PDA

View Full Version : Miami Vice Trailer

laureato di arte
12-22-2005, 11:11 AM
http://www.miamivicemovie.com/main.html

Wizdoc
12-22-2005, 04:11 PM
I absolutely love that sleazy Eurotrash look Colin Farrell is sporting there. It's a perfect update to the pastel-colored suit and mullet Don Johnson had in the show.

DZL
12-22-2005, 06:28 PM
bad boyz 3.

shingo
12-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Reminded me of a special episode of CSI Mami.

I wont even bother to watch in on DVD.

bad boyz 3.

RobertoOrtiz
12-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Ahem Miami Vice predates CSI.

And Bad Boys is a COPY of Miami Vice, sans Michael Man.

-R

Bonedaddy
12-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I remember reading someone on these boards writing "How could the director of Collateral and Heat lower himself to this trash?" and just slapping myself in the head.

Anyways, could be pretty cool. Interested to see how it pans out.

ThirdEye
12-22-2005, 07:42 PM
And here comes another film based upon a tv serie, did we need it? :rolleyes:

smoothoperator
12-22-2005, 07:49 PM
I was waiting for this one...I knew they would re-make it eventually. BUT....looks a little cheesy. I wanted it to be a little more like "HEAT". Heat in MIAMI kinda thing. I'm not too hot on the actors either. Damn shame. He should've had Val Kilmer and someone else. Or something.

shingo
12-22-2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah I kinda knew that. My point being that the style and look of it is very CSI ish.

Anyone seriously doubt it's gong to be beyond cheese? Lot's scantily clad babes, fast cars, slick boats and slow-mo explosions.

Oooohhh yeah, straight to DVD.

Ahem Miami Vice predates CSI.

And Bad Boys is a COPY of Miami Vice, sans Michael Man.

-R

Bonedaddy
12-22-2005, 09:46 PM
Dude.

Michael Mann started on the original Miami Vice. In many ways, the show was his baby.

This isn't merely a soulless remake, this is the guy returning to his roots and, ostensibly, doing it the way he wanted to in the first place. The guy who has done some of the best movies in this vein of the past two decades. Hitchcock did this with The Man Who Knew Too Much. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

JDex
12-22-2005, 09:48 PM
I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

As am I... not holding high expectations, just an open mind.

laureato di arte
12-22-2005, 10:34 PM
this may well be pulled of well, I am also looking forward to this, although it is another tv remake, it is made by one of the original creators, so im optimistic, anywayI think there are certain shows that would look good if they were remade, for example 6million dollar man, i think that show would have really benefited from modern day special effects. On the other hand there are some programs that should not be touched, Mcgyver for example, he is the man indeed I cant see how modern cinema and vfx would be able to improve on Mcgyver and his loveble yet dodgy mullet.

shingo
12-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I have he greatest respect for Michael Mann, and if he proves me wrong, I'll be the first to admit it.

Excuse my cynicism, but the orinical show hit new heights of superficiallity suring the most superficial decade in memory. What hopes are there for a story? How long's it been since we saw a half decent screenplay emerge from Hollywood? I don't know abot you, but all I recall from the original episodes, was largely comprise of lot's of brooding looks from Don Johnson, intercut with oodles of product placement for the fashion at the time, and a boys with their toys free for all.

It just smacks of Hollywood clutching at straws for ideas.

Dude.

Michael Mann started on the original Miami Vice. In many ways, the show was his baby.

This isn't merely a soulless remake, this is the guy returning to his roots and, ostensibly, doing it the way he wanted to in the first place. The guy who has done some of the best movies in this vein of the past two decades. Hitchcock did this with The Man Who Knew Too Much. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

vfx fan
12-22-2005, 11:04 PM
Since Michael Mann directed "Collateral," one of my favorite action thrillers, I'm expecting a lot from "Miami Vice," even though I have no knowledge of the show.

I saw the "Miami Vice" trailer in front of "King Kong." I also saw a trailer for "Inside Man" with Denzel Washington and discoved it was a Spike Lee film, excuse me, a Spike Lee joint. Now there's an interesting choice for an action director.

FloydBishop
12-23-2005, 12:57 AM
Does anyone know if Elvis will be in this film? He was my favorite part of the TV series... him and Phil Collins.

This is Elvis:

http://www.fiftiesweb.com/tv/miami-vice-elvis-fish.jpg

JA-forreal
12-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Why? The DVD's of the original series are enough for me.

anibal187
12-23-2005, 08:41 AM
Hitchcock did this with The Man Who Knew Too Much.
What is it that Hitchcock did?

Apoclypse
12-23-2005, 04:12 PM
Does anybody know what type of cameras are being used. It seems to be digital cameras of some sort. Anyways, its a very interesting look, which is why I liked collateral which had the same feel to it. This movie seems more serious than the show.

chudofsinister
12-23-2005, 05:00 PM
Hitch remade his own film The Man Who Knew to Much later in his career when he could do a better job.

Not sure how to feel about this, the original is pretty dated and yet cool in its own way becasue of it. This looks pretty slick like Heat to me, which could be great but still not really the same as the show. Again kinda torn, I loved the show when I was a teen, and I love Heat because its so tight and stylish.

Have to wait and see.
But in all fairness they should have Elvis, and Izzy. You know what I mean MEIN.

anibal187
12-23-2005, 07:39 PM
Hitch remade his own film The Man Who Knew to Much later in his career when he could do a better job.
Thanks for the info. I have the old version, so I'll be looking to watch the later.

CGTalk Moderation
12-23-2005, 07:39 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.