PDA

View Full Version : Somehow I find this (a simple heart) SO hard to model

thomasvandenabeele
12-21-2005, 07:10 PM
Hello! Ehm, I'm modeling a cute 3D heart (don't even start to ask why) but I find it so damn difficult!! Really, trying to get the shape nice and round is beyond me, even though I have no problem modeling a pretty realistic human face with correct edge loop flow...

Anyway, to make this brief: anyone have a model of this to mail me? Thanks people...

Frustrated Thomas

*Pete*
12-21-2005, 08:28 PM
dont have any "cute heart models"...im already married and dont have the need to pretend having a erhm.."soft side" anymore.

but i think the easiest way to model one is by having 3 circles in the backround (2 large on top, one small in the bottom), when the flat model is done, bevel it multiple times into a rounder shape, then mirror the backside of the heart.

then just add arrows and such

also, just for the record, to give someone elses heart to..eh..well, for example, a girl you like, sounds as a very very bad idea to me, it can have unforeseen complications... :)

Rytel
12-21-2005, 10:29 PM
I got this... took a couple of minutes... if you want i can send you the model you can just tweak the points to get the shape you want.

blaqDeaph
12-21-2005, 11:00 PM
Hmm, a sterotypical, cartoon style heart is one of the things that are simple to draw, but not as simple to make 3D.

I recommend you start with the pen tool, and draw out the shape of the heart as you would on a piece of paper, then bevel it a few times to make 1 side of the heart, mirror and merge polys/points.

Zarathustra
12-22-2005, 02:47 PM
LightWave [8]-> Content-> Objects-> Everyday-> heart.lwo

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2005, 02:47 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.