PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi house/bar

Oink
12-20-2005, 01:07 AM
http://www.pigged.net/bilder/arrt/scifi_house1.jpg
http://www.pigged.net/bilder/arrt/scifi_house2.jpg

Made for a cyberpunkish-prison kind of enviroment.

Well, Its pretty much done right now and yepp, theres normalmaps on it. Trying to learn how they work and such. Not as easy as you would think. Especially not when all the programs are against you. :)

But, Yeah. Im fairly happy except that i screwed up the normal map but i guess we all make mistakes. Especially the first time. :P

SammyB
12-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Solid effort. You might get more crits if you put up some wireframes and texture flats..

jfalconer
12-22-2005, 05:59 PM
I'm not sure if its the texture or the lighting but its very difficult to see that it is normal mapped, in other words, the details don't show up. You say its pretty much finished, but the texture has placeholder written there...? Anyway, looks pretty good, personally I think it would be more at home in a western/desert theme than a cyberpunk setting though.

Oink
12-22-2005, 07:55 PM
I'm not sure if its the texture or the lighting but its very difficult to see that it is normal mapped, in other words, the details don't show up. You say its pretty much finished, but the texture has placeholder written there...? Anyway, looks pretty good, personally I think it would be more at home in a western/desert theme than a cyberpunk setting though.

I think its a mixture of both actually. Will fix you up with some better renderings later. Yeah, placeholder is the name of the bar. I had a similar texture on before and it kinda stuck with it. ;)

Ill kick up the wire when i get back to school. Stupid of me to forget it.

capone_adam
01-16-2006, 08:50 AM
Design wise, the contrast between the neon sign and the actual building is too much. The building looks like its falling apart yet the neon sign looks super clean and brand new. Either add dynamic dirt and cracks to the sign etc or start bringing in more cleaner/modern elements to the building (the neon sign would even still require to be roughed up more than it is)

The actual building is looking ok actually, I would do something about the neon sign.

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 08:50 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.