the early 80's.

Anyways, maybe you could post the line art and have people do their own colored version?

eliseu gouveia
11-30-2002, 01:20 AM
Well, I too grew up watching 70s and 80s cartoons, but I donīt really recall that show; I did a Google search and found a few interesting pics, but if I saw it, itīs probably buried among the endless memories of countless shows I watched in those days :) .

Anyway, doing the lineart and leaving it for other artsist to paint sounds interesting, but how then would I evolve and grow up as a painter myself? :)

Indolent
11-30-2002, 02:04 AM
Dude... Samurai Jack. :D Get crackin'. :buttrock:

eliseu gouveia
11-30-2002, 02:51 AM
Actually, I was thinking about doing a pic about Once Upon A Time... Space (has anyone ever heard about this show? Had a nice theme song sung by Virginia Vee... ).. :)

But I digress. :)
Samurai Jack, you say?
Okay, Iīm on it! :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.