PDA

View Full Version : make employment forum more user friendly

the-lone-deranger
12-21-2005, 09:00 PM
i just had a look in the employment section, and it really isnt very appealing to browse because you have to go into each post one by one, just to find it is in a different country, then onto the next, etc...

i think either you should have to put the location (at least the country) into the thread title, or (i have seen this somewhere and it is quite effective) you should have to select your country in order to post, and a little icon of the flag for that country will be there to the left of each post.

then its easy, and you just scroll down keeping an eye out for your flag, not wasting your time...

anyway, just a thought

Simon
12-22-2005, 01:35 PM
i just had a look in the employment section, and it really isnt very appealing to browse because you have to go into each post one by one, just to find it is in a different country, then onto the next, etc...

i think either you should have to put the location (at least the country) into the thread title, or (i have seen this somewhere and it is quite effective) you should have to select your country in order to post, and a little icon of the flag for that country will be there to the left of each post.

then its easy, and you just scroll down keeping an eye out for your flag, not wasting your time...

anyway, just a thought

Quoted for agreement.

Also a place to discuss employment would be cool.

Leonard
01-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Thanks for pointing this out. The reason why we haven't bothered fixing or improving the employment section is simply because we're working on a whole new jobs section that's separate from the forums. This is slated for sometime in the future after we've completed the CGPortfolio, as the portfolio site will hook into this.

Yes, the current job forums are a shocker and we acknowledge that. Priorities, priorities......

bradw
02-06-2006, 03:58 PM
Sounds good Leo.

Also; a bunch of 'sticky' posts in the jobs/employment section for people wanting advice/info on creating portfolios in different fields? Ie: Broadcast/Games/Advertising..

Sure there would be plenty of seasoned (mildly tenderised? :D ) artists from varying fields on here to contribute?
It would/could help those who are considering a sideways move perhaps?

?

CGTalk Moderation
02-06-2006, 03:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.