PDA

View Full Version : Bad Color Set File error on line 1

Gord-MacDonald
12-18-2005, 01:57 AM
I am recieving this error msg at startup (don't know where it came from)

"Bad Color Set File error on line 1"

I reinstalled the Corel Painter update 9.1 (which has been working fine) - but no luck

Does anyonen know what the issue is?

Thanks
Gord

Jinbrown
12-18-2005, 02:52 AM
Hi,

Which Color Set is it? (Please provide the exact Color Set file name.)

If you open the Color Set in a text editor, then copy and paste the first few lines here, maybe we can figure out what's wrong. That is, if we also have that Color Set file.

Gord-MacDonald
12-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Unfortunately, this is all I am getting - perhaps a default color set?:

http://cg2020.com/111_helpforums/colorsetfile.png

Gord

steve_szoczei
12-18-2005, 01:49 PM
Gord...

If you go to your user forlder, where Painter stores your personal settings, there should be a file called "Painter Colors"... drag this out of this folder, to your desktop, or other location.

Once this is done try starting up Painter again. Painter should start and recreate this file in your settings file. It will be a replacement, so if you had custom colors in the previous color set, they will be gone, but you could try to import them and add / replace them into the new color set.

Alternatively...

Have you tried to reset you user settings by starting PAinter witht he shift key pressed?

This will reset the application to the 'default' settings and restore all of the palettes, and workspace to the factory defaults.

good luck

steve

Gord-MacDonald
12-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Jinny,

Steve.

Thanks!

:)
I reset painter to defaults. I am just beginning to create brushes so I didn't loose too much. (Clean slate to create better brushes, and learn more about setting up and using user created objects/libraries)

Gord

CGTalk Moderation
12-18-2005, 08:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.