PDA

View Full Version : Rubik's baby WIP

mark-jenkins
12-19-2005, 01:47 PM
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c83/marcoj_1971/rubikbaby.jpg

This is an image inspired my daughter who is obsessed with playing with stickers. Just having fun really. I am still working on the details of the baby. I am interested to know what you think and how I could improve this image with colour and composition. Thanks

arielmedel
12-19-2005, 05:07 PM
It´s looking reallly good, I like tha colors a lot, althoug you might say there´s alot of magenta in there. I love the way you colored the door but the door knob seems misplaced and the door´s engravings seem too far away from each other. One other thing the baby´s right side of the face seems too dark, as the right leg. You should make the shadow on the floor go the same way as the other shadows. Also, to make your point more relevant I´d add some stickers in many parts of the rooms inlcuding the door, etc. But these are just comments the picture looks really nice. Way to go! ;)

authentic
12-20-2005, 10:35 AM
The bg is great; The character body is cool but his head looks really old. IS it suppose to be a baby or an old personn on a baby's body like a caricature ??
If you want it more baby like make it less detailled and more round (especially nose and mouth).
Good luck.

TheShow
12-21-2005, 01:21 AM
Such an inviting space - really nice job. Colors are beautiful, composition is good but I cannot tell if it is to be a pleasant image or if it is to hav an erie feel. Giving a little color variation to the clothes of the child could help setarate it from the background - but I think it is sucessful as is.

mark-jenkins
12-21-2005, 12:55 PM
Arielmedel: Thanks for the comments, I like the idea of having more stickers over the room, but I don't know whether to go with it as the girl (yes it's a girl) is completing the Rubik's cube in the time honoured fashion of picking off the stickers and replacing them in the correct place. I'll have to experiment.

Authentic: She is actually supposed to be about 18 months old so she has grown into her features a little bit but maybe she does still look a bit old. I do want her to have a cheeky knowing grin but I'll see what I can do to make her look younger, cheers.

The_Show: Thanks for your comments, but its definitely not supposed to be erie. I am still working on the clothes so I'll try to make them stand out a bit from the background.

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2005, 12:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.