PDA

View Full Version : Create your own lip-synch cartoon

RobertoOrtiz
12-21-2005, 07:07 AM
Quote:
"
Talking characters on cell phones are the latest rage. But a new subsidiary of Sensory plans to take that a step up with accurately animated lip-synching.

3Dmsg, the new division of Sensory, is planning to launch the animated talking ``avatars'' to display on cell phone screens in 2006. Using the company's homegrown animation and voice-recognition technologies, the avatar's lips move as precisely as a real person's do when they're pronouncing various phonemes, or snippets of words.

``You could send a message to someone with your own image, which can lip-sync the words to `Happy Birthday' in your own voice,'' Mozer said. The company will display the technology at the Consumer Electronics Show in January and on its Web site at www.3dmsg.com (http://www.3dmsg.com/)."
>>LINK<< (http://www.siliconvalley.com/mld/mercurynews/business/13440828.htm?source=rss&channel=mercurynews_business)

-R

Bonedaddy
12-21-2005, 07:09 AM
That sounds.. really dumb.

A. Wright
12-21-2005, 08:14 AM
That sounds.. really dumb.

Yeah......

mahir
12-21-2005, 01:18 PM
Which is cheaper sending an MMS of an animated greeting or calling the person and saying the very same greeting? Add in the cost of setting up that greeting....

Maybe I'm just not in one of those 'it's-shiny-it's-cool-who-cares-if-its-expensive-unnecessary-and-impractical' target groups :surprised

Hazdaz
12-21-2005, 03:54 PM
Dumbest. Idea. EvAr.

(but I am sure that they will still make millions)

Icarus
12-21-2005, 04:28 PM
oh thats brilliant

Image the Money they could pull?

Picture this, Every girl ages 9 - 19 with a Mobile Phone (yes its Mobile, not Cell) jumping around all giddy about how an Animated Little character (cute i assume aswell for larger audience) talks as they do, i can just see it now, Just as big as the Crazy frog Rage!

The money that is about to be made... all the best guys

(im all for taking the money of obnoxious girls who have nothing better to do then squak on their phones all day - nothing personal... but URGH!)

Hazdaz
12-21-2005, 04:51 PM
oh thats brilliant

Image the Money they could pull?

Picture this, Every girl ages 9 - 19 with a Mobile Phone (yes its Mobile, not Cell) jumping around all giddy about how an Animated Little character (cute i assume aswell for larger audience) talks as they do, i can just see it now, Just as big as the Crazy frog Rage!

The money that is about to be made... all the best guys

(im all for taking the money of obnoxious girls who have nothing better to do then squak on their phones all day - nothing personal... but URGH!)

Well the best thing is that that audience doesn't even pay for their CELL phone bill - their parents do, so to them they don't care if it costs $1 each message, daddy is flipping the bill.

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2005, 04:51 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.