PDA

View Full Version : 2nd ever subdivision model!

Ls3D
02-28-2002, 02:36 PM
Many thanks to the Artist that have shared their beautiful subdivision models and techniques. I was so inspired I decided to try my hand at creating an expressive little character of my own. After about 2 days of teaching myself through trail and error I sat down and cranked out this model in 5 hours.

I have often wondered how Artist have time to participate in the challenges here and earn a living, but I can now imagine that some of you are pretty fast at this stuff and that too is inspiring.

Whadda ya think, is 5 hours for this pretty decent for just picking up the technique? I’m in 3dsmax 3.1 Mouth not complete!

-Shea
www.Ls3D.com

:cool:

leigh
02-28-2002, 02:53 PM
Wow! I got a fright when the picture opened - scary face there!! Cool work so far, would like to see the mouth finished :D

BASSit
02-28-2002, 07:03 PM
Thatīs a good mesh for your 2nd one !!
Donīt forget to show us the progress you made on this model...
Iīve just one suggestion: the refelection in the eye could be changed a little. I am also using max and i always exclude the head-mesh from the raytracing-reflection ! That way the reflections are more real. I hope you understand what i mean and excuse my simple english ;)

Keep it up !

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.