PDA

View Full Version : Zbrush - 3dsmax question...

Vectorius
12-21-2005, 10:59 AM
I've just a little question to ask about 3dmax model import to zbrush. I know that i've to export my mesh as .obj to import it in zbrush; but I read on a forum that the mesh must be perfect on the level polygon, without any polygon with 3,5 or 6 vertex in order to import it without problems. Is it true?

Reyes
12-21-2005, 12:09 PM
Hi Fiolka,you can import .obj into zbrush with tri's but you will get a pinching as you sub divided and start scultpting.It is advised that your model contains mostly(if not all) quads so as to avoid this.

johnwoo
12-21-2005, 12:37 PM
Reyes is right...but it's not just restricted to 3dsMax...it's in regards to any 3d app...if ya want to be able sculpt easily in ZB then if no triangles is possible then excellent...if there are a few then make sure as best as possible they are none in places that are going to hinder ya when in ZB...best of luck...and enjoy...:)

Vectorius
12-21-2005, 01:24 PM
Reyes,johnwoo thank you for your answer..so fast:beer: That help me a lot. merry xmas guys and i want just add that i love your work mister johnwoo!
I'll post soon a lowpoly caracter ...so i've to learn Zbrush now. see yaaaa.

Teemu
12-21-2005, 02:21 PM
You could use meshsmooth to convert your model to quads before exporting.
I'm not sure why exactly are n-gons causing problems in zbrush. Doesn't it convert everything into quads as well when you use the smoothing tool?

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2005, 02:21 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.