PDA

View Full Version : Character: Samurai

Tree Of Woe
12-19-2005, 12:33 PM
I know....I know, not another Samurai, but I'm doing this for a friend. Anyways this is my latest and I'm pretty much finished. I just have a few things to touch up on the textures and finish rigging. So I would appreciate any comments or suggestions. Thanks
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/treeofwoe/JPfeifer_SamuraiTurn.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y99/treeofwoe/JPfeifer_SamuraiClose.jpg

smurfbizkit2
12-20-2005, 07:03 AM
The proportions seem a bit off to me; the arms and legs seem a bit too thin and his mid torso feels wrong.

johnwoo
12-20-2005, 09:25 AM
I agree with the proportions crit, but also may I suggest adding the same texture detail that I see on the chest armour to the other areas of thie character...Including the face...as he could use some stubble, scarring, dirt etc...as he looks a little too clean...but definitely experiment some more...:)

Yorgo12345
12-20-2005, 11:01 AM
Fashion Police: Black Socks with Sandals!!!

aside from his fashion sense, I think it's looking pretty good.

but I also agree that it is not done.

when a model is this close to looking finished, it's often times difficult to tell what it needs.

but the first thing that stuck me was his eyes. They don't have the level of realism that the rest of the textures do, it stands out pretty harshley.

Also, the cloth on the Sash around his waist and on his pants should definately be more defined.

as for his arms and legs looking too thin, I don't really see that as too much of a problem, maybee at the knees, but that 's really it.

all in all, this model is looking GREAT! I think it would be at a pro level if it werent for the crits that we have pointed out. It's SO close to being at a pro level that it would be a shame if you stopped working on it now.

I think all the changes we suggested can be made without having to backtrack.

I really hope you keep at it, I'll keep an eye on this thread

CGTalk Moderation
12-20-2005, 11:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.