PDA

View Full Version : lighting moving characters?

snot_nose
11-26-2002, 01:16 AM
after reading some great tutorials on the net i finally understand how to setup the lighting... for a still picture.
but what about animations?
for example: i have an open space with 2 characters moving from point A to point B. (one character is in the front and the other is walking behind him). the scene is in the night and i want to use a small source light with high contrast on my characters as a key light because the mood is suppose to be very dramatic.
but what am i going to do with my light when the character moves? at a certain point he won't be seen, since the source light is suppose to be small. should i move the light with him, wich will probably look wierd, or should i place several source lights? any ideas?
and when you change your camera angle (like after you made a cut) do u change also the lights angle?

btw the lighting don't have to be realistic but i would want to put some realistic elements into it. that's why moving the light source with the character won't be a very good idea.

playmesumch00ns
11-26-2002, 04:43 PM
you're not just lighting your characters, you're lighting the whole scene, and you need to plan out your lighting like that.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.