PDA

View Full Version : Ghost Rider revealed

SheepFactory
12-21-2005, 01:51 AM
http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/

enter site and click on ghost rider revealed to see a short quicktime movie of what seems to be the first 7 seconds from the trailer.

Maverick3d
12-21-2005, 01:56 AM
He's a flaming skull in a leather jacket. Shock and horror!

I mean, aside from trying to do it with prostetics and orange tissue paper, how could you screw this up? ;)

JDex
12-21-2005, 02:11 AM
F'n flash site. Lamers!

seven6ty1
12-21-2005, 02:16 AM
Whoa, the bike looks a lot better here than it did when it was in our lobby.

FloydBishop
12-21-2005, 02:20 AM
F'n flash site. Lamers!

Quicktime Link (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/site/Ghost_Rider_Reveal2D.mov)

I think he looks awesome.

JDex
12-21-2005, 02:23 AM
Gratzi...

Shortest teaser ever... LOL.

Nick Cage is not the man I envision when I think of Ghost Rider... but hey it looks pretty good to be this far out. 02/07... OMG that's a long time away.

Shaderhacker
12-21-2005, 02:54 AM
Quicktime Link (http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/ghostrider/site/Ghost_Rider_Reveal2D.mov)

I think he looks awesome.

Agreed. Completely nice. I can't wait till...darn.. 2007 to see this!:blush:

-M

bentllama
12-21-2005, 09:02 AM
looks cooler and less lame than the comic...never liked that rag...though cage as johnny, ummm, no.

still, the movie should promise a kickass soundtrack...here is hoping there is a new zakk wylde tune for it!

mahir
12-21-2005, 11:06 AM
I've always loved the concept and design of Ghost Rider - flaming skull, leather duds with spikes sticking out, gnarly chains, spirit of vengeance, penance stare. It was one of my favourite comic characters to draw. Somehow the character seems underused and lacked decent plotlines/character developments in the books somehow. I did liked the early issues involving Danny Ketch and even early GR 2099, but they all seemed to go off on uninteresting tangents after awhile. Of course I haven't read the more recent GR development (maybe it's time for a trip to the comic shop).

So i like the look of GR in the movie. It's true to the source. I think there's no excuse not to pull off a good flaming skull effect what with all the advancements in vfx now. Never been too keen on Nic playing the part though, but I'll remain open-minded and reserve any judgement until after I actually see it (I really do appreciate that he's a huge fan of the comics and fought hard for the movie/role).

eliseu gouveia
12-21-2005, 12:14 PM
I like it.

Though I kept thinking "- A flaming skull! Hey, whereŽs my shotgun?"

Too much Doom3 will do that to you...... :D

JeroenDStout
12-21-2005, 01:48 PM
I was laughing myself to death for the 5 blissful seconds I mistook the thread title to be 'Night Rider' :)

Now, as far as flaming skulls in leather jackets go, it didn't blow me away :p

Pavlovich
12-21-2005, 01:49 PM
i'm going to be honest here...i think it looks like they're taking the same route the original spawn move did. i know that's a lot of judgement for a 7 second clip, but just based on the bike design and the skeleton fists...and nicholas cage...does this really look that sweet? i usually try and reserve judgement until i've seen the flick, but there's something about what i'm seeing that screams "spawn + punisher = ghostrider * tank at the boxoffice"

here's to hoping i'm wrong though :beer:

P_T
12-21-2005, 02:25 PM
I've never really read any GR comics apart from the crossovers with X-Men but from what I know of GR and what I saw in the teaser, the skull seem a bit too generic and smooth but then again, still one whole year before it's released so that might've been some early tests they're showing.

Another thing is the skeleton hand... they prolly should've gloved the hand instead and save the money on the VFX, it just looked too frail to hurt anyone, even if it's a burning skeleton.

Not sure about what nick is talkin about bein in both dimension or sumtin coz in the comic he's just basically possessed by a demon.

Frank Lake
12-21-2005, 10:00 PM
UGH!

I had thought the bike was fine and the lightly flaming wheels really questionable back the first time I saw it, but now it's just crap because they've pushed the design to far into CAMP-land absurdity.

ajsfuxor
12-21-2005, 10:06 PM
I wasn't oevrly impressed with the flaming head. But then again, I don't really know how they could have made it better?

I think it could be one of those things that will be hard to sell. Simply because making a skeleton move and talk always looks chessy, and especially considering the face doesn't have muscles to articulate, i don't know how they are going to bring it to life...a good challenge nonetheless.

Not really sold on this one yet, but will reserve judgement until the full trailer is released.

gavin_hughes
12-22-2005, 01:26 AM
*blows brains out*

BillSpradlin
12-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Hrmm, odd.

ChrisMann
12-22-2005, 03:44 AM
I wonder if the people involved in the movie have read any Texeira Ghost Rider issues. I thought the loose style captured the character well.

Cyborgguineapig
12-22-2005, 05:18 AM
Yes lets just hope they don't do deformations on the skull itself, because that would be wrong. Reminds me of all those animal films where they try to give a talking dog emotion by moving its mouth and eyebrows.

Oh my, on second pass frame by frame it appears they did make the skulls eyebrows deform... lol gg Do not pass go.

ANGEL_OF_WAR
12-22-2005, 06:07 AM
Hope this link works...

http://gearcritech.com/movies/ghost_rider_mid.mov

SheepFactory
12-22-2005, 07:03 AM
Hope this link works...

http://gearcritech.com/movies/ghost_rider_mid.mov

wow didnt know the trailer was out!?

Seems a bit fantastic 4'ish but fun , i'll see it when it comes out.

PokeChop
12-22-2005, 05:23 PM
Simply because making a skeleton move and talk always looks chessy...

Hmmm. I just cannot think of one example...

http://users3.ev1.net/%7Evanm8/3d/skeleton.jpg

vfx fan
12-22-2005, 09:54 PM
Until I saw the February 16 release date, I was no longer expecting too much from the film. Honestly, when was the last time a good comic book movie was released at the beginning of the year -- the last really good movie period that came out in February was "The Silence of the Lambs."

My radical skepticism aside, I am, however, looking forward to the film's fx work. The flaming skull looks pretty cool, so far, and I'm sure it'll look better by 2007. And I wonder what color the Marvel logo will be this time? It was red for the "Spider-Man" films and "Daredevil," green for "Hulk," black for "The Punisher," and blue for "Fantastic Four." Maybe this time, they should have the Columbia logo have a flaming skull for a head instead of Susan Sarandon, and the Marvel logo should have a navy blue background with the Marvel letters on fire.

(My original conception of the doctored Marvel logo for "Fantastic Four" was for it to have a Thing rock-like texture.)

Honestly, these days, studio logos are becoming more creative than films themselves.

TheChosen1
12-22-2005, 09:55 PM
I always liked the design of ghostrider and the concept of his character is cool as hell. However, I never really read any ghostrider comics. There was no definitive storyline or villain that I'm aware of. He looks cool though. But Nic Cage just makes me laugh. I always want to do impersonations of him from Face Off. :D

jake_$teed
12-23-2005, 01:21 AM
Wow, I never thought they were going to make "Torque 2". I stand corrected.

Per-Anders
12-23-2005, 02:56 AM
well... that was... interesting. there's a huge cheese factor going on with this movie, but it could be fun, reminds me more of buffy than fantastic four.

V1PER
12-24-2005, 06:33 AM
wohaa ! i am waiting it !

CB_3D
12-24-2005, 07:39 AM
Who needs a skull?

Cage with a wig, that is THE HORROR!

laureato di arte
12-24-2005, 10:41 AM
I will have to reserve judgment until i see this movie, I must say I could never take ghost rider seriously, because skulls dont look menacing as people think they do, we gonna hve to see.

Frank Lake
12-24-2005, 11:29 AM
I wonder if the people involved in the movie have read any Texeira Ghost Rider issues. I thought the loose style captured the character well.
I kinda doubt it, but yeah Texeira really did capture the GR character well. But then again Tex's style was loosy and gritty which really worked for him too!

My largest problem with what I've seen so far is the low intensity of the flames that they use. Hello the guys from Hell! It's kinda more then a little hot! :D

Daniel Risi
12-26-2005, 02:37 AM
IŽd like to see more to say anything, but so far the rider looks great for me. Hope this film wonŽt attract just comix and vfx geeks, though I somewhat doubt it =D.

Creed
12-26-2005, 02:58 AM
Nickolas Cage looks kind of out of place as a motorcycle rider with a short dorky haircut.
I would expect it to be longer.

ANGEL_OF_WAR
12-26-2005, 06:09 PM
According to Mark Steven Johnson (writer/director) Sony Imageworks developed new software to create realistic flame for GR in the movie.

DAZZAN
12-27-2005, 04:48 PM
I used to read the comics,liked the character of Mephisto,so cool,and a great well drawn character.

Of course GR was one in the Hulk mould,a duality.

I think it should be an 18 film,and really dark.

But we could have had Cage in Superman tights!

Well we will see.

mummey
12-27-2005, 06:19 PM
This looks cheesy enough that it could work.

CGTalk Moderation
12-27-2005, 06:19 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.