PDA

View Full Version : Lipsync and Facial animation with bones ?

kling
12-20-2005, 01:32 PM
I want to do lipsync and facial animation in MB 6 pro, with bones and not morphtargets. And also to use the Mb speech recognition thingi. Does anyone have any tips on how to do it.
In maya I would setup the animations controls with driven keys' and setup a U like Jason Osipa's. But how on earth can I do it in MB.

/klingos

LoneCanuck
12-20-2005, 02:26 PM
Not sure if Osipa's setup would work too well with bones in Maya but by using Clusters in MotionBuilder, I imagine it would be a snap.

I've recreated Osipa's rig in MotionBuilder and it works great for both shapes and cluster targets - I would even say it's better since you get the real-time playback of audio with your animation.

Once you have established all your shapes in the Facial tool, you then need to assign the shapes to the phonemes in the Voice Reality tool. After that, you just play back the audio and watch to see if your shapes are being driven by the corresponding audio.

Cheers,

-= Lone Canuck =-
Rockstar North
Cinematics Team

Zendorf
12-22-2005, 01:59 AM
Sounds really cool, I would love to setup the osipa style rig in MB! Can you provide any info or a link to a tute that would give me an idea of how to set this up?

Cheers...

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2005, 01:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.