PDA

View Full Version : Question about FR2 to render huge scenes

juanjgon
12-19-2005, 02:29 PM
Hi,

I have curiosity about how Final Render Stage-2 could manage huge scenes into C4D. How well manage multimillion polygon scenes?, has FR2 any kind of real instance support to render a lot of copies of a complex objects?, how about render times in this huge scenes?.

Perhaps somebody has experience with this issues ... any ideas are wellcome ...

Best regards,
Juan J. Gonzalez

rsquires
12-19-2005, 11:21 PM
That's an interesting question. Does FR2 render Jenna for instance?

regards

rich

Opelfruits
12-20-2005, 07:47 AM
somebody on the cebas forum render a dragon with 7 million polys not long ago, cebas said they have rendered 12 million out of cinema.

You might be looking at a couple of minutes just for the information to load on scenes of this scale.

At the moment there is a limitation on the maxon side regarding how information is sent to third party renderes, cebas and maxon are aware of this, and i have full faith they will fix this and make things work better in the near future.

and yes, it can render jenna.

lllab
12-20-2005, 08:43 AM
sure does fr jenna. it supports all type of geometry also made by plugins.
(and it is very fast- i dont wait long for the sceens to start- even with bigger ones?)

actually it is miles faster than AR, when using GI. AR is better when using non GI.
so best you have both.

cheers
stefan

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2005, 08:43 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.