PDA

View Full Version : Just bought a website! Want to learn Flash in 3 days! HAHA HELP!

SEL
11-25-2002, 07:50 PM
Hey all,

Im finally glad to see a Flash section here. I use to mess with Flash a little back in the day, I normally do all my websites with HTML and writing my wn code, I notice everything now involves Flash though, I recently purchased another site, and am looking to implement FLASH. These are my questions, I hope you gyus can help:

First: What is the best book to buy that will allow me to setup a Flash website easy fast, and with great examples!

Second: How do you place the Flash stuff that yu do onto a website so it works fine. Meaning transfering it to web.

Third: Im a pretty fast learner, and am trying to learn and do a Flash site in a couple days, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also one last thing. I have a ton of 3d models I would like to show, and have noticed there is a thing you can do with Flash so someone can place their mouse over an arrow and the 3d model will rotate so you can see it from al angles, if anyone knows how to do that. It would be greatly helpful for me and im sure other people as well.

Oh, and whats the best codec to use when placing a short animation on the Net for people to watch, best quality and speed that is. And how the heck can you play the movie online.

Thanks for reading, and look forward to a response.

shaun

proton
11-25-2002, 08:37 PM
Flashkit.com should help you out....

placing a Flash movie (swf) is like placing a jpg or gif.....it's the same....

Lotsa books out there...depends on the type of books you like...

dpvtank
12-01-2002, 04:25 PM
i recommend this book to u strongly..
try
foundation flash 5
or foundation flash mx

depends on which version u r using.

i have seen many books and all of them are garbage...
for example, flash 5 bible..
i read it and it had toooooooo much extra stuff..
for example, they were teaching how to do a simple alpha motion tween and it took them around 2 pages to explain the damn thing..

just stick with the book i recommended..
for macromedia and adobe products, the best place to learn them is from books by friends of ed...
they have also published the above mentioned book

hope that helps.

Solesurvivor
12-02-2002, 12:06 AM
with 3days to learn the best thing you will have is a site that's a collection of tutorials and examples of other website, sorry to say it but it's true...

and as for the 3d part, that's not flash but director, the drag model to rotate behaviour to be correct

Houkah
12-08-2002, 05:36 PM
Actually i believe u can render out your rotation as frames and put those all into flash. Then make some buttons (arrows) and when u mouseOver them make it go to the next frame of the movie clip that holds all your rendered frames. Don't know if that makes much sense, as i'm not positive how to do it myself i just remember this is what one of my coworkers did to do a full 3d rotation. If your rendered images are too many frames you'll see your RAM usage shooting up pretty quick.

DuRanG
12-09-2002, 01:03 PM
youre right, Houkah :thumbsup:
just make like 8 rendering positions and put each in a frame, then use arrows with prevframe and nextframe

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.