PDA

View Full Version : some simple questions

Bommel
12-21-2005, 08:18 PM
Hi guys:

(I'm beginner):

I have an IK character:

http://www.phlip3.de/freiebilder/man.jpg

What do I have to switch that the parentbone (upperlegbone) doesn't rotate inward?? I have already pressed the minusbutton in inversekniematic tab.

In the Joe Cosman videos the author creates keyframes for the whole group, not just for one channel. When I press enter, I just can create keyframes for one channel (their is no choice for clicking other opportunities). How can I create keyframes for all channels of a bone or a group?

Thx a lot for your help

Philipp

JoeCosman
12-22-2005, 02:48 AM
the latest messiah has moved the keyframing options down to the dope master. if you look to the left of your dopemaster, you should see a label that says "current channel" if you click on that, you get a pulldown menu that includes a "current group" selection.

Bommel
12-22-2005, 10:27 AM
Thx Mr Cosman, second problem solved.
To the first problem some notes: The characters leg is IK. If I move the null upwards the leg rotates a bit inward. How can I say messiah, that the bone should rotate only on one axis.

Thx for your help

Philipp

JoeCosman
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
in an ik chain, the bone rotates on only one axis: pitch. I tend to leave IK chains in a straight line, because the pitch angle is determined by the heading, so if you angled your calf bone inward on heading(to keep the bone inside the mesh) then the hinge would cause your leg to bow out when it flexed. you can cheat the placement of bones one way or another in the mesh, especially with your current rigging pose.

-JoeC

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.