PDA

View Full Version : WIP "King of the Hill" : Help needed

zng-Y
12-19-2005, 01:45 PM
Hey there all crazy cg-talkers,

I'm currently working on this painting "King of the Hill", but I think i need a push in the right direction, so that's why i'm posting it here.

I hope you guys can help me out getting this painting much better!
(p.s. this is my second serious painting, so pls be kind :rolleyes::D)
(p.p.s. don't bother the staf, left arm, right side of the painting, last rocks, cause i have to finish them first.)

http://members.chello.nl/c.megens2/pictures/t16.jpg

arielmedel
12-19-2005, 05:59 PM
It look good. I particularly like the face, hair and the beard, If you could make the rest look like that youŽll have something a lot better. A little more work on the beard though. The hair on its head seems more natural. It also needs more depth, the overall look of the painting is a little flat. I love the lighting effect on the staff. Be careful with the anatomy on the torso and arms. I recommend you use a real life reference. I believe one should only stop using references when mastering proportions and anatomy, lightning etc. Also, the reflection from the staff should be stronger than the reflection coming from the sky, remenber the sky is cloudy. IŽm looking forward to see another post of this. :)

zng-Y
12-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Thank's a lot for your help, i'll post an update soon!

HerrAlejandro
01-03-2006, 03:28 PM
why you need help???

umbrellasky
01-03-2006, 07:57 PM
wow nice work! I really like the perspective. I'm looking forward to another update :thumbsup:

zng-Y
01-03-2006, 07:58 PM
Hey Herr_Alejandro
Because i wanne make it a realy cool painting, more dynamic and stuff.
But at the moment i'm working on some other stuff and let this thing behind me for a while.
Still any crits and comments are welcome!

jackie66
01-03-2006, 09:14 PM
I really like the glow/lightning effect the staff is giving off. It's so cool!:thumbsup:

zng-Y
01-03-2006, 11:00 PM
jackie_66 thanks :D

MichaelZHsee
01-04-2006, 08:11 AM
alil more details could be added for the arm,like a more defined muscles for the arm maybe?

beelow
01-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Aside, from what arielmedel said, use these rules to your advantage and ask yourself this questions where do u want to the main focus to be, the characters face? the staff? the using what was mentioned b4 use those to solve ur painting here and other paintings later on, u can also you can maybe add some atmospheric perspective to highten up the painting give it a little realism and it seems like ur moving color around so that is good. continue with this painting and update, update, update! holla!:thumbsup:

zng-Y
01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
wow, thanks for all the help! I will surely update it, but i don't know when for sure at this moment. Thanks again! :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-04-2006, 12:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.