PDA

View Full Version : Graphics Tablet/Wacom size preference

yellowEye
12-18-2005, 10:34 PM
Hello all. I have been reading many posts on graphics tablets, specifically, the WACOM brand. Amazon has the Intuos3 9x12 for $400 bucks, which is probably the tablet I will purchase. I was wondering what size you prefer for your tablet and what are the caveats of getting a smaller 6x8 tablet? BTW, this will be my first tablet (as if you couldn't tell), and I am not too familiar any graphics software. Also, until I build my next computer, I am currently using USB 1.1.

Thanks in advance for your responses.

-Josh

jcbray
12-19-2005, 04:13 AM
It's a personal preference really. I like my 6x8, sketching on anything larger would annoy me I think. Others prefer to sketch on the larger 9x12. The best suggestion is to try each size and see which feels more natural to you. The other option is to have a look at your own style and see if a larger or smaller tablet would suit yourself better.

yellowEye
12-21-2005, 02:13 AM
Thanks for the response. I am gonna go with the Graphire4 6x8 being that this is my first tablet, then maybe move on up to the larger Intuos at some point. Thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
12-21-2005, 02:13 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.