PDA

View Full Version : 3d.sk?

Aleoxide
12-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, I was just looking around and I saw the site www.3d.sk (http://www.3d.sk) . I have seen this site before but I have been skeptical of joining. Are any of you members? If so do you like it and do you recommend it? I have been thinking about it because I really cannot draw, so i never have my own unique character references. I was thinking I could model of a 3d.sk model and change it up to make it more personalized. I was also thinking this is a great way to learn how to model characters because the pictures are soo clear and high res. Anyways i was just wondering what you guys think of this site or other similar sites. Thanks for your time.

Wayne Adams
12-17-2005, 09:54 PM
the money is worth the ref. pics. The best thing is to go in with a few friends. Some of the pics are semi useless. But for the most part, thats a decent collection of ref. to have.

tims3d
12-18-2005, 01:22 AM
I mainly used the photos there for texture purpose but either way it is a great site to invest your money into.

tin-tin
12-18-2005, 04:17 AM
A very good site for reference, I had a 3 month subscription just downloaded many zip files i could and kept them on dvd.

Zerafian
12-18-2005, 08:52 AM
Main idea ;);) Get a membership....Right click, save as...do that as much as you can. Your good to go.

Wayne Adamsthe money is worth the ref. pics. The best thing is to go in with a few friends. Some of the pics are semi useless. But for the most part, thats a decent collection of ref. to have.

Yorgo12345
12-18-2005, 11:05 AM
I joined about a year or two ago, and I used an auto downloader. I left it on for 4 straight days, and I still didn't get everything on the site!

now they've added way more! If I join again, I'm going to get a pro subscription and download all the zips

IMO it's totally worth it.

freddylierman
12-18-2005, 12:42 PM
I am member of 3d.sk and sister company environmenttextures.com.
I'm on both subscribed for a year, that's 99$ each for individuals.

And I can honostly say, 3d.sk is probably the best human reference site you'll find.
I use the images mainly as reference for modeling, but they are also extremely usefull for texturing.
From what I hear EA games uses alot of the images for texturing their models.

Anyway, great site, you can download all the images if you want, but you don't really "need" to.
The website now has an extremely usefull search option and the downloading and browsing is very fast (for me atleast).

cheers
Fred

mindrot
12-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Great resource. I use to contribute images when they were still www.fineart.sk (http://www.fineart.sk) (which is still going)

I usually sign up for 3 months- plus you get access to the bonus content which is usually in the form of Zip files, etc.

I also genereally wait until there is enough content and then download what I need like a madman :D

Aleoxide
12-18-2005, 05:37 PM
Hey thanks guys for all of your posts, you have really made me want to join with all of your mad man downloading sprees. I was thinking the same thing and now all of you admit to doing it, so i think i'll join. I agree there are alot of good reference shots and probobly some of the best reference images around. I mainly want to join for the army/military pics. Anyways thanks for your posts.

( i was also wondering, do you think i should go for the 1 month subscription or 3, so i can get the zips? what are the zips of anyways are they just grouped files of the pics on the site or extra stuff?)

Fudge
01-03-2006, 06:57 PM
does anybody have any good auto downloader they have to share?

mindrot
01-03-2006, 07:18 PM
WebReaper is great. Downloads websites, if that's what you want?

Fudge
01-03-2006, 07:30 PM
ill have a look at it, i just want somthing i can download every image from 3d.sk onto my computer

CGTalk Moderation
01-03-2006, 07:30 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.